Debut of the Lebron Zoom Soldier 3 against the Pistons. But what if.......?

ME... if I wanted to sell a shoe for Summer Months.. which were a Team Shoe... I'd have Boobie, Side Show Bob and Moe with Z in a commercial on the Blacktop doin it up against some other Nike dudes in 5 on 5... sans the Air Force 25 Commercial.....

That NEVER gets old... the other Nike guys can be rockin the other new Nike stuff.... you could cut so many commercials focusing on each shoe..... but BigDummy.. I am like you..

New to this and I just dream this stuff up knowing it could never work. I just like to Dream that he is me. lololol

Back in the day, some of the bulls players (Longley, Randy Brown, Ron Harper, Toni Kucoc, and sometimes Pippen) would wear the Sig line, I want to say ToniKucoc might of wore the Black/White Jordan team shoes but might be wrong.

I don't get why other Cavs players aren't wearing the Sig/Team line, Have Mo wear one pair of the VI while Lebron wears another.

Like with the bulls, Michael would wear the Playoff XII, while Longley/Harper still wore the Blk/red XII etc, Much better way to market your product

Originally Posted by RockDeep

ME... if I wanted to sell a shoe for Summer Months.. which were a Team Shoe... I'd have Boobie, Side Show Bob and Moe with Z in a commercial on the Black top doin it up against some other Nike dudes in 5 on 5... sans the Air Force 25 Commercial.....

Exactly.

Gotta say I've never liked the idea of the team LBJ line but I understand why there is one.

But LeBron wearing these year after year at prime time, when everyone is really paying attention, sends the wrong message.

The sig line doesn't sell like it should anyway but you jettison it once showtime, the playoffs, start?

That sends the message that the sig line isn't really special at all. Jordan sold shoes because his great play was constantly attached to them. LeBron's sig shoes are sitting in his locker and on the shelves come playoff time.

*makes check mark by reason #7 on 'Why LeBron considers UA' list*

Rock, to be totally honest man I do not care what the hell he is wearing as long as he brings that CHAMPIONSHIP back home to Cleveland. I myself am not a hugefan of the whole "team shoe" thing but, if the team shoe helps his game then WEAR IT! I love the 20.5.5 but all the team shoes after that have beenpoop. Oh yeah..... GO CAVS!!!

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Back in the day, some of the bulls players (Longley, Randy Brown, Ron Harper, Toni Kucoc, and sometimes Pippen) would wear the Sig line, I want to say Toni Kucoc might of wore the Black/White Jordan team shoes but might be wrong.

I don't get why other Cavs players aren't wearing the Sig/Team line, Have Mo wear one pair of the VI while Lebron wears another.

Like with the bulls, Michael would wear the Playoff XII, while Longley/Harper still wore the Blk/red XII etc, Much better way to market your product

I tried to get it in bold but i couldn't and Mo has worn the VI's i think it was only once and it was the last game of the regular season when idk ifhe played at all and lebron didnt even dress but here is him in some OSU VI . . . as for which shoe would be considered thechampionship shoe if they do win it i think they will come out with a championship colorway for possible both the VI and soldier III so i guess it could goeither way.

I hope that if they make it to the finals, that Lebron switches back to the VI. Having his non-sig shoe on the biggest stage of the year is a big mistake.Imagine if MJ had done that. the flu game shoes would be Jumpman Pro and the DMP pack would've been team shoes.
eyes.gif

Personally I don't think he should wear the Soldier at all. His team shoes should be able to sell well enough without him wearing it based on price alone.Not to mention it pretty much kills any sales of the sig line once everyone sees him wearing a different shoe in the palyoffs. It seems obvious that his sigshoes is the one that needs a boost in sales, but this jusy goes against that idea.

Originally Posted by KDogLBJ23

Rock, to be totally honest man I do not care what the hell he is wearing as long as he brings that CHAMPIONSHIP back home to Cleveland. I myself am not a huge fan of the whole "team shoe" thing but, if the team shoe helps his game then WEAR IT! I love the 20.5.5 but all the team shoes after that have been poop. Oh yeah..... GO CAVS!!!
Kev you are blinded by Loyalty..
roll.gif

But I understand. You and Hungry Thirsty Cavs fans aren't allowed in the discussion.

Its like asking an NT Kobe fan if Kobe is better than MJ..... Pointless.
laugh.gif

nice question rock! i wonder what if nike continued with kobe's line with how they carried out the zk2 (with the ultimate, strength, and lites) and if hewon then...which shoe would be the "one" that won it for them? so i guess you bring a good point with nike making reg season and post season shoesfor bron....i wouldnt even know where to begin to answer your question in all honesty.

kdog how you gonna support the cavs with ray allen PE in your avatar?
nerd.gif
haha jk

I agree with the talk about the cavs players wearing the lebron team shoe. Alot of the lakers wear the zkiv. And I think what Zach13g said isn't too bad.Let him wear the team shoe until the finals and then have a "finals" version of the vi

Or Nike might start making Two lebron sig shoes for each season....one for the start/middle and one for the playoffs....that would be beautiful....heard jordanused to do that.....or at least he did with the XIVs.....

Your point is very valid Rock, and I like the idea which Dummy brought to the floor of the other Nike athletes on Cavs team wearing the team shoe...but I guessit would be part of their choice and if they would opt for it. But that would bring a lot of attention to his sig and the team shoe if something like that wereto happen because it will embody the positives indirectly of comradery, togetherness and a sense of loyalty to the captain and leader ("ride or die"kinda mentality).....Look at the Lakers for instance and most of the Nike athletes have at least once worn the ZKIV. I could hear Caig Sager doing a 30 secondpiece in a game pointing that out saying that "If you notice most of the Cavs are wearing Lebron's team shoe from his signature line with Nike, showsa sense of closeness and loyalty..." or something of that sort, bcause the media will pick up on cheesy but effective stuff like that...

From what i've noticed in this thread also from the Lebron 7 thread, there seems to be some miscues (I know to many "some" might be anunderstatement) from Nike and their marketing of the line and how they decide to go about handling Lebron and his merchandise etc. But I guess they're ofthe view that most wont notice or bother to think of the underlying significance whether positive or negative of such moves and that shoe buyers wont think ofsuch issues, which I guess you cant blame them for....as most shoe buyers won't think of that but will simply just go after what Lebron wore the night hedid this or that.

Does it diminish the value of the actual sig shoe, Im not sure its having such an effect, cuz you can go further in analysing that yes the Playoffs are"where it counts" but the full 82 game grind and him using it then can also signify the shoe's toughness and validity of the choice for theseason and what got him to the playoffs

I believe that things should revert to how its been before where, less colours are revealed in the season itself (apart from Christmas, All-Star) and releaseplayoff versions when that time comes just like how MJ and AI (especially in 2001 with the answer 4's) have done it during their runs. Although teams havebecome so commercialized with all the changes in appearance and hardwood classics and alternate uniforms nowadays that loads of colourways have to be pushedanyway. Again I see your point and I do believe its valid, and I do like Dummy's idea...that way in the playoffs both shoes can be on display killing 2birds with one stone

I feel you on your points Rock. It is the first game and too early to tell what Bron will do.
The soldier is releasing soon and he will push them, maybe then he will switch to the 6s as the playoffs go on, say the finals?

That made me think about why he didn't get out of the soldiers last time at the finals, but he was rocking the 4s, which alot of people complained werentgood for ball.
LeBron could've felt the same way and thats why he stuck with them. Im guessing in the later rounds, LeBron will either choose the shoe that he likes more,or if necessary switch between the 6s and 3s for marketing.

Or maybe BronBron will just do the thing he did in the last olympic games wearing his signature shoes even breaking out the lebron vi.... I think he will breakout his new shoes on the NBA finals.... that's only what i think of....

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

are his new zoom soldier 3s in a Colorway that is available to the General Public? that to me is what these "defining" moments are all about. can I buy what he wore to win the playoffs?

thats the biggest downfall of nike hoops, truly PE signature model shoes. I can see PEs of an air max shox TB for a guy like Caron Butler, but a player specific lebron shoe that becomes even MORE player specific? thats just ******ed
True. That's why alot of people loved the fact that MJ wore what the people could go out and buy, and he wore what the people could/wouldwear. I like the P.E. concept
to a certain point. Alot of people don't like Melo, but I like the fact that this year he didn't wear so many different P.E.s like he did in the past,he wore alot of GR kicks.
The fact that some shoes are region or HoH or whatever exclusive, making them harder to obtain without having to pay outrageous prices, flat out sucks. I wouldlove
to have a shoe that if a specific player had a "defining" moment in a shoe, to go out and obtain it without the hassle and outrageous price tag.

I have to say i've never been a big fan of him changing shoes - until this year.....

The trouble for me is i cant stand the VI as a basketball shoe - its fine as another AF1 a like but as a piece of basketball equipment there are just so manyother better options out there.

This year i get why he would want to.

And at the risk of being cynical i get why Nike would want to as well. When you spend that money you have to try to put as much Bron stuff out there - thetrouble being you dilute the brand.....

Is this the first shoe with ALL three logo's on it? With one having a Combo of Logo's in a Crest?

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Is this the first shoe with ALL three logo's on it? With one having a Combo of Logo's in a Crest?
Actually it's started this season, but I think The Six was first to do that.
Most of the colorways have the Dunkman inside (http://nikelebron.net/fakes/fake_lebron_vi/og_labels/)
the L23 on the collar tab and the Lionhead on the tongue.

The major difference between ZLVI and ZSIII is... this time the Lion head is hiding not the Dunkman LOL.

I missed a lot of action past weekend... time to catch up...

I personally dont think the team shoes "hurt" the sales of his sig shoes. I think they sell PURELY off price. I know the parents I deal with see itas getting some Lebrons for cheap. The dudes that actually hoop and buy team shoes do it for price too. Thats why the Jordan team shoes sell...theyre cheaper.It has little to nothing to do with Bibby, or Ray or Joe Johnson wearing them. When they see that Jordan logo on them, theyre Jordans...wether they be teamshoes, or 2009's. Same goes for the lebron shoes.

I really dont think the genral buying public really even idenifies his shoes as what he wore in the regular season vs. what he wore in the play-offs. They justknow this is a Lebron shoe. If there are 2-3 Lebron shoes on the shelf, theyre generally gonna buy the cheapest of the 3. They want that cache', withoutspending the cash. They couldnt tell you the difference between the LBJV's and the Soldier II's...theyre all Lebrons.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I personally dont think the team shoes "hurt" the sales of his sig shoes. I think they sell PURELY off price. I know the parents I deal with see it as getting some Lebrons for cheap. The dudes that actually hoop and buy team shoes do it for price too. Thats why the Jordan team shoes sell...theyre cheaper. It has little to nothing to do with Bibby, or Ray or Joe Johnson wearing them. When they see that Jordan logo on them, theyre Jordans...wether they be team shoes, or 2009's. Same goes for the lebron shoes.

I really dont think the genral buying public really even idenifies his shoes as what he wore in the regular season vs. what he wore in the play-offs. They just know this is a Lebron shoe. If there are 2-3 Lebron shoes on the shelf, theyre generally gonna buy the cheapest of the 3. They want that cache', without spending the cash. They couldnt tell you the difference between the LBJV's and the Soldier II's...theyre all Lebrons.

Co-sign. Price is the biggest factor. People aren't gonna say I'm gonna buy the ones because hes wearing them in the playoffs.

trust, if they had $85-$100 Jordan Team shoes when I was in school, I woulda copped them and never even thought about scrapin up up $150+ for an actual sigshoe. back then there was no option....the sig shoe was the only Jordan ahoe available...if you wanted a Jordan, you had to drop the $150 + tax

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

trust, if they had $85-$100 Jordan Team shoes when I was in school, I woulda copped them and never even thought about scrapin up up $150+ for an actual sig shoe. back then there was no option....the sig shoe was the only Jordan ahoe available...if you wanted a Jordan, you had to drop the $150 + tax

Sooo much truth in this statement.. Do you know they wish they would have made this more prevalent back then too? Other than the few that DID come out?

I missed the team shoe deal. By that I mean, by the time team shoes were comin out, I had my own income, and could afford to spend on the full priced sigs.
I think youre right though...if team shoes were readily available while MJ was playin, the numbers woulda been incredible. I KNOW it woulda been so much easierto convince my mom to get some FBI's instead of XVIII's. All the Jordan footwear my lil brother has owned has been Team shoes.

they need to get rid of the zoom soldiers and focus on making a nice lookin shoe for his signature line. they already f#%*#* up the 5's and 6's and thesketches of the 7's look like garbage too, and they are bring out way too many color ways. alot of colorways make shoes look cheap like team shoes. thereshould be no more than 4 or 5 different color ways of a signature shoe.

I dont think the Colorways being plentiful is a bad thing per say but the access to them are.

All Nike had to do is make them ALL available online at NDC or even Footlocker.

Back
Top Bottom