DELETE THIS PLEASE

Originally Posted by I Skate Nikes

booked for 3 pages on my own block for just walking down the street back in february.
im more paranoid about police then i am anything, honestly.

They criminalize the youth from a young age and reinforce despair on the daily.

Every black male I know has a constant paranoia about being violated in one way or another by the police.

Rells brother's perspective on life probably just changed instantly.

Originally Posted by nypd8708

Ok first of all

The guy who said an abuse of power is drinking OFFDUTY at a bar is a moron.

second, I dont see anything that was done wrong. If anything your friends/relatives got off easy. If they fit a description they fit a description but Im sure the cops were just making it up because they want to harrass some minorities right?! I wont lie that scumbag cops exist but from this story they did nothing wrong except that anyone matching the description should have been on the ground at gun point because guess what.....sometimes the person matching the description pulls a gun out of his waist and starts shooting at you.

So now instad of being happy you have npeople out there to protect you you are going to try and jam up some guys life/career because you were a little inconvenienced. If you looked out your window and saw a guy with a gun on your front porch trying to get in and the cops came and handled that guy Im sure you wouldnt be too upset.

Enough with the ignorance please?! I know for a fact a lot of cops think about how it would be to be in the victim/perps shoes so think about being in a cops.
for every good cop there are 8 bad ones...when it comes to dealing w/ one if you're a minority.......

now white people on the other hand have it good....

now white people on the other hand have it good....

grin.gif

I gotten pulled over more then enough times for being white.

White cops dont treat white people any better.

If your not in a white neighborhood, they think your selling or buying drugs.

I cant even drive around in Woodhaven (where I lived for 15 yrs ) without a cop pulling me over.

They literally ask, what are you doing here?

My cousins get pulled over DAILY for being white over there.

Detectives and Anti-Crime cops are worse then anything though.

I really don't see the big deal Rell. They asked for ID and started to bust balls to see if anything would pop off.

There are *+$ hole cops everywhere.

I had 2 cops walk into my house because they said that some guy who got caught doing some !*%% said that the person that his friend was in on it too and it wasour car or some crazy !*%%. Our car doesn't even #@#*%%$ drive and hadn't been driven for months. These ****heads walked straioght through to my roomin the back of my house and asked me if I knew some dude and if I had been there all night. Then after they just give us that I'm sorry and left afterbeing rude as !$$@. AT least our door had been unlocked so they didn't break that !*%% down. All they did was walk straight in when we didn't hear thedoor

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Honestly, it just sounds like he fit a description and they stopped him.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't understand why you always come into these threads.

Its like me going into a skateboarding thread and giving my perspective....You live deep in the burbs and look like a real life South Park character...whatkind of valuable perspective oculd you really bring to this discussion?

whyte1der is right though...its not purely about race but there are certain zones in cities that are like anything goes districts when it comes to officers andits not reflective of the crime rate or potential action...its that the residents are poor, not politically active for the most part and they will get a passfor doing whatever they want because of where they are. As soon as a pig crosses the bridge from Manhattan into the Bronx their perspective changes...they arenow the king of that domain and have to make at least 1 or 2 +$!@@@! moves before going home satisfied for the night.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

You live deep in the burbs and look like a real life South Park character...what kind of valuable perspective oculd you really bring to this discussion?
Well, who can argue with these great facts you've presented to us. Attacking people is always better than attack ideas, right?

eek.gif
roll.gif

I live deep in the burbs? I'm from Queens.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I didn't even read the rest of your comment because the first part was so outlandish I had to pause. But I'll just basically cosign what 49ers said.

Originally Posted by 49ers650

You live deep in the burbs and look like a real life South Park character...what kind of valuable perspective oculd you really bring to this discussion?
Well, who can argue with these great facts you've presented to us. Attacking people is always better than attack ideas, right?

I can understand dude's unwillingness to hear anything from people like this though, they make it seem as if everything was by the book, no big deal, whenthis #+%@ happens to us all the damn time. We see this #+%@ with our eyes, we endure ourselsves, don't give that %!$+*@%$ and try to belittle the nextmans experience when you've never experienced it yourself. Police misuse of power is real.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

I can understand dude's unwillingness to hear anything from people like this though, they make it seem as if everything was by the book, no big deal, when this #+%@ happens to us all the damn time. We see this #+%@ with our eyes, we endure ourselsves, don't give that %!$+*@%$ and try to belittle the next mans experience when you've never experienced it yourself. Police misuse of power is real.
I see what you're saying but in this particular case it doesn't seem like it was much more than a cop breaking balls. Now if they puthands on Rell's bro or first him to hand over his bookbag or something, then I'd be shaking my head and stonefacing as well.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I really don't see the big deal Rell. They asked for ID and started to bust balls to see if anything would pop off.
Has it ever happened to you?

With a response like that I seriously doubt it. Its always two totally different perspectives in these discussions...People who have lived it and are adamantabout what they have experienced throughout their lives and people who have no experience with certain situations, criticizing those perspectives.

11/12 DeTecs pull along side me and my boy walking down the block. bouncing a baketball in ball shorts..."pull up your shirt..you boys packing? I know howyou brothers do...probably got a lil /38 tucked under there...thats your favorite right?..." laughing hysterically with his partner in the car.

14/15...I get arrestted dragged down the block, knees worn out on my jeans from dragging for standing in front of a McDonalds and eating a burger...For asking"whats up?" I got hemmed, thrown in a wagon, spent the night at the precint and charged with blocking pedestrian traffick. This is while a wholegroup of Emo ravers were doing the same thing, playing hacksack and sitting on the floor Indian style...shaking their head at me, while I got booked.

16/17....first offiec job dressed to the tee. Kenneth Coles, slacks, blazer and button up on the court talking to friends....a whole court of working, lawabiding black men..chilling low key, playing ball and unwinding from work...two %@$%%*! pigs come in the court grinning talking about "one of us fit adescription". Stop the game..everyone is serched, pockets turned inside out, bags emptied and harrased..."ok guys..back to your game".....Leavelaughing...How do 12 people fit a description, for a crime that never happened.

Last year....Chilling on the train after a day of work and school...just standing up against the door, listening to music..the train pulls into the station and6/7 officers flood the platform and stop the train...2 of them run up to window of my cart and point at me with a pistol and a nightstick...motioning me to getoff the train....I don't move partly because Im not about to get killed and also the door was still closed...they rush the train and start grabbing me withglock pointed...the other people on the train had to get up and start sreaming and getting in front of them to let them know I rode all the way from the cityand haven't done aything.

These are just a select few incidences in my life and im a laid back, relatively middle class, light skinned cat. Its rarely ever about the description...whenit is you can tell...as scared as pigs are..they don't come sauntering into crowded places, laughing and joking with weapons holstered, if they reallythink that a dangerous suspect may be armed in that crowd.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

I can understand dude's unwillingness to hear anything from people like this though, they make it seem as if everything was by the book, no big deal, when this #+%@ happens to us all the damn time. We see this #+%@ with our eyes, we endure ourselsves, don't give that %!$+*@%$ and try to belittle the next mans experience when you've never experienced it yourself. Police misuse of power is real.
See, here's where you guys get confused. Not ONCE did I say that police officers don't abuse their power. Of course they do, many join theforce just for this sick privilege and it's despicable. However in this specific case, it really sounds like they stopped him and his friends because theyfit a description.

Please don't act like white people are never harassed by the police, countless times when I was in High School I was searched for no other reason thanbeing in a park. They told me to open my bag and I cooperated. Cooperation is key, it isn't going to hurt me to give 5 minutes of my time if they areactually looking for someone, but who are we to judge if they are or not? How do you know? Of course the "We'll see you again Mr. ___" was a@+%$++*!* thing to say from the cop.

ABH, obviously the instances you just described are MAJOR offenses, and no one can deny that. It's ridiculous and I'm sorry you had to deal with all ofthat. In fact the same instance on a basketball court happened to me, only we weren't in suits. We were just kids. There are some awful human beings outthere and it really is sad.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Has it ever happened to you?

With a response like that I seriously doubt it. Its always two totally different perspectives in these discussions...People who have lived it and are adamant about what they have experienced throughout their lives and people who have no experience with certain situations, criticizing those perspectives.

11/12 DeTecs pull along side me and my boy walking down the block. bouncing a baketball in ball shorts..."pull up your shirt..you boys packing? I know how you brothers do...probably got a lil /38 tucked under there...thats your favorite right?..." laughing hysterically with his partner in the car.

14/15...I get arrestted dragged down the block, knees worn out on my jeans from dragging for standing in front of a McDonalds and eating a burger...For asking "whats up?" I got hemmed, thrown in a wagon, spent the night at the precint and charged with blocking pedestrian traffick. This is while a whole group of Emo ravers were doing the same thing, playing hacksack and sitting on the floor Indian style...shaking their head at me, while I got booked.

16/17....first offiec job dressed to the tee. Kenneth Coles, slacks, blazer and button up on the court talking to friends....a whole court of working, law abiding black men..chilling low key, playing ball and unwinding from work...two %@$%%*! pigs come in the court grinning talking about "one of us fit a description". Stop the game..everyone is serched, pockets turned inside out, bags emptied and harrased..."ok guys..back to your game".....Leave laughing...How do 12 people fit a description, for a crime that never happened.

Last year....Chilling on the train after a day of work and school...just standing up against the door, listening to music..the train pulls into the station and 6/7 officers flood the platform and stop the train...2 of them run up to window of my cart and point at me with a pistol and a nightstick...motioning me to get off the train....I don't move partly because Im not about to get killed and also the door was still closed...they rush the train and start grabbing me with glock pointed...the other people on the train had to get up and start sreaming and getting in front of them to let them know I rode all the way from the city and haven't done aything.

These are just a select few incidences in my life and im a laid back, relatively middle class, light skinned cat. Its rarely ever about the description...when it is you can tell...as scared as pigs are..they don't come sauntering into crowded places, laughing and joking with weapons holstered, if they really think that a dangerous suspect may be armed in that crowd.
I've had my balls broken and almost been arrested twice, but nothing to the level of your experiences.
What the cops did to you was wrong, but compare it to Rell's brother. They legitimately harassed you. Unless Rell left some details out, it doesn'tsound like they did anything more than breaking balls and being typical prick cops.

Sadly these type of experiences are too frequent in our communities...thats why we express this type of sentiment.

Its one of the most frustrating things about being Black in America.

Cops in general are pricks but some may get unfairly criticized for doing a difficult job...unfortunately the way that the job is structured and operated...itdraws in and fosters a lot of scumbags that make it harder for the few good cops that are doing a job.

White people feel the brunt of these power hungry pigs as well....but if you have gotten searched a few times and you're white...just imagine theexperiences of your black peer in a lower income neighborhood...its ridiculous.

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by pr1nts

i can't lie if i was a cop i would act the same way just to make people mad knowing they couldn't do anything unless they wanted to go to jail.
laugh.gif
im just gonna assume your joking.
hopefully he is....
smh.gif

How can you talk about things with such passion....that you know absolutely nothing about?

A large percentage of the NYPD are racist thugs.

This type of thing has happened to me so many times I have lost count. Its never about fitting the description...its always about a fratboy pig getting his rocks off on a helpless resident.

Qft. %%*$ always happens to me....cops did my like that 2 weeks ago....made me miss my bus and everything, I asked to see the description and when he showed methe guy was dark skinned with small dreads. I'm like dude my hair is damn near down my back and I'm light skinned

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Now I see why the NYPD has such a bad reputation in the black and hispanic communities in the five boroughs. My mom just called me and told me what happened to my brother yesterday as he left school. He was still in his school uniform along with his friend when they were stopped by five detectives in unmarked cars. They had just got out of school less than five minutes before the incident happened. The cops (2 black, 2 white, 1 asian) said that they "fit the description" of someone with a gun and that if they didn't give them their ID they would make it hard for them. It wasn't until a crowd of bystanders near Jimbo's Burgers (?) in Harlem, said to the cops that they had just got of school that the cops backed off of them and said we'll see you again Mr.__. My brother isn't afraid or anything but that %$+# infuriates me along with my parents. The school dean is getting the info from the precinct to give to my parents so that they can find out what happened and what cops were involved if possible (police in my family as well). %$+# like this just gives me more motivation to get accepted to law school and do what I can to make a difference.

kleenex.jpg

NYPD must save super vision. A couple summers ago there were about 15 people playing ball. There are two courts so the majority of the people playing wereyoung kids on the other court closer to the street. So there are these benches right on the sides of the basketball court (which is farthest from the street)and out of no where two 5-0's drive through the court on motorcycles (those vespa things) and confront my brother who was sitting next to me. They claimedthey saw him drop something. It's impossible to see him drop anything from the street because there are trees surrounding the court and if he was reallysmoking weed, they would of found residue or smelled weed. I stood up for him and then they said "oh oh umm why are you sitting then?" I replied wewere just playing and we are waiting for the next game. They drove off after.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Racial Profiling ftl
laugh.gif

NYPD are scum that ruin lives.
I don't live in NY. Cops get a lot of flak for doing their job, while thugs are glorified in some cases. Shameful.

I'm thinking of joining the LAPD or the LASD.

Enough with the ignorance please?! I know for a fact a lot of cops think about how it would be to be in the victim/perps shoes so think about being in a cops.
Sadly, a lot of people are ignorant. The irony lies in the fact that they feel that cops generalize people, all while they generalize cops...
laugh.gif

I still don't understand why the OP was infuriated. If his brother got roughed up, it is understandable, but if he just got questioned then it is not.

If no one came to their defense they probably would have been sent to central booking that day. They were being harassed. They were stopped literally right across the street from their school. My brother has no history of trouble with the police and my dad has a close eye on him due to him still having affiliations in the neighborhood at Rice High and with the locals.

ooooo okay i guess the cops were able to tell that just by looking at them right? and last time i cheked you dont let people go just because people startmaking a scene. i like the stats too...1 good for every 8?! but it would be wong if a cop said thee is 1 good person out of evey 8 (insert race here).whatever no point to argue with ignorant close minded people.

Originally Posted by nypd8708

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Racial Profiling ftl
laugh.gif

NYPD are scum that ruin lives.
I don't live in NY. Cops get a lot of flak for doing their job, while thugs are glorified in some cases. Shameful.

I'm thinking of joining the LAPD or the LASD.

Sadly, a lot of people are ignorant. The irony lies in the fact that they feel that cops generalize people, all while they generalize cops...
laugh.gif

I still don't understand why the OP was infuriated. If his brother got roughed up, it is understandable, but if he just got questioned then it is not.

If no one came to their defense they probably would have been sent to central booking that day. They were being harassed. They were stopped literally right across the street from their school. My brother has no history of trouble with the police and my dad has a close eye on him due to him still having affiliations in the neighborhood at Rice High and with the locals.

ooooo okay i guess the cops were able to tell that just by looking at them right? and last time i cheked you dont let people go just because people start making a scene.

Officer Anonymous:

Given the NYPD's history of insolence in the late-20th century alone, you would do well to stop harassing members of our forum and posting here altogether. Your last attempt at rallying a rag-tag team of informants failed worse than the tepid antics of Samuel Turner. Go to Brownsville and get lost, already. Orgo investigate how you can bring down Steve at I-S-S... Whatever it is you do. It's almost midnight in NYC and you're online with a bunch of collegestudents and high school kids. My heart bleeds for you.

Back
Top Bottom