Delete

Sure you have. I know I have. 2010 season opener was more disappointing than this.

We had minimal passing threats and not yet fully developed O-Line in 2011 and won 13 games in the regular season. How? POWER RUN! Harbaugh and Roman right now are too quick with the itchy finger and pull the trigger wanting to show off Kap's ability. He is without a doubt head and shoulders better than Alex Smith, but it seems like they've gotten away from what works best because they have a better toy than they had before. The plan should be to win the field position battle and play disciplined ball, which we haven't these last two games.

I really haven't been this disappointed though with a niners team. In the past expecting to be bad was just the reality of being a niner fan. This current team before the year started was thought of as an offensive juggarnaut and best team in the NFC. Now that distinction belongs to the ****** Seahawks. I'm a 26 year old but I literally feel like crying when the niners lose sounds pathetic but I'm a fanatic have been since I was 8 years old when Steve young was my hero.

Not sure where to begin but ill keep it as short as possible.

The offense is terrible and we need a wr opposite of Boldin that can do anything. With VD out our passing game is absolutely terrible.

Why did we go away from the run after the first quarter when we ran it right down the field for our only touchdown? Better question is why does Dixon ever get to touch the ball, on a pitch to the outside at that, when we have Gore and Hunter?

Injury bug is biting us bad and our replacements are terrible. I think I watched Wilhoite get eaten up by a blocker just about every run play after Willis went out. I expect our pass rush to be terrible with Aldon out from now.

Defense has looked alright but our secondary is terrible. How many penalties on 3rd down to keep the drives alive did our corners give up this game? Whitner is garbage. Reid has looked decent but misses a lot of tackles as well, im sure he will fix that with more experience. Nnamdi.. no words.

Better question is why does Dixon ever get to touch the ball, on a pitch to the outside at that
That was by far the most frustrating play for me to witness yesterday.  Like who calls a play like that, and to Dixon of all people. 

It was like a great offensive coordinator stepped in for that TD drive then Roman came back in and started calling plays. WTF is it with this **** play calling. It's like Roman and Harbaugh got head over heels with how Kap threw against GB that they forgot what got them there in the first place.

I'm a bit surprised some of the O-Line hasn't spoken up like Gore did about the lack of running plays.

Fell asleep and the score was 10-7, but they couldn't stop Gore or Hunter.
Wake up and the score is 20-7 and CBS switched to the Jets-Bills game.
Didn't think yall would lose that game.

That was by far the most frustrating play for me to witness yesterday.  Like who calls a play like that, and to Dixon of all people. 

Never been a fan of people who criticize the play calling but why would you pitch the ball to your slowest running back.

I had a feeling the trade of haralson will come back to haunt the 49ers. Will just have to hope for the best when they thow in lemionair. I was reading somewhere that the toughness that singletary installed into the 49ers has dissapeared. There is some truth into that. The penaltys killed the 49ers yesterday. I guess we are not who we thaught we were.

Last edited:
^Damn right about the penalties.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
The Colts picked up five first downs via 49ers defensive penalties. The Colts gave the 49ers no such gifts.

Our team is not disciplined at all right now.

damn i hate day after a niners' loss. >:

im not one to reminisce on what could of been, but 2011 was our year. ive never seen a more violent, relentless, bruising and imposing 49er defense like the one we had that year. they literally beat people the !@#$ up. :smh: definitely have lost some of that in the last 2 seasons.

this team has drifted far away from what made them one of the elites the last 2 years. dominating the trenches, pounding the ball, playing smart not giving the ball away while taking the ball away, excellent special teams, etc.

Last edited:
damn i hate day after a niners' loss. >:

im not one to reminisce on what could of been, but 2011 was our year. ive never seen a more violent, relentless, bruising and imposing 49er defense like the one we had that year. they literally beat people the !@#$ up. :smh: definitely have lost some of that in the last 2 seasons.

this team has drifted far away from what made them one of the elites the last 2 years. dominating the trenches, pounding the ball, playing smart not giving the ball away while taking the ball away, excellent special teams, etc.

All this QFT!

Team just plays so undisciplined now with all these stupid penalties and secondary is atrocious :x

It's only gonna get worse along with our pass rush now with Aldon out and RIP :x :x if Willis is out for any extended time.

Special teams: hurts not having sure hand like Ted Ginn out there anymore and it should help when Lamichael gets back but our return game has been lacking.

Knock on wood that Kevin McDermott hasn't had a botched snap or anything just yet.

I know it's merely the effect of not having Crabtree and Vernon (this past game) but our receivers are just not making even the simplest of catches from passes thrown their way that they would have made in 2011-2012. Hate to say it but Kyle Williams is a bum |I

:stoneface: :smh: when I heard the SNF telecast during the Seahawks game say that Kaep had zero passes deflected last season and then seems like we've seen way too many already only 3 games into the season.

Yesterday showed how important VD really is in the offense. Moore, Patton, Vance and Celek all got a ton of play, but none of them could get open. There was no spacing between our receivers. Kaep was getting some good protection throughout the first 3 quarters but had absolutely nowhere to throw the rock. VD really is the only one right now that can spread the D and get vertical.

I've complained so much about Greg Roman the past 3 seasons, its useless at this point... Was stoked to see that power run game back in the first. Then vintage Greg Roman reminds us who the OC is... :smh:

Quit talking about Alex Smith, please. I don't find them funny. Right now, I think it's the injuries and the Aldon's situation catching up to us.

This game should've been Frank's coming out party of the 2013 season, which it looked like it was. SMH. The D was out there for too long. C'mon guys snap out of this funk. Did Seattle expose us? :smh:

This game should've been Frank's coming out party of the 2013 season, which it looked like it was. SMH. The D was out there for too long. C'mon guys snap out of this funk. Did Seattle expose us? :smh:

Basically provided the blueprint to the rest of the league on how to beat us :frown:

The Ravens and Giants layed out the blue print to beat us 2 years ago. They showed that if you hit the 49ers back in the mouth they aren't as tough as they seem. Seattle was literally up by what 9 points in the 3rd quarter AT home. I wouldn't say they've exposed us....

The main problem this year is the offensive philopshy. Why the hell are we playing like we're the Patriots? Our offensive line is built to run the ball and our best player on offense is our runningback yet we are putting the load on Kap's shoulders. Coaching staff has been extremely disapointing this year thus far. Defenses are playing aggressive press man coverage and challenging our receivers to beat them but they aint doing jack. Remember we play majority of the time with only a split end and flanker in the game and if neither of those dudes can provide even the threat of stretching the field the safeties can move down and play aggressively. Vernon, the only vertical threat we have, being out should of been a cue to let Frank and Kendall carry the load.

The defense isn't the same defense it was in 2011, but it's still pretty damn good. The trend in the last 2 games is giving up majority of the scoring late in the game. This is because of the defense being on the field way too long and add to that we don't rotate any players in our front 7 so these dudes are gassed. Reid has looked good, but also made a lot of rookie mistakes in coverage. Nnamdi is straight TRASH and we miss Cully big time. Whitner is a liability in coverage as usual, but this dude is the only guy i see out there with a presence, smacking fools up trying to set a tone.

too much dumb football too. way too many penalties, not enough turn overs being created and giving up the football too much. we dont miss alex we miss the way this team was operated when he was the QB. beat you up on both sides of the ball, take away the ball and never give away the ball.

Last edited:
if the 49ers continue dooing poorly its only a matter of time before the media blows up with "did the 49ers keep the right QB?" talk. I know as fans we should stick with who is currently at it, but Alex smith was the perfect QB for this team in the short term. 

that isn't even a question to people who really know football. Alex Smith is a nice qb, but he doesn't have the athleticism Kap does, he can't make the throws Kap makes(both velocity, touch and placement) and he definitely can't progress through his reads like Kap does. If you watch Alex 90% of the time he throws to his first read or checks down. Like I said it's not Alex it's the philosphy we had when he was qb. The coaches must believe in Kap A LOT because they're literally having him carry the whole load.

Last edited:
that isn't even a question to people who really know football. Alex Smith is a nice qb, but he doesn't have the athleticism Kap does, he can't make the throws Kap makes(both velocity, touch and placement) and he definitely can't progress through his reads like Kap does. If you watch Alex 90% of the time he throws to his first read or checks down. Like I said it's not Alex it's the philosphy we had when he was qb. The coaches must believe in Kap A LOT because they're literally having him carry the whole load.
Everything you stated i fully agree with, but as a team right now the 49ers are run first. With Alex he is the type of QB were the team has to run first in oder to establish him. Again right now the way the team is set up i belive smith is the better QB for this offense, but i understand why they stuck with Kap. Thinking about the future and how they want to run their offense. So theuy thought Kap was the better choice to run thier offense from now to the future.

The Ravens and Giants layed out the blue print to beat us 2 years ago. They showed that if you hit the 49ers back in the mouth they aren't as tough as they seem. Seattle was literally up by what 9 points in the 3rd quarter AT home. I wouldn't say they've exposed us....

The main problem this year is the offensive philopshy. Why the hell are we playing like we're the Patriots? Our offensive line is built to run the ball and our best player on offense is our runningback yet we are putting the load on Kap's shoulders. Coaching staff has been extremely disapointing this year thus far. Defenses are playing aggressive press man coverage and challenging our receivers to beat them but they aint doing jack. Remember we play majority of the time with only a split end and flanker in the game and if neither of those dudes can provide even the threat of stretching the field the safeties can move down and play aggressively. Vernon, the only vertical threat we have, being out should of been a cue to let Frank and Kendall carry the load.

The defense isn't the same defense it was in 2011, but it's still pretty damn good. The trend in the last 2 games is giving up majority of the scoring late in the game. This is because of the defense being on the field way too long and add to that we don't rotate any players in our front 7 so these dudes are gassed. Reid has looked good, but also made a lot of rookie mistakes in coverage. Nnamdi is straight TRASH and we miss Cully big time. Whitner is a liability in coverage as usual, but this dude is the only guy i see out there with a presence, smacking fools up trying to set a tone.

too much dumb football too. way too many penalties, not enough turn overs being created and giving up the football too much. we dont miss alex we miss the way this team was operated when he was the QB. beat you up on both sides of the ball, take away the ball and never give away the ball.

Agreed on all points.

I also feel like though our defense hasn't been the same since the 4th quarter of that Patriots SNF game late last season. Even though we won that game, it all went downhill from there as far our defense continuing to dominate and make stops. Yea, the injuries to Justin and Aldon def played big factors but there's something lacking overall as a whole for our defense.

Packers game - Defense didn't get too burned since Kaep and offense played too fast for Rodgers and co to keep up.

Falcons game - Defense looked pretty porous in this game. They came up big in the second half obviously including that goal line stand but we caught a break there.

SB vs Ravens - Don't need to go into details, we all saw what happened.

And the trend has continued into all 3 games this season. It just didn't look as bad vs Green Bay week 1 since we won and offense was humming.

Another sidenote: anyone know why Jim allegedly gave huge thumbs down to scouts/coaches asking about Richard Sherman when he was prepping for the draft in 2011? Harbaugh isn't the first and last college coach to snub his former players when it comes to drafting (i.e. Pete Carroll passing up Taylor Mays for Earl Thomas) but that Seahawks telecast made it seem like Harbaugh went out of his way to downgrade Sherman's draft prospects hence why Richard has so much ether for him.

Makes me :x thinking if Harbaugh had drafted him, our D would look so much better with him opposite Tarell Brown instead of bummy Carlos Rogers. Sherman sort of annoys me but I know it's only b/c he's a Seahawk. If he was on our team, I'd love him :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom