Delete

watching that video and seeing what the weather looks like in seattle and then looking out my window to see the weather in the bay area made me realize that we've already won

wearing shorts in the winter FTW

btw, which one of you knuckleheads planned this photobomb?? :lol:
is eric wright going to be playing slot receivers this week?

Probably t brown.

Gonna be a tough matchup. 49ers are the better team, but Rodgers playing at home is always tough to beat. Given the 49ers have beat them quite a bit recently (two times in the regular season the past two seasons, and the playoff game), I'd have to imagine they'll be pumped and motivated. Not that the 49ers won't be either, but I'm just saying it's going to be a very tough game, probably tougher than most imagine. I think it's going to come down to a field goal.

If any of you or know of people planning to get to Lambeau your best bet is to take a flight into Chicago and the drive up. The other option is you can fly into Milwaukee and do the same. Otherwise flights to Green Bay are $$$$

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Faithfuls! Happy Holidays and Happy Playoffs berth! Man, I'm super nervous playing at Lambeau. I still have nightmares from the 90's and the Tundra. I know Green Bay wants to destroy us. Dammit, Chicago! But hopefully, we can pull a win out! Let's go Niners!

PS: Carlos Rogers is overrated. Had one good season for us but he's been burnt toast ever since the NFC Championship game against the Giants.

Haha I feel you about nightmares of the Packers from the 90's. I believe the Niners are the best team in the NFC so I don't care who they play. If you're the best you'll beat whoever is in your way.

Last edited:
Don't know much about him but I can say our o-line has underperformed this year. A line loaded with elite talent. :rolleyes He's been working with Jim Harbaugh and Mike Solari, who is widely considered one of the best line coaches in the league, for awhile so he's had to have picked up some good stuff.

Last edited:
We're the team to beat going into this postseason imo, no bias. Going into the playoffs with a nice win streak playing well at the right time and got the roster/talent to dominate on both sides of the football that very few if any of the other teams have. Denver's D cant hold up especially when Peytons gotta carry them a couple times in the cold. Seattle still might be favorites with their home field but their offense has been struggling and their lack of the a #1 WR is gonna hurt them. If I was still betting, Id take Niners over the Chargers in the big game rematch of 1995 with the same result :smokin

I was very glad to hear Kaep say he "hopes they put stuff on film that other teams have to prepare for."

That was a very telling quote. It almost does seem like Roman and crew played possum a little.

That first quarter was stuffed with trickeration (Anquan screen, Joe Staley catching balls, Patton as an x-factor, etc.).

Then it got bland again, which got people scratching their head. But it seems like the Packers are gonna have their hands full with Aaron's health, our varied offense and our demolition squad LBs.

Screw the weather, I think we'll pull it out with defensive scoring. Bowman with another pick to keep the streak alive.

Tizzle my man I know you're worried because you think we got lucky. But you gotta remember that luck plays a role in every winner's season. Seahawks got lucky against the Panthers, Texans, and Bucs and it landed them the #1 seed. The Ravens entire postseason run last year was based on luck. The Giants the year before that, and the Packers the year before that. Chin up my dude.

[thread="526674"]Lol, we've gotten lucky in a lot of these games guys.[/thread]
[thread="526674"]We have the potential to be amazing - look at the 1st quarter of the arizona game.[/thread]
[thread="526674"]But our team got complacent with the big lead... our guys gotta be more hungry if we want to get to and win the super bowl. [/thread]
[thread="526674"] [/thread]
[thread="526674"]I can't say I'm too confident going into the post season.[/thread]
[thread="526674"]Our defense gives up a lot of big plays and our entire offense is so subpar sometimes - Idk if it's Gore getting stuffed, kaepernick not thowing well, Greg roman's play calling or that is the main problem but it's disappointing to watch.[/thread]

When we went up 17 in AZ, the coaching staff went into run the clock out mode in the second damn quarter. Its not luck that we scored 17 early with the offense finding its mismatch in Boldin and the defense creating turnovers. Luck plays both way. "Bad Luck" can be attributed to us losing to both the Saints and Panthers.

And as many negative aspects that we can all point out to our team this season, and there are lots, We were a horrible call ( Brooks hit on Brees) from having the best record in the league with the hardest schedule of any team in the league this season. With all those injuries, Aldon's problems, terrible playcalling, overall offensive struggles we were 12-4 and winners of 6 in a row going into the playoffs. We are healthy and hitting our stride at the right time IMO. The defense has been Balling all season and the offense is finally moving the ball down the field with Crabs back.

Playoffs are never about which team had the best overall regular season as seen in the previous three seasons. No one wants to see us even if we're on the road. I'm damn confident this time around.

Our defense gives up a lot of big plays and our entire offense is so subpar sometimes - Idk if it's Gore getting stuffed, kaepernick not thowing well, Greg roman's play calling or that is the main problem but it's disappointing to watch.

i read somewhere that the first 14 games of the season, the secondary did a really good job of limiting plays of 20+ yards. I think they had only given up somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 plays of that much yardage. however, the last two games, it seemed like they couldn't stop the bleeding...but that's because the falcons and cardinals went down big early in the games and resorted to deep passes.

this is the same defense that played rodgers 3 times in a row with the Pack offense at full strength and beat them each time. i'm not too concerned about our ability to defend the deep ball. nelson and cobb aint going over the middle with our LBs, nor do I see them feastin over the top.

i may sound foolish, but i think if the dline and LBs can contain Lacy and limit him to about 3 yards/carry, i think we take this game again.

i read somewhere that the first 14 games of the season, the secondary did a really good job of limiting plays of 20+ yards. I think they had only given up somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 plays of that much yardage. however, the last two games, it seemed like they couldn't stop the bleeding...but that's because the falcons and cardinals went down big early in the games and resorted to deep passes.

this is the same defense that played rodgers 3 times in a row with the Pack offense at full strength and beat them each time. i'm not too concerned about our ability to defend the deep ball. nelson and cobb aint going over the middle with our LBs, nor do I see them feastin over the top.

i may sound foolish, but i think if the dline and LBs can contain Lacy and limit him to about 3 yards/carry, i think we take this game again.

Not to make excuses but when you stop the run as well as we do QB's will have to times the ball 45-50 times passes will get completed. This game will come down to field position and how well we pressure Rodgers and how well Kaep reads there defense.

If Rodgers gets all day to throw we will be in trouble.

anyone seen the 2014 schedule for the 49ers?

Home: Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Eagles, ********, Bears, Chiefs, Chargers
Away: Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants, Saints, Broncos, Raiders

playing the saints in NO three years in a row...i hate these damn schedule makers. is the NFL just getting lazy with scheduling??

It just happens to be the way the schedules are made... We finished in 2nd so therefore we play the other 2nd place finishers in the NFC

Being out of commission, I get to watch a lot of tv.

They just played YG's My ***** on yahoo sports talk and pretty much played it uncensored. I was amused.

anyone seen the 2014 schedule for the 49ers?

Home: Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Eagles, ********, Bears, Chiefs, Chargers
Away: Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants, Saints, Broncos, Raiders
Well, I guess I'll be going up to Metlife as that will be the closest game near me. 

It just happens to be the way the schedules are made... We finished in 2nd so therefore we play the other 2nd place finishers in the NFC

is that usually how it works? I just saw the raiders strength of schedule, and that team looks bound for another 4 win season

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom