Delivery Driver Cries After Being Tipped $1 For Hour Delivery

Lol that's interesting because the same can be said about all the protests that have been going on the past few years. You don't get to make a scene ever because you are upset about your situation :lol:
Not even close at all. You serious with this BS?

No one said crying is soft. We just feel like him crying for THAT reason is soft.

He’s 4 months behind on his car payment, only relying on uber eats? You got to have more than one hustle nowadays
He was 4 months behind before Uber eats most likely. Pretty sure he didn’t get into a car using that pay stub

No even close at all. You serious with this BS?

Yeah no to the protest thing even though I know what hes trying to say. Its 2021, you can vent online. You can vent however you want, like I said you dont know what dude is going through. Some people have it up to here with frustration with no outlet, no friends.

We arent even talking about the solution, thats not the point. Obviiusly he needs to work on himself and make better of his life, I think he knows that as well. If im taking it for how it looks, he just got to a point of frustration where he wanted to vent. The easy thing would be to tell him get a better job, harder thing to do is understand what its like to really be in his shoes.

I always tip, but I blame the companies for not paying higher wages. we're already paying markups on the food, taxes and delivery fees, I can definitely see why some people don't tip or tip so little.

That’s what I’m saying, before you even decide on the tip you done nearly doubled the cost of a 17$ meal, you add tip and that 17$ meal now cost your 35$

blame Ubereats

That’s what I’m saying, before you even decide on the tip you done nearly doubled the cost of a 17$ meal, you add tip and that 17$ meal now cost your 35$

blame Ubereats

Its obvious people who deliver for ubereats have never ordered FROM ubereats.

Last edited:
To me this a 95:5 ratio of accountability with the bulk falling on the company. Only reason I hold customers slightly accountable is that they know that they're essentially screwing over the next man when they do this. You can scream about how restaurant owners/delivery services should pay their employees a livable wage and I'll agree with you every step of the way, but that's not the reality we live in right now. If you have a few extra bucks to spare I think it's the right thing to do.

I should'nt be responsible for making up for the company paying you a decent wage. A wage is a thank you for doing your job. My tip is a thank you for doing your job well. If I'm not in person and it's just delivery or carryout, that tip is most definitely gonna be a couple bucks.

I should'nt be responsible for making up for the company paying you a decent wage. A wage is a thank you for doing your job. My tip is a thank you for doing your job well. If I'm not in person and it's just delivery or carryout, that tip is most definitely gonna be a couple bucks.

If you tip waitstaff 20% for walking your meal from the kitchen, whats the logic of tipping someone who drove it to your house less?

If you tip waitstaff 20% for walking your meal from the kitchen, whats the logic of tipping someone who drove it to your house less?
they dont just bring it from the kitchen. there's hospitality. if i need more sauces, if i need more water or another drink, if i have an issue with my meal, cordiality. There's more time spent during the meal, and more of a service provided. Imo, a waiter is more complex of a position than a delivery driver.

8CB271F0-7400-4442-93FB-183A430BE5F8.png

Food: $13.26
Fees, Tax, Tip: $10.61
…for McDonalds

If my work didn’t sometimes throw us $15 doordash gift codes i’d never use this robbery system.

8CB271F0-7400-4442-93FB-183A430BE5F8.png

Food: $13.26
Fees, Tax, Tip: $10.61
…for McDonalds

If my work didn’t sometimes throw us $15 doordash gift codes i’d never use this robbery system.
What are you getting at McDonald's for $13.26? Might as well order from a diner.

STOP ORDERING FOOD IF YOU CANT OR DONT TIP!!!

it’s a way to put extra money in their pocket for bringing you food.

I ALWAYS TIP AT LEAST $5

go pickup or cook if you don’t tip at least $3
agreed, but that's why my bum *** avoids the service industry at all costs.
Grown men with their hands out.

STOP ORDERING FOOD IF YOU CANT OR DONT TIP!!!

it’s a way to put extra money in their pocket for bringing you food.

I ALWAYS TIP AT LEAST $5

go pickup or cook if you don’t tip at least $3

Why is $3 the magical number?

And who gave you the authority to give that ultimatum? (Top or Eat at home?)

Last edited:
Since going out during the pandemic, I noticed that many restaurants have been including the tip in the bill.

Back
Top Bottom