December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

this guy matt riddle not even worthy of the big jungle boy name. jungle boy wouldnt even lie and victim shame the victim and act like hes the victim

this guy is a joke. just admit what you did and say sorry. guy is a narcissist.

what a creep and i see all the wwe fanboys rallying around this creep too

“oh im suffering so much keeping this secret that im cheating on my wife its killing me” 😂 ******* clown

Vince sees him as the next hbk. looks like its peppered angus on the dinner menu

1594310070951.gif

this guy matt riddle not even worthy of the big jungle boy name. jungle boy wouldnt even lie and victim shame the victim and act like hes the victim

this guy is a joke. just admit what you did and say sorry. guy is a narcissist.

what a creep and i see all the wwe fanboys rallying around this creep too

“oh im suffering so much keeping this secret that im cheating on my wife its killing me” 😂 ****ing clown

What happened outside of his statement from yesterday?

So NXT which allows wrestlers to have expanded movesets and more freedom should be judged as less because they’re not the extremely formulaic matches and dumbed down movesets of the main roster? Practicing a match means they won’t have a couple botches here and there, but the overall structure and story of the match are still the same. It’s not going to make a gigantic difference in match quality. Main roster giving less time to practice is the fault of their own system.

So NXT which allows wrestlers to have expanded movesets and more freedom should be judged as less because they’re not the extremely formulaic matches and dumbed down movesets of the main roster? Practicing a match means they won’t have a couple botches here and there, but the overall structure and story of the match are still the same. It’s not going to make a gigantic difference in match quality. Main roster giving less time to practice is the fault of their own system.
It makes a HUGE difference in the presentation of a match if the talent aren't handcuffed and/or given time/confidence to do their thing.

Yes, NXT should be graded on a CURVE because it is the literal definition of "Incubation Wrestling."

NXT is a "company" that doesn't have to worry about operational costs since it is a subsidiary of WWE.

It isn't a stand-alone company like AEW, ROH, NJPW.

It really is in it's own class since it is unlike anything else.

Just because it is wrestling on TV doesn't mean it should be compared to other wrestling shows on TV.

Considering everything, for the existence of NXT, it has been generally entertaining but that doesn't erase the fact that it is created in the Lab.

Main roster giving less time to practice is the fault of their own system.
*Correction* "NXT giving their roster MORE time to practice is the BENEFIT of their system."

So when would Main Roster athletes have time to practice?

"Having time to practice matches" is a luxury people in WRESTLING SCHOOLS have.

throughout the history of Pro Wrestling, When have you ever heard of a wrestling company providing their athletes with time to practice their matches?

How is that on WWE? They have TV, Travel, TV, Travel. How is it on WWE at fault for not providing Main Roster people time to practice?

Last edited:

As the biggest NXT flag holder, short answer is yes. But it also doesn’t mean it’s not the better product, it is.

But, what I’ve said before is that this SHOULD be the new model. Football players practice, team meetings, position coaches, lift sessions, have health professionals around them so they can get to the game as best as they physically can on Sunday.

Sincerely, forget house shows. Turn house shows into what the NXT Takeovers are. Keep with football turn it into a random Thursday night game. Difference being it’s like 1 Thursday every month or even every other month. Make all Raws, SDs as the main stay vs. all the travel.

I’d even be more extreme but this is just me. Raw would be everything west of Texas, SD would be everything East of Texas and split Texas in the middle. Create “territories” again. Really want to have a Raw and SD team, go for it. Can cover 2x the states and increase ticket sales.

*Correction* "NXT giving their roster MORE time to practice is the BENEFIT of their system."

So when would Main Roster athletes have time to practice?

"Having time to practice matches" is a luxury people in WRESTLING SCHOOLS have.

throughout the history of Pro Wrestling, When have you ever heard of a wrestling company providing their athletes with time to practice their matches?

How is that on WWE? They have TV, Travel, TV, Travel. How is it on WWE at fault for not providing Main Roster people time to practice?

House shows would be practice. And not a good version.

Audience free practice.

That was the topic Big Lance.

I mentioned it in my previous post and initial post.

You specific question was “When have you ever heard of a wrestling company providing their athletes with time to practice their matches?”

My answer was “House shows would be practice.”

Trying to make a point on topic without sticking to the topic question is your problem, not mine. The answer also doesn’t change.

Not a fan of the double belt.

I think the reason we got here is a bit complicated though and a combination of things. First, they probably feel the need to get Cole and UE up to main roster in time for Summer Slam. I assume we'll see them on Raw or SD that week after THE HORROR SHOW. Second, I think Velveteen was actually supposed to be the heir to the NXT Title, but his whole issue popped up. Don't think the timing was right quite yet for Kross. Loomis not ready yet. I guess the other options would've been Finn/Gargano/Chompa. Would rather have Lee over all them.

You specific question was “When have you ever heard of a wrestling company providing their athletes with time to practice their matches?”

My answer was “House shows would be practice.”

Trying to make a point on topic without sticking to the topic question is your problem, not mine. The answer also doesn’t change.
But The definition of "practice" was already established throughout this conversation. So to throw "House Shows" in there when "practice" is mentioned doesn't really apply to this convo. But I will be more specific each and everytime the word is mentioned moving forward.

As the biggest NXT flag holder, short answer is yes. But it also doesn’t mean it’s not the better product, it is.

But, what I’ve said before is that this SHOULD be the new model. Football players practice, team meetings, position coaches, lift sessions, have health professionals around them so they can get to the game as best as they physically can on Sunday.

Sincerely, forget house shows. Turn house shows into what the NXT Takeovers are. Keep with football turn it into a random Thursday night game. Difference being it’s like 1 Thursday every month or even every other month. Make all Raws, SDs as the main stay vs. all the travel.

I’d even be more extreme but this is just me. Raw would be everything west of Texas, SD would be everything East of Texas and split Texas in the middle. Create “territories” again. Really want to have a Raw and SD team, go for it. Can cover 2x the states and increase ticket sales.
A few things.

1. The idea sounds cool in a vacuum but unlike Pro Sports teams, Main Roster doesn't have a "home base." Does your scenario see everybody on these Rosters live in the same city so they can "Go to Practice" like those folks in NXT are able to do? (Being Based in Tampa)

2. How would travel work? Would each "team" travel together? PRivate or Charter?

3. Who is paying for travel/lodging since wrestlers are still considered independent contractors? Since everything would be done together and there is less, "I am going home and showing up on X day for TV" should the company be expected to foot the bill on some of these expenses?

Just a few questions.

Not a fan of the double belt.

I think the reason we got here is a bit complicated though and a combination of things. First, they probably feel the need to get Cole and UE up to main roster in time for Summer Slam. I assume we'll see them on Raw or SD that week after THE HORROR SHOW. Second, I think Velveteen was actually supposed to be the heir to the NXT Title, but his whole issue popped up. Don't think the timing was right quite yet for Kross. Loomis not ready yet. I guess the other options would've been Finn/Gargano/Chompa. Would rather have Lee over all them.

I don't mind letting a person have 2 belts as long as they aren't both singles titles..And if they are singles titles then the "lesser" title has to be given up on the very next edition of whichever tv show the wrestler is on..If the 2 belts are a single and a tag belt then the person holding them can only do so for a brief amount of time..

And I absolutely hate when a person can have multiple titles in UFC/MMA..Just makes the product look weak IMO..

But The definition of "practice" was already established throughout this conversation. So to throw "House Shows" in there when "practice" is mentioned doesn't really apply to this convo. But I will be more specific each and everytime the word is mentioned moving forward.

It does if it’s the answer to your question.

I appreciate moving forward that you will say what you mean and mean what you say.

Goes good. Just ready to do some real work again

How about you?

What have you been doing since all this happened?

I actually got busier as this whole thing started. A lot of work. Family of course, brother in law is getting married Friday. All that good jazz.

I don't mind letting a person have 2 belts as long as they aren't both singles titles..And if they are singles titles then the "lesser" title has to be given up on the very next edition of whichever tv show the wrestler is on..If the 2 belts are a single and a tag belt then the person holding them can only do so for a brief amount of time..

And I absolutely hate when a person can have multiple titles in UFC/MMA..Just makes the product look weak IMO..
I think the issue is having MULTIPLE "Double Belt Folks" in the WWE system at once when having Double Belts should be viewed as a rare occurrence.

I think Lee is gonna lose the NA Title in a multi man match where he doesn’t get pinned pretty soon. Will then focus on his program with Kross for the main title.

A few things.

1. The idea sounds cool in a vacuum but unlike Pro Sports teams, Main Roster doesn't have a "home base." Does your scenario see everybody on these Rosters live in the same city so they can "Go to Practice" like those folks in NXT are able to do? (Being Based in Tampa)

2. How would travel work? Would each "team" travel together? PRivate or Charter?

3. Who is paying for travel/lodging since wrestlers are still considered independent contractors? Since everything would be done together and there is less, "I am going home and showing up on X day for TV" should the company be expected to foot the bill on some of these expenses?

Just a few questions.

1. Yes, absolutely. They don’t as of right now, but why couldn’t they? Make a huge spectacle of Stamford (or wherever they want it) being the home base or in my territory vision to have 2 huge shows. A lot of the talent lives in Tampa as it is, they have wrestling communities but I would want to move it somewhere else. NXT already has that flag.

2. Each team would travel together, not entirely sure how they travel now but in my no house show scenario would be fly in day before to do pre-show walk through and tweaks, show, fly home next morning. Raw scheduled would look something like Wednesday - Saturday is recovery/practice/training/med days. Sunday is travel, then an evening game plan walk through. Mostly down time. Monday Is the show. Tuesday Is travel and down time. If I had it to do private, I would... but I have no idea the cost vs. each. Taking care of talent while using cost to my advantage is my goal there. Obviously a partnership with an airline would be a high priority.

3. I wouldn’t have independent contractors, I do understand Why they do it. But the overall business suffers, so I can’t answer your question in that sense. My contracts would be 2-4-6 year contracts with options, a lot of percentage measureables that would allow talent to be more entertaining and not so much under the strict WWE Guidelines with social media and such. They would be salary with stips essentially. The company should handle the team bus bills, possibly lodging. But if I’m good (and I am, no idea about others) I would have exclusive relationships with lodging and travel that not only help us but helps the travel and lodging with ads, exposure, and revenue growth.

Back
Top Bottom