Delete

when is brooks' contract up? last two seasons, the man has been one of the best edge rushers in the league

49ers LB Ahmad Brooks has 4½ sacks this postseason (a team record). No player has more than six in a single postseason since sacks became official statistic in 1982. With two more sacks, Brooks would pass Richard Dent, Michael McCrary and LaMarr Woodley for most in single postseason

Last edited:

seeing as how he'll get one sack on RW3 and a sack on TB12 in two weeks, that record will be his.

Right.  A single postseason.  I was gonna say!!!  Haha.  I know Willie McGinest has that all time postseason sack record, and I dont think Brooks is even close to that number.

just seen on sportscenter how many times richard sherman had to hold anquan boldin just to stay with him after he got shook. he's spose to cover crabtree sunday??

just seen on sportscenter how many times richard sherman had to hold anquan boldin just to stay with him after he got shook. he's spose to cover crabtree sunday??

byron maxwell but they switch because both crabtree and boldin go back and forth between X and Z(split end and flanker).

Last edited:

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure I saw Sherman line up with VD and Crabby in man coverage at times in the last meeting at the Stick. Crab had a few great catches on him if I recall. Boldin had a similar catch that Crab had on Sherm and got up and started talking **** ALL in his face :lol:

Last edited:
is it just me or does anquan seem like he has too big of a competitive ego to let a dude like sherman lock him down? dude reminds me of the triple OG you see at 24 hour fitness playing pick up who runs his mouth all game callin everyone under the sun young'n, but balls out because he's got his fundamentals and midrange game down.

been itching to see us get a big physical receiver since the day we lost T.O. I remember praying that those recent one-and-done wrs we were signing would be be the answer. antonio bryant anybody? thought that dude would spare alex smith's futility

Richard Sherman didn't lock him down. If you go and watch the coaches film he was open but Kap either never saw him or wanted to risk it. Anquan doesn't get major separation from anyone whether it's Richard Sherman or Cortland Finnegan. That's not his MO. Kap needs to give his players a chance to make a play even in tight coverage and he's been doing a better job of it lately.

Kap is still having the same issues he was having in the early season, but he's making plays around it. Only way his problems improve are with time and experience.

Last edited:
^ word.

i just hope kap makes good decisions and not lock into his WRs or else i can see him throwing 2 ints come sunday.
He has gotten away with some what should be INTs thus far in the playoffs. Can't be doing the same with this defense

^ word.

i just hope kap makes good decisions and not lock into his WRs or else i can see him throwing 2 ints come sunday.
He has gotten away with some what should be INTs thus far in the playoffs. Can't be doing the same with this defense

This. If he throws one int I think we will be fine 2 then it will be an uphill battle.

Stat I heard today: We are 0-4 when Kap fails to reach 150 yards passing

Really like are chances if we can hold Marshawn under 3.5 ypr

It's a lot easier said than done but if we can prevent Marshawn from having a big game (dude ALWAYS seems to ball on us, as well as other physical running backs) and force Russel Wilson to beat us I think we will be fine. Russ is a really good player but I dont know if he can just put a team on his shoulders and beat us throwing the ball (assuming their D isn't scoring/putting the offense in great field position due to turnovers/special teams)

Like I said though it's a lot easier said than done cause that dude Marshawn is a damn savage.

We will stop Marshawn in our base 3-4. The problem arrises when Seattle brings in 3 wide receivers and we counter with our nickel package. This means Glenn Dorsey is off the field, the defense is stretched out and we have a soft box with 6 guys.

Last edited:
We will stop Marshawn in our base 3-4. The problem arrises when Seattle brings in 3 wide receivers and we counter with our nickel package. This means Glenn Dorsey is off the field, the defense is stretched out and we have a soft box with 6 guys.

True, good point.

I have a feeling someone is going to make a big time play, LMJ returning kicks, Brock pickin' one off, lineman creating sacks (i'd love to see Russ get blindsided for a strip sack...is that too harsh? :lol: ) But I really feel like a role player is going to make a game changing play.

Cant. Wait. For. Sunday.

Three players were fined $7,875 each from the 49ers' victory over Carolina last weekend: San Francisco running back Frank Gore and wide receiver Anquan Boldin and Carolina cornerback Josh Thomas.

Gore grabbed the facemask of Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis. Boldin was fined for a head butt. Thomas threw a punch toward 49ers receiver Quinton Patton but was not ejected.

Back
Top Bottom