Defense In NBA 2K9 vol. Stop LeBron or Kobe

Here's my strategy for both Bron and Kobe. This is primarily for online play against a pretty good human opponent.

1. I never double team them unless they are in the post (they are just gonna beat it anyway). Plus, especially with the Lakers, Kobe will just pass out toFish, Farmer...and they'll kill you with 3's.

2. I NEVER deny ball, they just cut back door all day and kill you

3. Unless you have a elite perimeter defender or another superstar (Prince, Artest, Dwade) you aren't going to be able to stay in front of them period.

4. After a made basket, full court press.

5. If the opponent runs an offense, after they pass halfcourt go into a half court press D. Once in the half court as the shot clock runs down switch to a 2-3zone. Keep at least two zone D's in your quick list. If you keep going to the same D the computer will figure it out and begin to kill you so I switchbetween the 2-3 and 3-2

6. If the opponent is a cheeser Zone All Day. I typically run a 2-3 and I control my best defender D them up hard and just let them meet my big man and therest of the D in the middle. They are going to get their share of highlight dunks and threes but their percentage is going to suck.

7. Most Importantly, RUN AN OFFENSE. The last thing you want to do is get into a fast break shootout game. Find 2-3 good halfcourt sets and run them. Only fastbreak on steals this'll keep you in the game against a good Kobe Bron user and frustrate the cheeser.

no.. kobe and lebron are possible to D up. u know who's impossible to guard? YAO @!#*$*+ MING. people cheese with that ********. the dude takes up all thespace in the paint and can shoot it over everyone. played this dude who went 23-24 with him. he eats up all the offensive boards too.

i had 63 points with melo tho..
laugh.gif

I got beat by Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis the other day by 15 points. And when I say I got beat by those two I mean they are the only 2 players on the teamthat scored. Dwight Howard had 55 and Rashard had 22. No one else on their team scored. It was horrible.

rashad lewis can shoot over anyone at anytime in that game
hand in face or not
it sad
i've been on a streak lately but i think its because i've slowed down my game and began to post up and run iso's
im guilty of playing with either of these teams practically every time i play
but i actually run an offense and take my time

Lebron usually gets a bunch of assists cuz even if they d him up the team has so many shooters i can bail him out
Kobe has the same but he has the fortune of having ppl who can create their own offense off the dribble

and do not rush on the clock
set up an offense or have the game run a play for u

if u have a turnover and notice a man is free up court turn your crash boards setting down that way if it happens again your men will get back and possiblyprevent the fastbreak

alot of the tips in this thread are pretty good too. although i have yet to run zone, i might give it a try next game though.

i hate guardin bron or kobe

but when i play with the lakers.i make odom run the O and dude ends up averagin like 16 points 15-18 assist 8 boards 2-3 steals and 2-3 blocks

i lobe odom in 2k9.hes such a beast. i barely even use Kobe when im the lakers.real talk

I stopped playin alot because EVERYONE either picks Lakers or Cavs. Only way for me to stop them was pickin Lakers if they had Cavs and etc. I 'm 26-7overall on PS3 but at least 20 of those games were from Lakers vs Cavs matchups. I could stop them with the Magic with the 3's and D. Howard but it aintright to me if I dont use LeBron/Kobe when they have Kobe/Lebron.

Overall I'd pick the Warriors though, J. Crawford + Biedrins is all I need, but since 2K8 I could never do S-Jax shot perfectly ONLINE.

Favorite match-up though was Warriors vs Suns. When J-Rich got traded there everyone was on the Suns hype so I got SOME time not havin to do the Lakers/Cavs@%%%!$#%. But it IS fun sometimes though, but it got old quick...%$## was like we both had God mode on with LeBron and Kobe.
smh.gif

it's kinda sad when someone plays with LBJ or Kobe and puts em at point too. I mean you're already gonna be using him and only him, do you even have toswitch him to a point guard spot for a mismatch?
smh.gif

haven't played 2k9 at all so i'm just going on what i used on 2k8.
played offball D alot when it came to them, usually went man to man and roamed the middle with my bigs. if they're trying to cut to the basket get in theirway. if they had Varejao or Wallace on the floor i used whoever was guarding them to roam, they didn't know what to do.

I gotta buddy who plays with the lakers and cavs and after he figured out how to beat the sixers and boston I have switched to the rockets and artest playsgood D and on lebron and battier shuts kobe down in the box and 1 D and yao is monster in the paint and blocks at least 2 of their dunks a game don'treally like playin the box on the cavs cuz delonte, mo, szerbe, and gibson can kill you on the wings and corners

i cant stand it when the Cavs or Lakers get like 3 offensive rebounds in a row and then they score after you play good D.

yes im salty.

i love beating someone if they have the cavs or the lakers
laugh.gif
.....because if i do then they are really sorry

Honestly, none of these strategies work... maybe on LeBreezy.. but Kobe can shoot like hes from Mars... I just let them drop their 40+ and make sure i score onthe other end. I lpay 2-3 zone when i play the Lakers or Cavs. Both seem still to get in between the front court and get And1's alllll dayyyyyy. Just letthem drop and make sure to score on the other end.

I remember I played a dude who was using the Lakers, and after every made basket all he did was leave Kobe on the opposite end of the court instead of makinghim play D. So when I was on offense it was 5 on 4, and he basically played like a box defense letting me shoot 3's all day. If he got the rebound orinbounds it was a quick full court pass to Kobe

cheesers
frown.gif

Forget Kobe and Bron. They've never touched 40 against me online.

What about JOSH SMITH?!

This dude dropped 58 on me last game I played, it was ridiculous, I really could not stop him at all. Somehow he kept getting matched up against Ben Gordoneven though Gordon was specifically matched against someone else. I didn't really have anyone else on the Bulls that matched up with him well anywaythough. The dude I was playing against did the same thing most of the game though, he just ran an isolation to the side of the basket and then would do allthis isomotion which lead to him dunking over the defender everytime. Couldn't really double because he would use isomotion before the double team came.Zone didn't stop him from driving, he just dunked over everyone at will, really frustrating. It didn't help that the dude had his release downperfectly. I think it was just one of those games where he was hitting everything though, he was making a lot of circus shots. I doubt that dude scores evenclose to that often with him. I stayed within 10 points for most of the game though even though he was on fire, which means if he Josh didn't happen to begoing nuts I probably would've won.

^
laugh.gif

I ALWAYS play with the Hawks. When somebody plays with Lebron or Kobe, I throw Josh Smith on them and set it to double team. It usually works.

1-3-1 and control the guy at the free throw line (i hate people who play off ball d but this year man will get tour up) i use the lakers so i have bynum at thebottom control gasol and have lamar and kobe on the wings if their cheesin hard put ariza at point and your defense is awesome the only weekness is corner 3pointers

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

Forget Kobe and Bron. They've never touched 40 against me online.

What about JOSH SMITH?!

This dude dropped 58 on me last game I played, it was ridiculous, I really could not stop him at all. Somehow he kept getting matched up against Ben Gordon even though Gordon was specifically matched against someone else. I didn't really have anyone else on the Bulls that matched up with him well anyway though. The dude I was playing against did the same thing most of the game though, he just ran an isolation to the side of the basket and then would do all this isomotion which lead to him dunking over the defender everytime. Couldn't really double because he would use isomotion before the double team came. Zone didn't stop him from driving, he just dunked over everyone at will, really frustrating. It didn't help that the dude had his release down perfectly. I think it was just one of those games where he was hitting everything though, he was making a lot of circus shots. I doubt that dude scores even close to that often with him. I stayed within 10 points for most of the game though even though he was on fire, which means if he Josh didn't happen to be going nuts I probably would've won.
Josh Smith is ridiculous on that game, son is a real underrated player on that game, so is Hakim Warrick, duke be boomin' on people.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom