Delete

He looks toasted. Good Interview Even though his info is off. But thats what makes it a good interview.

Leak me pics of the dunks
pimp.gif

^ Dude does look toasted, i was gonna say the same thing...

Originally Posted by Zoom Air Panda

can someone tell me what the Heaven's Gate is?

it's a sci-fi religious cult.... they were a bunch of weird star trek geeks. i think it was in like 96 or 97, they all commited a mass suicide cuz theythought they were going to go on some spaceship to a better world. but the connection with Nike was that they all wore black Nike sneakers when they died. iremember news crews went into their mansion and found like 60 dead bodies, all wearing black nike sneakers. it was kind of creepy.....

Sup_

[h1]Heaven's Gate (religious group)[/h1][h3]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/h3]
(Redirected from Heaven's Gate (cult))

Jump to: navigation, search

The logo used by the Heaven's Gate group

Heaven's Gate was the name of an American religious group led by Marshall Applewhite and Bonnie Nettles. Thegroup's end coincided with the appearance of Comet Hale-Bopp in 1997.Applewhite convinced thirty-eight followers to commit suicide so that their souls could take a ride on a spaceship that they believed was hiding behind the cometcarrying Jesus. Such beliefs have led some observers to characterize the group as a type of "UFO religion."[sup][1][/sup] They believed that the planet Earth was about to be recycled (wiped clean, refurbished and rejuvenated), and that the only chance to survivewas to leave it immediately.[sup][2][/sup]The group was formally against suicide, but they defined "suicide" to mean "to turn against the Next Level when it is beingoffered."[sup][3][/sup] They wereconvinced that their "human" bodies were only "vehicles" meant to help them on their journey.

The group believed in several paths for a person to leave the Earth and survive before the "recycling", one of which was hating this worldstrongly enough: "It is also possible that part of our test of faith is our hating this world, even our flesh body, to the extent to be willing toleave it without any proof of the Next Level's existence".
148698440_f2915e5903_o.jpg

news-suicide.jpg

heavensgateapple.jpg

Peace.

Man...that sucks...

Hate to be of bad taste but...the Nike's on dead dudes feet are dope

Taken from Hypebeast . . .

They're decent looking I suppose. A little weird to base a sneaker off of in myopinion.

I must say - initially I was taken aback that Nike would capitalize on some wack job brainwashing so many people & convincing them to kill themselves. Iknow they were all wearing Cortezs when they checked out, but still -- why would Nike want to associate their brand with something so reviling?

But, I must say, the Dunk looks nice! LOL

dunks look good... combination of nubuck and leathe rit appears.... the subject matter still creeps me out though....

Back
Top Bottom