Delete

I don't understand why people ask this question. Regardless of intention - I just feel that when it comes to issues related to money - it should be kept private.

For every good person out there just looking for a good deal, theres a bad person asking the same question for less reputable reasons.

It's like asking a woman how old she is :smh:

But like dude said above if y'all are cool on that level then go ahead, but I hate when that's someone's first response.

To me it can depend on the feeling I get from the person asking through their tone. Are you being nosey? About to tell me what I could have bought? Judging my priorities by comparing this purchase to another I did or didn't make? Or just curious
happy.gif
?

I'll either give the price or not.

interested in responses to give in the case where you don't want to answer that question
nerd.gif

It depends on the person for me. for example with my Vette, my close ppl I told them how much I paid. Strangers I would just say " a lot"

I never ask unless i know the person. Me and friends talk about this all the time and have no qualms. But we also all know what each other makes at our jobs and complain about our high gas and electric bills together too.

If i am really wondering i usually just ask like "oh wow that is super nice was it expensive?" and people will usually say, yes or no or i got a great deal on it it was _____. Leaves the door open to not tell me or tell me. But I hate when people ask me who don't know me. How much was your TV.....i paid $450 for it....wow you got ripped off....uhhhh get out of my house

if its my boy then i usually tell them..

someone else, I just say ionno i got it as a gift. or i just play off the question. That's the "you bout to get robbed **** boi" question.

If I want it I already know the MSRP, No need to ask questions. No Ive never asked anyone how much they paid for anything.

When people ask me this question and I got the item for below retail I always give them the retail price or tell them I got it retail :lol:

sometimes i say i got something for cheaper than i actually paid so they dont find out im rich *****

Doesn't bother me at all, regardless if it's a friend or not.  But I only ask friends that question...

Last edited:
Depends on the item. If it's high priced then I tell them I bought it a while ago and just tell them the brand of the item so they can look that up themselves. If it's not too expensive then I just tell them the retail price.

I hate when people ask me this question though. I feel like they're going to judge me for it regardless of whether item is higher or lower than they expected it to be.

Last edited:
I don't mind the question at all...maybe they're just curious because they want it for themselves? I don't see why people get so butthurt over this.

Back
Top Bottom