Dear White People (Promotional Trailer)

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

meh I've been a black guy in a majority white enviroment for awhile now. I'm probably not the right kind of black because this doesnt seem interesting to me at all. I'm couldnt even finish the trailer it was so corny
laugh.gif

This. 

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

only black people will watch this

Naw he's right tho....
Bamboozled

Red Tails

Get on the Bus

The Great Debaters

Whites don't go see black movies.....its a fact

they saw Think Like a Man

which was really good...

and Precious too i think...

i had to watch the trailer again cuz when i first saw it I didn't know it was for a real movie they were trying to make...

i didn't think it'd spark a discussion like this when I saw it...

Everything turns into a race debate on NT.

Anyway, Paul Mooney is the troof. Always will be

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Nope. I'll make a donation, too. Partly because I agree with the vision, and partly because I want to support the indie film industry.

Naw he's right tho....
Bamboozled

Red Tails

Get on the Bus

The Great Debaters

which was really good...

i had to watch the trailer again cuz when i first saw it I didn't know it was for a real movie they were trying to make...

Those arent movies in this lane....
Look at what movies I named. This movie is in that mold.  Ted Whiteman aint buying tickets and taking the family to see his race get told what they do wrong.  Neither is Ted Jr. the 18 year old hs/college kid.

Think Like a Man was market so hard I was surprised.  They had NBA commericals.  You think this will?  ITs called Dear White People 
laugh.gif
  This joint will not do numbers.....ever.  Do whites watch BET? Unless we are being ignorant or entertaining they don't care about us.  They don't want to see us be smart or educational.  They have "their" own movies for that.  They want Big Mommas House 5 or Madea done ran outta Hot Sauce

Naw he's right tho....
Bamboozled

Red Tails

Get on the Bus

The Great Debaters

which was really good...

Look at what movies I named. This movie is in that mold.  Ted Whiteman aint buying tickets and taking the family to see his race get told what they do wrong.  Neither is Ted Jr. the 18 year old hs/college kid.

Think Like a Man was market so hard I was surprised.  They had NBA commericals.  You think this will?  ITs called Dear White People 
laugh.gif
  This joint will not do numbers.....ever.  Do whites watch BET? Unless we are being ignorant or entertaining they don't care about us.  They don't want to see us be smart or educational.  They have "their" own movies for that.  They want Big Mommas House 5 or Madea done ran outta Hot Sauce
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Naw he's right tho....
Bamboozled

Red Tails

Get on the Bus

The Great Debaters

I mean, I said what I said being a white man... I'll try to help get it funded and see it if it does.

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

What do y'all want them to do? Make it from all points of view as to not offend Whites by doing the same thing the movie is about? Too bad it seems it's supposed to be from a Black point of view. get over it. They're just making a point. This does happen and they are showing it.
Oh and I think the movie is mad corny looking, I was just saying. 

Dudes get threatened by this and it's premise.A movie were black people are vocal and have strong viewpoints on white people makes them uncomfortable .Its the reason why Spike Lee is blackballed and hated venomously by a lot of white moviegoers.White people want to be viewed as tolerant cool and fun to get along with. it's like the one kid who wants folks to laughter at their jokes at the expense of other people and get mad and wants to fight when a person does it back.You all don't complain about the tower heist,the help,blindside or legendary.When it's time for magical negroes,super negroes or stepping fetch it's or mammys nobody says a damn word.Yet when black people are depicted as intelligent self aware and concious of the things going around them it's reverse racist .Lol y'all disgust me

I will agree to everything you said verbatim, if you say that "A movie where white people are vocal and have strong viewpoints on black people makes them racist". It's cool, if you disagree, I know you're delusional.

I agree with u son.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Everything turns into a race debate on NT.

Anyway, Paul Mooney is the troof. Always will be
Don't get me wrong I really like Paul Mooney but once you see one of his standups you've seen them all.

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

What do y'all want them to do? Make it from all points of view as to not offend Whites by doing the same thing the movie is about? Too bad it seems it's supposed to be from a Black point of view. get over it. They're just making a point. This does happen and they are showing it.
Oh and I think the movie is mad corny looking, I was just saying. 

Dudes get threatened by this and it's premise.A movie were black people are vocal and have strong viewpoints on white people makes them uncomfortable .Its the reason why Spike Lee is blackballed and hated venomously by a lot of white moviegoers.White people want to be viewed as tolerant cool and fun to get along with. it's like the one kid who wants folks to laughter at their jokes at the expense of other people and get mad and wants to fight when a person does it back.You all don't complain about the tower heist,the help,blindside or legendary.When it's time for magical negroes,super negroes or stepping fetch it's or mammys nobody says a damn word.Yet when black people are depicted as intelligent self aware and concious of the things going around them it's reverse racist .Lol y'all disgust me
I will agree to everything you said verbatim, if you say that "A movie where white people are vocal and have strong viewpoints on black people makes them racist". It's cool, if you disagree, I know you're delusional.
Example of such a movie
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Example of such a movie
nerd.gif

Look at CNN,town home meeting,republican speeches,democratic speeches,tv shows,fox news,cops etc and your justice system .

Some good posts in here. Racism is indeed different from prejudice, which a lot of people, have confused.

I will say, however, that I'm not sure what direction this movie is headed towards. I appreciate the fact that it has ambitions and desires to expose current issues that still exist today and prevalent in culture, but it HAS to have an answer. It will only succeed if it seeks to offer a conclusion, a path to progress for all Americans of all races, not just black and white.

Otherwise, if it is just an informational of what we think vs. what you think, it will be another cycle of disagreement and stereotype us vs. them from both sides of the spectrum.

I know the angle is going for shock value to get people going, and this is a great marketing tool. The debate flood gates will indeed open, but I hope that this movie offers more and becomes a cultural mark that will have a great POSITIVE impact on the subject of race and culture in the US. Or it will just be a waste; worse, an angry film that reinforces the divide.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Example of such a movie
nerd.gif
Look at CNN,town home meeting,republican speeches,democratic speeches,tv shows,fox news,cops etc and your justice system .
Oh I know that I was just expecting dude to name an actual movie that's on that shhh. Like a literal movie with a cast of white ppl being vocal and having strong viewpoints on black ppl. None of that underlying message crap.

REVERSE RACISM IS ENCOURAGED ON NIKETALK....
BUT SOME JS ROUNDHOUSE KICKS ARE FROWNED UPON....bunch of pussyholes

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

I'm black. To say Black people can't be racist is the stupidest think ive ever heard. Anyone can be racist....

What systematic structure do blacks have in place or have ever HAD in place to say blacks can be racist??

As far as I can understand people seem to think that to be racist goes hand in hand with feeling superior. While this is often a part of racism, it's not a "requirement". Racism, to me, is having certain (often negative, but not necessarily so) preconceptions about a race of people, either based on certain experiences in your life time or what you have been taught. 
In other words, being ill informed. So why can't balcks be racist? I hear black people make generalisations about white people quite often (mostly harmless, sometimes malicious) that have no grounds in my experience of being white. It's a generalisation of an entire race, which shows me that yes, blacks can be racist.

Ow yeah, and I would def hit Sam 
pimp.gif

Nope. I'll make a donation, too. Partly because I agree with the vision, and partly because I want to support the indie film industry.

Naw he's right tho....
Bamboozled

Red Tails

Get on the Bus

The Great Debaters

which was really good...

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
lol this guy

If y'all keep putting out race thread after race thread meth is gonna have to make an entirely new section on NT just for that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

I'm black. To say Black people can't be racist is the stupidest think ive ever heard. Anyone can be racist....

What systematic structure do blacks have in place or have ever HAD in place to say blacks can be racist??

So racism is based solely on systematic structures? 
laugh.gif

Systematic structures?

"What does that even mean?"

"No-one knows what it means, but it's provocative! ....it get's the people going"

Please name a systematic structure CURRENTLY in place that prevents black US citizens from having the same legal rights and freedoms that everybody else in the States experiences.

If you didn't know what systematic structure is or what it consists of then all you have to do is ask instead of making yourself look like a clown in the process.  Systematic structure in this case would be education, laws, law enforcement, and economics being used against black people.  There is a structure still CURRENTLY in place that was specifically set up decades ago to have blacks as the infamous Joe Clark said "as a permanent underclcass..................a permanent underclass"  As a whole, white people had black people in the back of the bus.........literally and now blacks are now trying to play catch up and get to the front of the bus as quickly as possible, but lets not act like white people don't have a huge head start and lead on us regarding these issues.  To be fair, that assessment isn't to blame some white people or younger white people in this day and age, but it is what it is. 

Even in this very day and age we have high schools trying to have or even having seperate/segregated proms and we have politicians created new "tactics" to minimize the black vote seeing as how this is a presidential year. 

Agreed, but since Paul Mooney said it- its gotta be right
grin.gif

For every step I THINK you take forward, you end up only a few moments later taking a step backwards.  Get it together champ.

Seems like 95% of NT doesn't know the difference between prejudice & racism. To think that some of you guys are going to college...
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom