Dead end jobs with lame pay? how you coping

My job didnt gimme holiday pay for easter although we were scheduled to be open until the friday before.. get my check today... 130 dollars light. I dont neeed the $ but thats some foul **** man... everyday its something. If I wasnt able to blaze at my leisure this would be top 20 worst jobs (I run a cell phone store btw).

I shoulda been promoted twice by now but I keep getting the "tenure" excuse as im new to this particular company (6months).

I might walk out today and never field another question about a GD phone ever again n my life.

Anybody work for the cable or electric company? I bet yall see some rachetness too.. anytime ppl pay monthly for a service they think were supposed to bend over backwards for them smh

Dead end with low pay? Wait arent you tradin the infiniti for a cla? Swear that was you.

Anybody work for the cable or electric company? I bet yall see some rachetness too.. anytime ppl pay monthly for a service they think were supposed to bend over backwards for them smh

Aww man I use to work for Comcast about 4-5 years ago. It wasnt that bad though. Had a company car(i rarely drove my own whip. Ran all my errands while at work lol), so much free time and all the overtime I wanted.

Bad thing, when it got busy, they would load up your schedule expecting you to "miss" lunch and when you had slackers on your team, had to pick up their slack. Customers were usually pretty cool. I always went into it with a cool attitude though. I mean it was no different that any other customer service type job. You get your jerks every now and then but for the most part, people were pretty cool. Even met some of my side bangers that way and got my first legit milf :smokin

Now im an at home advisor for Apple. Stay at home, they sent me an iMac and pays for my phone and internet bill. Pretty smooth

Last edited:
My job didnt gimme holiday pay for easter although we were scheduled to be open until the friday before.. get my check today... 130 dollars light. I dont neeed the $ but thats some foul **** man... everyday its something. If I wasnt able to blaze at my leisure this would be top 20 worst jobs (I run a cell phone store btw).

I shoulda been promoted twice by now but I keep getting the "tenure" excuse as im new to this particular company (6months).

I might walk out today and never field another question about a GD phone ever again n my life.

You like your job bc you can smoke weed whenever you want? Haha! Come on man.

You like your job bc you can smoke weed whenever you want? Haha! Come on man.

Yup. Other than getting to demo new tech 1st its one of the only real perks. No drug tests. Majority of my staff burns. Nothing says teambuilding like sharing a J on the way to and from lunch. Also really rebuilds moral after problem solving all morning and not makin a dime of gross profit off it. I swear ppl think my door says "bring ur cell phones problems n broken devices here. Will fix for free"

Thats me. Makin sub 50k with limited growth potential = dead end job. Doesnt mean I cant has nice things...

Besides... multiple revenue streams.

Ive posted about my job(s) many times. Its common knowledge I thought. Although intially I thought I might stay n this industry long term.

Yup. Other than getting to demo new tech 1st its one of the only real perks. No drug tests. Majority of my staff burns. Nothing says teambuilding like sharing a J on the way to and from lunch. Also really rebuilds moral after problem solving all morning and not makin a dime of gross profit off it. I swear ppl think my door says "bring ur cell phones problems n broken devices here. Will fix for free"

:lol:

Anyways, yeah I can relate OP. Have a Bachelor's degree to boot. It gets frustrating. Do you have any career goals or are you just bouncing around? Maybe you should see career counselor and get on the right path so every move you make is worth while.

You wanna be promoted twice with six months in :stoneface:

Ok so n February my location did 60 new activations. A record for the store... by more than 25% (my own record from december)

We make less profit seemingly everyday on transactions but yet im maintaing or increasing overall store profit... these results are not by accident or dumb luck.

I dont think i really deserve alottt more but for the amount of things on my plate for the pay... its downright pathetic. If u dont wanna pay me for the results I continue to produce at least gimme a shot at more responsibility and higher pay. Like my man common said... it dont take a whole day to recognize sunshine. End of summer to be makin moves or im back to the help desk part time and investing my time n my own buisness ventures

Back
Top Bottom