Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cuban got our name in his mouth again. :smh:

Dude would fit in great on this board. :lol:
What did this clown say now??

And if any of you are interested. Eazy E Clark is on ESPN 710 and they're talking about Earl sounding like Mase :lol:

Last edited:
Cuban said that LA should amnesty Kobe. :lol:

If I know Cuban, it's because we play on national tv on Sunday and homie needs people to watch his pathetic team so he's using us to do it.

I see you Cubes.

Cuban said that LA should amnesty Kobe. :lol:

If I know Cuban, it's because we play on national tv on Sunday and homie needs people to watch his pathetic team so he's using us to do it.

I see you Cubes.

:lol: Cuban is a real life DBD... except outside of basketball he is actually a genius businessman.

Last edited:
Cool little discussion on 710

all time Lakers during Dr. Buss' ownership vs the field

Magic, Kobe, (can't remember, probably Worthy?), Shaq and Kareem vs. Jordan, Bird, Olajuwon, Duncan, and I forgot who the other dude was

Magic, Kobe, (can't remember, probably Worthy?), Shaq and Kareem vs. Jordan, Bird, Olajuwon, Duncan, and I forgot who the other dude was

Uh, Lebron I would hope. :lol:

Yeah, it would be fun for sure. A lot of fun. :smokin

Uh, Lebron I would hope. :lol:

Yeah, it would be fun for sure. A lot of fun. :smokin

Yeah I think it was Lebron, and Phil Jackson as coach for us, idk who their coach would be Probably Auerbach or Popovich maybe

7 game series. Everyone in their prime.

we win :nerd:

Shaq v Duncan
Kareem v Dream
Worthy v Bird
Kobe v Mike
Magic v Bron

I dunno. That's tough. Shaq would kill Duncan inside, Kareem would be decent with his hook 10-12 feet out.

Worthy would need to be on his game.

Kobe on Mike wouldn't be a lot of fun.

And Bron on Magic would be a problem. Namely, Magic ain't keepin up with that dude no way no how. :lol:

And if Magic and Worthy didn't have their range in top form, the other guys would flood the hell out of Kareem/Shaq.

Meanwhile, all 5 of theirs could play 12 feet from the rim, or under the rim. That's tough. Shaq and Kareem ain't tryna defend at 12 feet.

Shaq v Duncan
Kareem v Dream
Worthy v Bird
Kobe v Mike
Magic v Bron

I dunno. That's tough. Shaq would kill Duncan inside, Kareem would be decent with his hook 10-12 feet out.

Worthy would need to be on his game.

Kobe on Mike wouldn't be a lot of fun.

And Bron on Magic would be a problem. Namely, Magic ain't keepin up with that dude no way no how. :lol:

And if Magic and Worthy didn't have their range in top form, the other guys would flood the hell out of Kareem/Shaq.

Meanwhile, all 5 of theirs could play 12 feet from the rim, or under the rim. That's tough. Shaq and Kareem ain't tryna defend at 12 feet.

2k13

I know non-Laker fans are going to say "Field wins. Jordan. Game, blouses."

But Magic, Kareem, Shaq, and Kobe? Eff outta here.

I've always felt like Bird wasn't as good at what he does as Magic and Jordan are at what they do. I'd put my flame suit on, but I'm in the Lakers thread, so I think I'm good.
laugh.gif

MJ gonna MJ, and Dream gonna weave.

But Magic's got LeBron, no doubt. Well, not straight up, but funneling him towards Kobe or WOrthy on the perimeter or daring him to try and dunk on Shaq.
laugh.gif

If our gameplan is to bring out the 80s Jordan, we win. Let him get his; focus on frustrating the shhh out of the other 4.

And if Kobe plays like Kobe Johnson, we got this. He plays like Frobe... meaning they have 80s MJ chucking and we have Frobe chucking... then it's a series.

I think Shaq's the greatest center of all time, he was physically unstoppable to unable to guard. So I might go with the Lakers team because of the backcourt.

But the front court would go to the field.

I know non-Laker fans are going to say "Field wins. Jordan. Game, blouses."

But Magic, Kareem, Shaq, and Kobe? Eff outta here.

I've always felt like Bird wasn't as good at what he does as Magic and Jordan are at what they do. I'd put my flame suit on, but I'm in the Lakers thread, so I think I'm good. :lol:

MJ gonna MJ, and Dream gonna weave.

But Magic's got LeBron, no doubt. Well, not straight up, but funneling him towards Kobe or WOrthy on the perimeter or daring him to try and dunk on Shaq. :lol:

If our gameplan is to bring out the 80s Jordan, we win. Let him get his; focus on frustrating the shhh out of the other 4.

And if Kobe plays like Kobe Johnson, we got this. He plays like Frobe... meaning they have 80s MJ chucking and we have Frobe chucking... then it's a series.

I'm thinking Prime kobe was '05-'08ish. IMO Prime Kobe was unguardable. Which Prime mike are we talking? Prime body-wise, or game-wise? body-wise, he was crazy fast and athletic, but not the best shooter. Game-wise, somewhat slower, but amazing all around. That'd be crazy to watch.

Prime shaq was way too big and slow to run PF against duncan, zero D would be played. But you let Shaq run the 5 against Dream, he'll eat all night. Sure, he'd bite on a bunch of fakes, but overall I think Kazaam would take that. Prime Shaq was unguardable as well.

Bron gon run point? Better off having Isiah run point and Bron take Bird's spot.

Its crazy that Kobe's peak was when the Lakers were at their worst 
laugh.gif

02-08 was Kobe's prime, with 06 being his peak.

6 years of prime? geeezzz. idk. Prime for a man is normally between 25-28. I mean can you really say a 23yo is in his prime? I think he was certainly getting there, but I don't think he went through the complete transition and development until Shaq left and Kob was able to fully take over the team both mentally and physically.

That's fair, but the 02-03 season is really where it starts for me. That season still resonates.

Last edited:
I don't know what interview it was I do believe Kobe himself said that he had a complete game around 02/03 and he's just been refining and fine tuning things every year. Just in a vacuum I'd agree 02/03-08/09 was him at his best.

02-03 Kobe was freaking stupid. If that wasn't a part of his prime, then I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Dude played 41 minutes a damn night, 45%, 38% from 3 (his best) 6.9 boards, 5.9 assists, 30 points a night, 2.2 steals and almost a block a night.
23 double doubles, 5 triple doubles, 16 straight 30 point games, 13-3 record in those, 9 of those were 40 point games, 7-2 in those, he had 3 50's that year including the 55 on MJ, he set the 3 record with 12 against Ray Allen..........

:smh:

And he was 24. :lol:

Depending on what you feel, his numbers go up, or go down based on Shaq bein there. Go up if he gets more touches, go down if you feel the defenses would have been able to slow him down with more focus on him. Depends on your preference. Me? I saw a man take down entire teams in 06. 3 years sooner, with more energy, less wear (he had knee surgery in late 03, hence, Colorado) he could have been even fiercer in 2003 as the lone gunman. I dunno.

lol remember lakers also have some random HOF-caliber dudes ...i.e. Nash, Gasol, Richmond, Payton, Malone, etc... if we can get them in their primes :tongue:

I looked ahead at the schedules of the Jazz, Rockets, Warriors, and Lakers and using a formula I created with excel (Slow day on the job hunting front) I came up with these results...

Lakers - 17-10
Houston -15-11
Warriors - 14-14
Utah - 15-12

Which leaves the records like this...

Utah 46-36
Houston 45-37
Warriors 45-37
Lakers 43-39

I hope i'm wrong...

Back
Top Bottom