Defining Moments, It's been 6 years

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

^^No flame but the 2000 concords shouldn't have a wearability issue unless they were stored under extreme conditions. As far as the shape and all that not matching the OG's, correct the retro's don't match the same shape as the OG's but they still look good AND are comfortable. You just put them on and go, no annoyances. The same can't be said for the DMPs.

My homie copped a pair of '00 Concords a while ago and he experienced the sole separation issue.. it's not that the seller had stored them incorrectly. The seller wore them occasionally and kept them in the box. It's just the age of the glue and materials at this point.. and it's only getting worse. Needless to say, my friend sold them to someone who wanted to restore them and go through the trouble of all that.

And IMO, the DMPs look amazing and are comfortable as well. ESPECIALLY compared to the recent retros.. I can't stress that enough. I had no specific idea in my head about what people meant when they said that until i got my DMPs and actually compared them.

Your idea of the DMPs not being as good of quality of the '00 Concords is fair. But when you start to say that the DMP XIs are not a great pair of XIs, that's where I disagree.

I'm curious though, what do you mean by "no annoyances"?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

^^No flame but the 2000 concords shouldn't have a wearability issue unless they were stored under extreme conditions. As far as the shape and all that not matching the OG's, correct the retro's don't match the same shape as the OG's but they still look good AND are comfortable. You just put them on and go, no annoyances. The same can't be said for the DMPs.

My homie copped a pair of '00 Concords a while ago and he experienced the sole separation issue.. it's not that the seller had stored them incorrectly. The seller wore them occasionally and kept them in the box. It's just the age of the glue and materials at this point.. and it's only getting worse. Needless to say, my friend sold them to someone who wanted to restore them and go through the trouble of all that.

And IMO, the DMPs look amazing and are comfortable as well. ESPECIALLY compared to the recent retros.. I can't stress that enough. I had no specific idea in my head about what people meant when they said that until i got my DMPs and actually compared them.

Your idea of the DMPs not being as good of quality of the '00 Concords is fair. But when you start to say that the DMP XIs are not a great pair of XIs, that's where I disagree.

nerd.gif
QFT

nerd.gif
I''ve owned quite a few 2000 concords over the years and know a significant amount of people with the 2000 issue of the concords and they never experienced any cracking, or sole separation.  Has it happened?  Yes.  Could it happen on a larger scale as the years go on?  Maybe, but its not as common as people think.  As far as annoyances, as I stated earlier, when you wear the concords the placement of the patent leather on the shoe had a design flaw.  The patent leather  was stiff and placed to far forward on the toe.  When you walk forward the the shoe tends to pull off your heel.  Whether they did this to help prevent creasing or not it was definitely an issue.  Anyhow, aside from that they really aren't comfortable.  When I purchased the 2000 release there were no issues.  They fit the way a comfortable shoe is supposed to fit and that was that, life went on.  Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to pick up the 2011 release so I don't know how they size up to one another but my money will always be on the 2000 release. 

Have you tried on the CDP "Bred XIs" ?
30t6p3b.gif

If you want to make comparisons, those came at a 310 price tag when the DMP came at a 295. Try comparing those to the DMPs and then come make a comparison.

If you kept this pack, you'll be glad you did because these are definitely still wearable. OGs and '00 retros need to be carefully worn because of age. You'll also be glad because in comparison to what we have TODAY, (Concords / Cool Greys / Spacejams) these are amazing in quality. The PL cut on the DMPs has a good noticeable height difference cut in the back on the heel of any of the recent retro XIs. You'll also be glad because this pack was the last thing of quality that came out of JB before they made their famous decline, that lead us into our crap of today.

Sure, the DMPs aren't as good of quality as the '00s. But the '00s aren't as good as the OGs. The shape is also slightly different on the '00s than on the OGs.. do we hear people bashing them about it? NO. Any shoe can be talked about like that to be honest. I don't own any '00-'01 XIs, and I have no intention on spending money now on a shoe that could split from the sole from just wearing them. If I did buy them, it would be for collection purposes and NOT to be worn, which is what a shoe is for right?

DMPs are as far back as you can go into mid top XIs that you can wear without any worry of separation at this point in time. They're still wearable, look amazing IMO, and are great quality compared to the other XIs in my closet as of right now.

My verdict?

Quality - '00 Concords > DMPs. (But the SHAPE of the shoe is NOT different)
Wearability- DMPs > '00 Concords.
Conditions in Accordance to Today- Seeing as most DMPs aren't yellowed to the point of the '00 Concords, I'd say DMP > '00 Concords.

Go ahead and flame me for it, but my opinion is my opinion.

/done&done.

Thats how you feel and I respect that but disagree completely on wearability. I don't want to turn this into a comparison thread because I have seen this discussed before numerous times on NT. As a owner of two pairs of 2000 Concords (1 of which is still DS) and 2001 Breds that I actually WEAR, the arguement that older retros or even OG XI's aren't wearable is false. Obviously you don't wear shoes like that everyday but I'm sure if you wanted to wear them once a week they will still hold up fine. There was a poster here on NT (username started with a r) who still wears his OG Concords and they are holding up fine..... I know a friend who prefers the comfort of the 2001 Breds to the OG's its a matter of preference everyone is different. DMP XI's have their pros, like the black & gold carbon fiber plate and icier soles. 2000 Concords have higher patent leather cut, more comfort, better quality leather, better shape. To each his own. 
@proballer, I still want to get my hands on a pair of DMPs, just decided that the OG colorways mean a little more to me than the black and gold. 
happy.gif

@trethousandgt Thanks man I think I definitely made the right decision, your post kind of confirmed what I already thought to be true.  

nerd.gif
I had a pair of 2000 concords that didn't have any issues with glue separation or the materials being bad. The shoes were pretty much perfect and definitely wearable.  

Originally Posted by jordan921

nerd.gif
I had a pair of 2000 concords that didn't have any issues with glue separation or the materials being bad. The shoes were pretty much perfect and definitely wearable.  
You HAD a pair? If you had been wearing them since '00 every week until today, there is a decent chance that sole separation would occur.

Everyone seems to think that I'm hating on the '00 Concords. Trust me, I love them. But destroying the appeal of the DMPs because the '00 Concords were better quality isn't fair at all.

If we're doing that, forget about the '00 Concords. It's OGs all day.
grin.gif

See my point?

Originally Posted by jordan921

nerd.gif
You HAD a pair? If you had been wearing them since '00 every week until today, there is a decent chance that sole separation would occur.

Everyone seems to think that I'm hating on the '00 Concords. Trust me, I love them. But destroying the appeal of the DMPs because the '00 Concords were better quality isn't fair at all.

If we're doing that, forget about the '00 Concords. It's OGs all day.
grin.gif

See my point?

1. I'm sure if you wore your DMP's every week until today there is a decent chance sole separation could occur too, doesn't mean anything, all shoes will eventually fall apart if you wear them enough.  

2. Definitely don't think your hating on the 00 concords (atleast not myself) but I think your over glorifying the 2006 release.  They looked good, packaging was very nice but the overall comfort and wearability of the shoe stunk.  The shoe was definitely hyped up at the time by newer collectors because of the limited availability and the expensive cost of the 2000 concord XI's at the time.  
3. It is fair.   If I have 500 dollars to spend on some concord 11's,  convince me why I should spend that money on some DMP 11's over a fresh pair of 2000 Concords with no yellowing. 
4. The reason why there isn't and wasn't really any hate on the 2000 concords was because they were done very well and finding a fresh pair of OG's is much more difficult than finding a set from 2000 (fresh OG's will always trump fresh 00 retros btw).  The same cannot be said about the DMP's.  It was the same issue with the military blue IV's.  The militaries are one of my favorite shoes ever and when they retro'd I stocked up.  I ignored the fact that the quality was ok at best, because they weren't that bad.  However, as I was wearing them I noticed that the heel tab was digging into my ankle (an issue I didn't have with any IV's before them) and I wound up getting rid of them all (to this day, I still have to remind myself of that to keep myself from hitting the "buy it now" on some eBay listings 
laugh.gif
).  

I was able to pick up the XIs 6 years after but it was worth it, to me this was the last air jordans that had good quality after it just began to slip... also does anyone know or have the dmp shirt for them ???

Sold mine almost 2 years ago... For some reason I don't regret it like I thought I would... Now that the concords dropped I'm prolly never regret it...I really didn't care for the vi's to much ....

Originally Posted by crod1986

I upset i had to sell my due to some financial crap

damn, that sucks
ohwell.gif

i want a pair of DS XI's for bad, too rich for my blood to ever spend that much. i need to get PAID
tired.gif

Wish I could find a pack for less than $600. I see most of em go for <$900 DS. I have the Concords. Just really want those VI's..

laugh.gif
it looks like all the new kids on the block just want the VIs while all the older heads know the appreciation for the XIs. 
pimp.gif

I love the VIs, don't get me wrong. But man the XIs.. nuff said.
grin.gif

The last durabuck 6
frown.gif

Actually one of the last durabuck releases in general....or is it the very last? Hmm

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

Wish I could find a pack for less than $600. I see most of em go for <$900 DS. I have the Concords. Just really want those VI's..

For the millionth time DMP 11's are not Concords....gold does not equal concord (purple)...

Back
Top Bottom