Deciphering Nike's color codes...

I know it isn't true in all cases, but you can usually tell what color a shoe will be just by the 3 digit code. The first number will almost always be thedominant color followed by two accent colors.

Can you help me match the numbers with the correct colors?

0 = Black/Grey/Silver/Graphite
1 = White
2 = Brown/Earth Tones
3 = Green
4 = Blue
5 = Purple
6 = Red
7 = Yellow
8 = Orange
9 = Special Make Up

So are they all correct now?

The list's above looks good. As an addition... The first number has been the dominant color. The next number has normally been the swoosh color, or jordanlogo color. The 3rd number is the order is how many of the 2nd color number were mande. For and example... 161 would be White/Red, while 162 would be anothercolor of red (White/Crimson), and 162 would be White/Challenge Red. This is not always 100% but does follow the general rule.

I would say that that's the general guideline. I usually don't pay much mind to the third # because as someonestated earlier, it can throw you off because it's usually more of the # in a series of the same color. For example, this year there were three GR AF1swith white/team red as the base accent color and they were around 163, 167, 168, etc. And the ones from the spring with all white uppers and accent outsolewere like 996 for the ice bottom, 995 for the navy and 993 for the royals (please don't reply with the actual code as it's just a quick range). Alsoit kinda doesn't make sense sometimes, like the white/white/silver Turbo OZs this year were 112 but the white/navy's were 111.

But 90 percent of the time, if you see a 071, 163, 411, 241, 061, or 081, you can bank that it's gonna be ablack/varsity maize, white/varsity red, obsidian/white, linen/university blue, black/varsity red, black/orange blaze or something very similar.

never thought of this. nice
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom