Def Jam Exec VP Shakir Stewart Commits Suicide

I dunno...

But that's wild. The dude was a people person...part of this seems fishy, but you never know what people go through behind closed doors.

Originally Posted by SUGE510212

Damn I remember hearing dude on Foxxhole Radio right before he took the position.
I listen to that !#% every week and don't even remember. What episode?

Originally Posted by YngSeanCombs12

RIP to him...

I just have a feeling that it wasn't a suicide..

You could be right. I always have a hard time believing someone in such power takes their life. I mean yea you have so mental issues at times but I alwayscan't help but think some of these "suicides" are actually murders. Maybe I watch too much TV and movies I guess lol.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I dunno...

But that's wild. The dude was a people person...part of this seems fishy, but you never know what people go through behind closed doors.

exactly. some people are so ignorant, success doesn't mean happiness mental illness is no joke.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Damn I remember hearing dude on Foxxhole Radio right before he took the position.

i can't say R.I.P. because i have no remorse for people who take their own life.....but i do wish that he got help before he killed himself

R.I.P

Damn, People dream about being in the position he was in. Real crazy he would take his own life with a career that sounds and looks like a dream. I hope Godswith his family.
tired.gif

Wonder if he seen somebody throw up a diamond before he went...

but seriously r.i.p

Obviously the guy was in a prominent position with a world renowned label such as Def Jam but I'm sure there is alot of crap that mentally destroys you astime goes on. Certain jobs are extremely demanding and I wouldn't doubt that it just got to be too much for this man to handle....

Regardless of the circumstances involved it's still a shame and condolences to the family and friends.

That is true, alot of people wont understand the stress and how much pressure you can be under as far as working for certain companies. You really have to bementally prepared for the challenge real talk.

He could have also had personal issues, you never know.
RIP.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I can't remember but it was around the time Jay left Def Jam. I'm guessing it was one of the Jan 08 episodes.

I was shocked when I red this. My condolences to the family and friends. Just goes to show the money does not really make you happy.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Where's the dude who's interning for them?
that would be me ... I just got back from DC and heard the news and was FLOORED .... i just don't see how/why this would happen ... but thereare things in people's lives that we just don't know about ... I had the chance to meet him a few times @ IDJ and he was always in a good mood andcrackin jokes with LA Reid or whomever ... its truly a big lose to the Def Jam family ... im @ school so im not there until my winter break ... As sad as it is... i would like to know who is going to take his position now ...

Originally Posted by The Encore

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Where's the dude who's interning for them?
that would be me ... I just got back from DC and heard the news and was FLOORED .... i just don't see how/why this would happen ... but there are things in people's lives that we just don't know about ... I had the chance to meet him a few times @ IDJ and he was always in a good mood and crackin jokes with LA Reid or whomever ... its truly a big lose to the Def Jam family ... im @ school so im not there until my winter break ... As sad as it is ... i would like to know who is going to take his position now ...

Not me.
tired.gif

R.I.P.
but come ON to 99% of yall in here!!!

you know it ain't no suicide. come on now.

Back
Top Bottom