DELETE THIS PLEASE

Ban me on sight next time I make a personal thread. Too many people who've never been in these situations prejudicing along with a policeinformant/recruiter in the thread.

i can't lie if i was a cop i would act the same way just to make people mad knowing they couldn't do anything unless they wanted to go to jail.
laugh.gif

wait i'm lost

they said your brother matched a description of someone with a gun so they asked for his id.

i'm not trying to be an #!% or anything, but i don't see what the issue is

Off duty police get drunk at pubs with us where I am from
laugh.gif
.... sadwhen the people you pay to protect you end up abusing the power you have given them.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by pr1nts

i can't lie if i was a cop i would act the same way just to make people mad knowing they couldn't do anything unless they wanted to go to jail.
laugh.gif
im just gonna assume your joking.

He said his brother was clearly wearing a school uni & walkin with a group of similarly dressed bammas...
ohwell.gif
cop was clearly jus causing problems..

Did he get roughed up?

Did they just ask for ID?

If you cooperate, usually they just let you go. Unfortunately, sometimes people in the hood fit the description of someone who committed a crime. Happened tome a ton of times growing up, since I had a shaved head in High School (Football
eyes.gif
). I didn't give attitude or act like a smart *%*, so they usually let me go on my way. 5-10 minutes of your time is no big deal. However, Ido understand that some cops OD on people,
smh.gif

My brother isn't afraid or anything but that %$+# infuriates me along with my parents. The school dean is getting the info from the precinct to give to my parents so that they can find out what happened and what cops were involved if possible (police in my family as well). %$+# like this just gives me more motivation to get accepted to law school and do what I can to make a difference.
What difference will you make?

Lawyers are not Mother Teresa, and most good lawyers know the rules of the game and they play it well.

Mentalities change when you are playing by a different set of rules.

Ok first of all

The guy who said an abuse of power is drinking OFFDUTY at a bar is a moron.

second, I dont see anything that was done wrong. If anything your friends/relatives got off easy. If they fit a description they fit a description but Im surethe cops were just making it up because they want to harrass some minorities right?! I wont lie that scumbag cops exist but from this story they did nothingwrong except that anyone matching the description should have been on the ground at gun point because guess what.....sometimes the person matching thedescription pulls a gun out of his waist and starts shooting at you.

So now instad of being happy you have npeople out there to protect you you are going to try and jam up some guys life/career because you were a littleinconvenienced. If you looked out your window and saw a guy with a gun on your front porch trying to get in and the cops came and handled that guy Im sure youwouldnt be too upset.

Enough with the ignorance please?! I know for a fact a lot of cops think about how it would be to be in the victim/perps shoes so think about being in a cops.

Racial Profiling ftl
laugh.gif

NYPD are scum that ruin lives.
I don't live in NY. Cops get a lot of flak for doing their job, while thugs are glorified in some cases. Shameful.

I'm thinking of joining the LAPD or the LASD.

Enough with the ignorance please?! I know for a fact a lot of cops think about how it would be to be in the victim/perps shoes so think about being in a cops.
Sadly, a lot of people are ignorant. The irony lies in the fact that they feel that cops generalize people, all while they generalizecops...
laugh.gif

I still don't understand why the OP was infuriated. If his brother got roughed up, it is understandable, but if he just got questioned then it is not.

I don't live in NY. Cops get a lot of flak for doing their job, while thugs are glorified in some cases. Shameful.

Same here.

You guys are beyond ignorant if you think those cops were actually telling the truth. They just wanted to randomly harass minorities probably hoping they hadwarrants or something. Cops make ignorant assumptions all the time. I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over in a $50k + whip just becauseim young and black.

How can you talk about things with such passion....that you know absolutely nothing about?

A large percentage of the NYPD are racist thugs.

This type of thing has happened to me so many times I have lost count. Its never about fitting the description...its always about a fratboy pig getting hisrocks off on a helpless resident.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Racial Profiling ftl
laugh.gif

Sadly, a lot of people are ignorant. The irony lies in the fact that they feel that cops generalize people, all while they generalize cops...
laugh.gif

I still don't understand why the OP was infuriated. If his brother got roughed up, it is understandable, but if he just got questioned then it is not.

If no one came to their defense they probably would have been sent to central booking that day. They were being harassed. They were stoppedliterally right across the street from their school. My brother has no history of trouble with the police and my dad has a close eye on him due to him stillhaving affiliations in the neighborhood at Rice High and with the locals.

booked for 3 pages on my own block for just walking down the street back in february.
im more paranoid about police then i am anything, honestly.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

I can't say everyone who is a police is a bad guy, but 80% of the NYPD can rot in hell.

There are some cool officers that are just trying to make a living but that number is few and far between. People who joint the Police force usually have apre-determined motive for joining the force...there are so many safer and better paying jobs.

I have been told by numerous officers that for virtually every officer on the force....its about the thrill, the power and the authority at the end of the day.Even those who may have had some noble intentions of community improvement lose that after a brief stint on the job...thats just not role of major city policeforces anymore (if it ever was).

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Glad you want to do something positive and not some type of reckless retaliation...Cops always messing with someone
smh.gif

so glad to hear you're trying to do good not just do more bs

Back
Top Bottom