Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day 1 Purchase:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...usive-cover-reveal-for-phil-jacksons-new-book

Can't wait to hear what he has to say

Hear we go again. :lol:

That 09 ring serious :pimp:

[quote name="CP"]#Options[/quote]Ok, totally w/ you. Thought you had been fixated on just Bron this whole time.

As far as saying Wade will be older, and thus less attractive as a teammate, I think what you're talking about right there depends on how the roster looks when that time comes. if Miami does what Cleveland didn't do, then LeBron won't do what he did to Cleveland.

[quote name="CP"]#Options
Ok, totally w/ you. Thought you had been fixated on just Bron this whole time.

As far as saying Wade will be older, and thus less attractive as a teammate, I think what you're talking about right there depends on how the roster looks when that time comes. if Miami does what Cleveland didn't do, then LeBron won't do what he did to Cleveland.[/quote]

If Bron, Wade, and Bosh all opt in, those 3 = 61 million just that one season. They need 9 more bodies at that point and would be payin serious coin in terms of luxury tax and such. Good problem to have if they are champs and all, but if they get dethroned, it becomes problematic. Especially if Wade has slippage by that point. And again, that's not yesterday's Wade, that's 200 more games Wade. :wink:

[quote name="CP"] Good problem to have if they are champs and all, but if they get dethroned, it becomes problematic. [/quote] Pretty much, yep. They win again, this year or next, that's 2 chips. Very nice to potential suitors. They don't, and potential suitors recall the Pistons, or more recently, the Mavs.

Last edited:
am i the only one that is upset that dwight is wanting to play the allstar game? he's complaining about pain and everything now, yet he still wants to play in the allstar game, what is basically a meaningless and guard oriented game.. and this shows his priorities to me.. he rather play the allstar game, where he knows he can get hurt.. than just sit out, and rest an additional 3 days..

what i also wonder is, kobe had the bloodplasma/platelet rich procedure done on his knee, why cant dwight do that on his shoulder? it is a torn labrum, so it is tissue that is damaged, with the white bloodcells injected in his shoulder, his recovery should speed up.. why doesnt he do that?

am i the only one that is upset that dwight is wanting to play the allstar game? he's complaining about pain and everything now, yet he still wants to play in the allstar game, what is basically a meaningless and guard oriented game.. and this shows his priorities to me.. he rather play the allstar game, where he knows he can get hurt.. than just sit out, and rest an additional 3 days..

what i also wonder is, kobe had the bloodplasma/platelet rich procedure done on his knee, why cant dwight do that on his shoulder? it is a torn labrum, so it is tissue that is damaged, with the white bloodcells injected in his shoulder, his recovery should speed up.. why doesnt he do that?

It's not approved in the US.

It's not approved in the US.

okay, well then get your damn priorities straight and go to germany instead of being mr popularity wanting to play in the all star game.. because it shows now, that he puts himself first rather than thinking of the lakers. dwight is already thinking of next season.. whether it is with the lakers or not, he doesnt give a f*ck.. otherwise he would not play in the allstar game and be smart about it and put his team first.

the lakers play their last game on valentinesday and play the next on the 20th against boston.. he should just hop on the plane, go to germany get it done and rest for 5 days.. why put yourself through a meaninless allstar game, when we all know he would not win mvp... then instead of having 6 days off, you have only 3...

Last edited:
because if he does he probably wont be able to play the rest of the season because it has to heal.

as nash said in that one interview everyone needs to do whats best for the team. if kobe and nash who have had much better careers than nash can follow this i dont understand why dwight cant stop bein selfish and follow suit

because if he does he probably wont be able to play the rest of the season because it has to heal.

as nash said in that one interview everyone needs to do whats best for the team. if kobe and nash who have had much better careers than nash can follow this i dont understand why dwight cant stop bein selfish and follow suit

http://www.treatingpain.com/diagnosis-and-treatments/platelet-rich-plasma.html

if he can play now with pain, while it heals he can easily play. and having 5 to 6 days or rest will definitely help out a little bit

Yeah.... You don't think you're asking a little too much...

Why doesn't he fly to Germany....

Only way to fix a torn labrum is through surgery..

Last edited:
Yeah.... You don't think you're asking a little too much...

Why doesn't he fly to Germany....

Only way to fix a torn labrum is through surgery..

no it's not.. especially since it is not completely torn. if it is not completely torn, he can easily get the platelet rich plasma procedure done and start healing while he rests a few days... besides you can get to germany within 12 hours. why not try to get it done, when you have almost an entire week off? who cares about the allstar game?

I hope I'm not the only one that has a problem w/ Dwight not sitting out the allstar game.

You aren't but what are you going to do? Lakers to scared probably to say anything since they want to resign him, any Laker says anything the media will blow it up, and Dwight just wants to go out their and put on a show.

What are you going to do...

Did you guys see that Rick Fox said that Dwight Howard has a "losers mentality"?[quote name="SoHi 23"]I hope I'm not the only one that has a problem w/ Dwight not sitting out the allstar game.[/quote] I'm okay with it, mainly because he's suiting up for us at the moment.

:smh: @ that Nash/Howard video ... there's definitely something wrong.. i don't think Nash will get THAT mad based on just one particular play .. i don't know, man.. i gotta bad feeling about this..

Anyway we only see and noticed these kind of stuff when the Lakers lose so..

I don't give a **** what you tell me, I'll be really surprised if i see Howard in a Laker uniform next season.

Howard aggravating that freakin shoulder this weekend is like putting the icing on the cake to this horrendous Lakers season

SMH

Steve Nash on the Lakers' inability to generate consistent pick-and-roll success.

When Dwight Howard was added this offseason to a mix including Steve Nash, the popular consensus (including from yours truly) was the two would form a deadly combination running pick-and-roll. Once Mike D'Antoni entered the picture, I personally pictured even more of this attack upon Nash's return from injury. Thus far, however, that vision hasn't come to fruition, and at times, the approach has been downright disastrous.

So what's been the problem? After Monday's practice in El Segundo, the topic was broached to all three principals. (In case you missed it, an earlier Sulia post featured D'Antoni's thoughts.)

"I would have thought we'd be a lot more potent in pick-and-roll situations," admitted Nash. "(Howard) played in a pick-and-roll offense. I played in a pick-and-roll offense, so I thought it would have been a lot more effective than it has been thus far. But maybe we can sort it out."

I asked Nash if he's sensed any hesitance from Howard towards pick-and-roll, given how the center has described himself this season as a player who operates down low. He paused for a few seconds before answering:

"If he's not as interested in pick-and-roll, then it's probably not gonna be as successful. But I'm not really sure. I haven't spoken to him about where his level of interest is in pick-and-roll."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Howard's enthusiasm towards the set, but there you have it. When I noted how the point guard and center appear a pick-and-roll match made in heaven, Nash didn't argue.

"I was incredibly excited to play with him for that reason."

So is Nash confident the two can eventually merge as the pick-and-roll monster imagined by all? He didn't appear willing to bet the house, but also hasn't abandoned ship.

"I hope so," said Nash. "It's more than just two guys, but at the same time, that is the main focus, the two of us, to try and make it work."

Clearly, there's a disconnect preventing synergy between the stars, and Nash's frustration over these hiccups is obvious. Until the two find a way to grease those wheels, the Lakers' full offensive potential will continue to go unreached.

http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/350acac4-30a7-4480-8930-fed7fb7ec60f/?source=fb

Nash is like the DEFINITION of a team guy, too. :\

If Tayshaun Prince chimes in negatively, it's curtains for D12.

that was such a bad passing angle for nash to operate

dwight thinks hes open bc chalmers is on him

move your damn feet dwight

even earlsanity got mad at you

Last edited:
Dwight's problem is he doesn't know anything about footwork or positioning. He thinks just because hes in the post he should get the ball.

No.

You gotta get in a good position. You gotta set your feet. You gotta be ready for a quick step towards the basket. You gotta be ready for the lob pass.
You gotta be ready for them to try to strip the ball from you as soon as you get the ball.

All of that is fixed with good positioning and footwork.

He throws his arms up and calls for the ball when he's not even in a good post position. When he gets the ball, he looks at the basket and realizes he's further than he thought...then he panics and attempts to dribble off the wrong foot putting the ball right in front of the defender to strip.

Dude seriously needs to look at Kobe's footwork and positioning in the post. I swear if Kobe was 7 feet tall he'd abuse Centers in the post in ways Dwight couldn't even dream of :smh:

Back
Top Bottom