Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But Ska, its Kobe, 3 injured HOFs, and a bunch of scrubs.

I mean, this team would probably need a 4th quarter comeback to beat those old YOLO Kobe teams. :x

Maybe I'm trippin cuz its early, but damn.

edit: I know its early cuz I don't even know why I felt the need to post this :lol:

Stuff rollin thru my head lately.

Our luck well, seems to be drying up. Maybe 50 years of luck gets us here.

2011. Comin off 3 Finals runs, on fumes for sure, but luck into getting a one man team in the first round. Hornets. The 1 seed gets knocked off, surely aligning for us. We now have HC for the Mavs who have done nothing but fail their whole lives. Kobe has no knee, and a blown ankle. We give up like a 17 point second half lead, and an 8 point 4th Q lead in Dallas in game 3. Our legs are done, we have nothing in the tank, luck runs dry.

2012. We get CP3. Dwight right behind him. We're back, rebuilt, young, watch out NBA. Taken away from us. Basketball reasons.
Give it a go, make a nice deal for Sessions, but it's not there for us.

2013. Get Nash for nothing. Get Dwight for a knee blow any second Bynum. Meeks for cheap. Jamison for nothing. And then this, whatever this is. Bad luck, dumb luck, whatever.

Things always work out for us somehow. Hell, we traded Shaq for LO, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant, and were back in the finals within 3 years. NOBODY can pull that off. And we did. We lost Magic to a horrible fate at 31. In 5 years we had Shaq and Kobe joining an already solid young, playoff core. Who else could pull that off?

We have a ton of faith set up in the 2014 offseason. Usually I would hibernate knowin we'll be very fortunate, and well taken care of. Now? Hell, I don't know. :\

D'Antoni's just a bad fit for an aging veteran team or any team in general. A coach employing a more defensive oriented scheme or a more methodical, even plodding offense would have better luck with this current Lakers team. They just don't have the legs to run and gun but they have a wealth of experience and honed skills.

Save the :pimp: tho, you know we'll get it straight at some point. Be it this year or next, it'll happen.

I just dont understand how a 2011 team with Bynum, Blake, Mike Brown and No bench is better than this 2012 team with Nash, Dwight D'antoni :rolleyes and a decent bench which actually puts up points.....

2011. Comin off 3 Finals runs, on fumes for sure, but luck into getting a one man team in the first round. Hornets. The 1 seed gets knocked off, surely aligning for us. We now have HC for the Mavs who have done nothing but fail their whole lives. Kobe has no knee, and a blown ankle. We give up like a 17 point second half lead, and an 8 point 4th Q lead in Dallas in game 3. Our legs are done, we have nothing in the tank, luck runs dry.

2012. We get CP3. Dwight right behind him. We're back, rebuilt, young, watch out NBA. Taken away from us. Basketball reasons.

2013. Get Nash for nothing. Get Dwight for a knee blow any second Bynum. Meeks for cheap. Jamison for nothing. And then this, whatever this is. Bad luck, dumb luck, whatever.

Things always work out for us somehow. Hell, we traded Shaq for LO, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant, and were back in the finals within 3 years. NOBODY can pull that off. And we did. We lost Magic to a horrible fate at 31. In 5 years we had Shaq and Kobe joining an already solid young, playoff core. Who else could pull that off?

We have a ton of faith set up in the 2014 offseason. Usually I would hibernate knowin we'll be very fortunate, and well taken care of. Now? Hell, I don't know. :\

They're just as responsible for championships as they are this "sky is falling" hysteria.

They're just as responsible for championships as they are this "sky is falling" hysteria.
True to an extent, but they let the guy go who is REALLY responsible for the championships, AND they also let there egos and 80s flashbacks play the role of picking there head coach. It's quite obvious these morons have lost touch, and don't know what the hell to do with the team.

Last edited:
Correct. Well, he's shooting a decent percentage but I get your point. Bottom line is that we have only missed the playoffs 4 or 5 times in our entire existence, and if we miss them this year, that will be the second time we've missed playoffs and Kobe was our main guy. First time was Kobe and some scrubs, this time would be Kobe and 2 or 3 HOFers. (Pau is withering, and Nash/D12 are new; Kobe is 'the man').

If by decent you mean his best shooting % of his career, then I suppose thats decent.

Honestly, no idea what the problem is, but you can't just blame Kobe, but most people will since hes the #1 option, so it makes sense. But it depends on what boat you are in. If people don't give Kobe all the credit when the team is winning, then they can't give all the blame when they're losing, too.

Dudes on ESPN Radio a few days ago were saying if the Lakers never recover and the Clippers never look back that the ESPN 30 for 30 will be insanely good to watch. "Basketball Reasons" as being the turning point for both francises.

[quote name="presequel"]If people don't give Kobe all the credit when the team is winning, then they can't give all the blame when they're losing, too.[/quote]This is the Lakers thread, so let me be quiet. Both teams played hard.

The lakers might be bad for 2 years. Oh woe is me. You guys will always get stars to come. Period. Unless Jim goes into full Dolan mode for 10 years you will be just fine. I refuse to think that the lakers are gonna just gonna fall off the earth for a decade. I just don't see it happening.

Boston has to deal with cold weather and the perception that it's a racist town. The other storied franchise doesn't have that to deal with so what all of a sudden the clippers are the lakers? Yeah sure

Last edited:
Where'd....? *lifts up keyboard*

Something's missing....... :lol:

Yuku back or something? What the hell happened?

Last edited:
Have you not been paying attention over the years? Almost anytime I delete a post, I usually also delete all posts that quoted that post.

We have a ton of faith set up in the 2014 offseason. Usually I would hibernate knowin we'll be very fortunate, and well taken care of. Now? Hell, I don't know.
ohwell.gif
People forget the Black Mamba's on our squad and always doubt this team. For a time, we were starting our third string PGs with the absence of Nash & Blake, and we're JUST getting back to full strength. L.A.'s still going to make the playoffs, and this recent game against the Clippers makes me believe we solely have to get to the playoffs to have a fighting chance at the title. I think a Blake, Meeks, Jamison, Hill, and Sacre bench will soon develop as one of the best in the league. Remember what Boston had to do to reach the playoffs a couple years ago? The Lakers could do exactly the same.

Should've expanded a bit more. I think Hill & Sacre will be carrying that unit on the floor, and I say that because I liked what Sacre did for us last night. Hill's & his energy output will be hard to match.

Portland and The Wolves Schedule gets tough without Love.

Gasol has one last chance to prove himself. I expect him back for the OKC game.

This is the Lakers thread, so let me be quiet. Both teams played hard.

lol. I'm not a Kobe apologist, and I didn't disagree with what you said. It was a general statement. As fans we love to give credit to one person (Jordan) instead of an entire unit. This team playing bad as currently constructed could be for a number of reasons, starting with the coaches.

Today...TODAY WE START one of the greatest comeback stories of all time!

Our Big 4 is going to comeback, PAU, DWIGHT, HILL, and BLAKE and bring us back to the glory land...

LETS GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom