delete

^ Ewing and Mourning would like to see you in their Georgetown office.

Shaq keeps saying '1996' over and over again.

^ It really does, actually.

I don't personally care, but for the '89 Pistons vs. '11 Heat series, I want all '89 refs.
laugh.gif

Rest of the series, I don't care.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Ewing and Mourning would like to see you in their Georgetown office.

Shaq keeps saying '1996' over and over again.
'01 Shaq is the most dominant EVER! Please do not compare him to Ewing or Mourning. Ewing had his moments and dominated games but not an entire season or playoff run. And when he had his time to shine he chose to use the finger-roll....feel bad for him though, he had a bum knee or else it would've been a dunk. Mourning was a beast defensively but cmon, we talkin bout Shaq, wait wait wait, we talkin bout Shaq...Shaq?...SHAQ? We talkin about Shaq? [AI] (had to throw in some Georgetown flavor myself)

I would give my left nut to see '96 Bulls vs. '01 Lakers. I could hear Marv Albert, Bob Costas, Bill Walton, Steve Snapper Jones, Ahmad Rashad and Hannah storm right now....roar of the crowd during warm ups....then suddenly and intense intro featuring the battles they have had before...then my man John Tesh with is jam "Dana nana na na nana, dana na na nana nana na nana na!"

^ You said the Bulls never faced a dominant center.

They regularly faced Ewing, beat Mourning like 3 times in the playoffs, and beat Shaq in the 96 ECF.

I think you have to put teams that went back to back.
I mean theres a reason they won 2 in a row.

babyface34:
The '89 Pistons would physically, emotionally, and mentally destroy the '11 Heat. I'd swap them with the '06 Heat.
I just now noticed this is first round series.
laugh.gif
I would pay an exorbitant amount of money to see this series, which would end in a forfeit. The Pistons would come out for Gm. 4, up 3-0, and the Heat would never take the floor.
laugh.gif

To see the Heat reactions to all the physical play would be worth money alone
laugh.gif

^ You said the Bulls never faced a dominant center.

They regularly faced Ewing, beat Mourning like 3 times in the playoffs, and beat Shaq in the 96 ECF.

2001 Shaq>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ewing, Mourning, 1996 Shaq

^ Dammit, I hate going back and forth with people who don't get simple *#%$.

Yes, '01 Shaq > Ewing, Mourning, '96 Shaq.

If he originally said "The Bulls never faced '01 Shaq," then I'd have been quiet.

He didn't say that.

He said 'The Bulls never faced any dominant centers.'

That's false. I've showed it. They beat Ewing a bunch of times, Mourning 3 times, and Shaq in the ECF in '96. If memory serves me correctly, Shaq was a baaaaaad man in '96, and the reason I remember it is because I remember the huge "Fuuuuuuuuuuuu" I heard by the basketball world when he came to the Lakers.

They didn't beat '01 Shaq, but they did beat dominant centers.

Simple.

If the '96 Bulls played the '01 Lakers, the Lakers would win because the Bulls would have nothing to guard Shaq but the Lakers would have Shaq's presence in the paint to help against Jordan and Pippen.

In 1996 Rodman guarded Shaq very well but by 2001 Shaq was much more polished and was able to use his superior size, strength and agility much more effectively. Also, the touch on his shot and his passing ability were much better in 2001. I think that Shaq that would put Rodman in foul trouble and then when the Bulls had to put scrub on him, he would demand double teams and that 2001 Laker team hit their open threes. I think that Jordan and Pippen would guard Kobe well but Kobe would not be shutdown, he was pretty disciplined in the 2001 playoffs and would be selective about his shots.

On the otherhand, Shaq would be roaming the paint and he would let Rick Fox and Robert Horry and Derek Fisher guard MJ and Pippen aggresively.

This would be long series only because MJ in 1996 could get 40 points from his midrange game, they rebound well as a team and they rotate well on defense. However, an anability to get shots near the rim on their part and the fact that Shaq would draw doubles (and in some cases get some deep post position, he would be dunking it before the double could get there) would doom the Bulls.

when speaking about teams can ppl please remember the overlap in careers for some of these guys..

for example, divac was an integral part of those kings teams of the early '00s (in his mid 30s)

robinson was starting center for duncan's first 2 championships (99 and 03)

and please remember that jordan was still able to average 22.9 pts and 22 pts at 38 and 39 years old in the 01-02 and 02-03 seasons

but i do agree that it would come down to the 01 lakers and 96 bulls.. i think the lakers road would kill them in that side of the bracket (86 celtics, 09 lakers and whoever they meet in semi-final)

2001 Lakers vs. 1996 Bulls

at Fisher shutting down Harper.
at Kukoc only getting 4 minutes.
at Dickey Simpkins, Jud Buechler, Bill Wennington, Randy Brown, and James Edwards getting more than twice the burn Toni did.

I think a lot of you are really underestimating how effective Luc Longley was. Superstar? No. Superstar potential? Not even. But in his time with the Bulls he was pretty efficient in the open floor, he had a lot of clean up plays also. Could knock down the free throw and baseline jumpers consistently. Shaq for his career was terrible at defending anywhere beyond the low post, and the Chicago Triangle offense ran from the point-free throw line-wing perimeter, meaning Shaq would have to defend beyond the low post. If he doesn't wanna step out, BANG! Longley would hit those jumpers like warmups. I'm not saying he'd have 25+ points by any means, but he'd for sure have more than 7 with Shaq's lazy defense.

And Fisher would never in his life be able to shut down Ron Harper. Ever. Do any of you even remember how good Ron Harper was? Don't let his 2nd half career stats fool you, he took on lesser roles and sacrificed stardom for championships.

And Fisher would never in his life be able to shut down Ron Harper. Ever. Do any of you even remember how good Ron Harper was? Don't let his 2nd half career stats fool you, he took on lesser roles and sacrificed stardom for championships.

didn't Harper start for the 2001 lakers team? odd matchup
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom