Dear Niketalk Vol. 2020

As we approach the end of the decade and embark on the next, one should take a moment to reflect. For some of us, this means 2 decades (hell, even 1 is crazy) on this site. To all of you, it's been great. NT holds such special place in my heart that I couldn't possibly condense it to words, and for this, I could never repay you guys. I have enjoyed almost 100% anonymity on here over the years, but today, today I got time, cuz. I love you all.

1574517369906.png

NT is a dope site. I’ve gotten a bunch of solid information on here not just sneaker wise, but life wise in general. I’ve gotten so many deals on things through info posted on here. I opened my mind up to different perspectives on various topics off some of the banter in general from stuff posted on here. Ended up getting some pretty dope connections in different cities through here and became friends with a few heads on here in real life as well.

All this because I randomly found this site while searching for info about the white blue jordan 12’s way back in late 2003.

What’s crazy is this for the people who’ve been on here for a long time. I’m 34 now, I was 18 when I found the site. The fact that it’s managed to keep my interest through my 20’s and into my 30’s is a testament to the everyday use the site has for me. I don’t even really care much for sneakers like I used to (Ima get the black and red 11’s though). But I’ll check general, sports and training, and the jersey pickup threads daily.

I was wondering what happened to you. Haven't seen you post in forever. You've been able to keep full anonymity... Are you implying that you're about to reveal who you are or something, as in a known figure/celeb?

And yes, nt is basically family. Been a member since 02 and never thought that it would be an extension of my life like it has. Legit can't imagine life without it. Thanks to the mods for keeping it up and running.

I was wondering what happened to you. Haven't seen you post in forever. You've been able to keep full anonymity... Are you implying that you're about to reveal who you are or something, as in a known figure/celeb?
:emoji_thinking:

Signed up in fall 2000 under the name spy00007. Now I’m 34 with two kids. I come and go and this site is still here. It’s comforting even with all the change in and outside of it.

It all started in 2001, with an issue of Kicks. That’s when me and my best friend realized, other than AF1s, there were more shoes out than what was in our crappy town’s mall and in Eastbay. We(I) went crazy on the internet just trying to see what else was out and maybe even cop something to make us the only person in our one horse town with a pair of sneakers. Finding NT was a life changing and maybe definitive moment in my life. I didn’t actually join until 02. Not only did NT put us on SBs and sneaker customization. It changed the way we dressed, the way we talked and open our eyes to the whole universe of sneaker collecting. In that 2001 internet search I discovered some Japanese shoes that looked a whole lot like AF1s, except they had a star and lightning bolt on the side. My best friend immediately wrote them of as fakes. :lol:

In 2004 I moved to Texas and got 10 toes deep on NT. An NTer sold me the true reds, my second favorite SBs of all time, for $130. Around 05-06 I went to a summit and met some...and busy some *** in NBA Live. A guy at the summit told me it was a good possibility I was the only person in Texas with the true reds. I went from trying to be the only person in a ****** town with a pair of shoes to being the only person in an entire state with a pair sneakers:nthat:

Thank NT!!

Back
Top Bottom