Demand ‘Paid in Full’ on Blu-ray!

Wait a minute....
The petition is being run by Miramax?

The same Miramax that owns the movie?

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

It wont be good.

BluRay is not going to help the low/ 1990's quality cameras they used to shoot the movie.

Movies are shot way differently than they were in the 90's.

Cameras now days can gather more information than those of previous years.

A dvd is like 10 mb and BluRays are running 50 mb.

You cant make a movie filmed at 10 mb look like it was filmed at 50 mb.

You can take away excess but you cant add too much.

Back to the Future BluRay is the only movie that looked good converted. They took painstaking time to convert it.

I guarantee they will use the cheapest methods of converting it to BluRay.

All they would do is burn the dvd to a BluRay.

You will be better off copping the dvd.
SHUT UP!!!!

I signed it. I watched Paid in Full and Paper Soldiers A LOT in high school.
pimp.gif

It wont be good.

BluRay is not going to help the low/ 1990's quality cameras they used to shoot the movie.

Back to the Future BluRay is the only movie that looked good converted. They took painstaking time to convert it.

You have Zero knowledge of what your talking about, you probably still rocking Zenith TV with technicolor and got a computer screen thats still a CRT

cuban-computer.jpg

go sit down some where, B.

Originally Posted by odog24

It wont be good.

idk if ur serious.
a dvd can handle up to 8 gb not mb and blu ray can handle 25-30 gb

A dual layered blu ray can handle 50 gb. I think you were thinking of the obsolete HD-DVD, they could handle up to 30.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

It wont be good.

You have Zero knowledge of what your talking about, you probably still rocking Zenith TV with technicolor and got a computer screen thats still a CRT

cuban-computer.jpg

Been in film since I was born. 31 years. I now run tape for the government. I can place you at the scene of any crime committed on tape and have you convicted for life. Maybe my taste in film is richer than yours. 
At the end of the day they will not covert it right guarantee. Its a straight to video movie. Look at star wars and back to the future it took years for them to convert those movies and they were blockbusters.

Check the specs. While yes some cameras shoot at a  higher res. 

They tweak it down to fit on dvds. It reads at the beginning of most movies,"This film has been modified from its original version. It has been formatted to fit this screen."

To get a good Blu Ray they have to go back to the tape. I dont see it happening, cause it will take a while.

Maybe thats their plan and the reason for the petition.

I want to see a paid in full blu ray but not a dvd ripped copy.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

It wont be good.

cuban-computer.jpg

Been in film since I was born. 31 years. I now run tape for the government. I can place you at the scene of any crime committed on tape and have you convicted for life. Maybe my taste in film is richer than yours. 
At the end of the day they will not covert it right guarantee. Its a straight to video movie. Look at star wars and back to the future it took years for them to convert those movies and they were blockbusters.

Check the specs. While yes some cameras shoot at a  higher res. 

They tweak it down to fit on dvds. It reads at the beginning of most movies,"This film has been modified from its original version. It has been formatted to fit this screen."

To get a good Blu Ray they have to go back to the tape. I dont see it happening, cause it will take a while.

Maybe thats their plan and the reason for the petition.

I want to see a paid in full blu ray but not a dvd ripped copy.
this guy is on some prison break type of steeze 
sick.gif

My most wanted for blu ray is White Men Can't Jump. Love that movie.

And even if a movie is shot on older cameras, it could still benefit by being on blu ray, but the quality upgrade would only be marginal.

If anyone knows the Criterion Collection, a lot of their bonus material for their older movies is from a SD source, but it essentially still have HD bit rates. The video bit rate for a DVD, a SD format, is 6-8 mbps. But those Criterion bonus materials are still at 15-20 mbps even though they're essentially standard definition. They wouldn't increase the bit rate if it wasn't beneficial for the quality, but the improvement in quality is still very slight.

An example of how they made the quality better from a SD source can be read here:

http://www.blu-ray.com/mo...ne-Blu-ray/40556/#Review

All the original NTSC videotapes were digitized 1:1 as Avid MXF media at 720 x 486 resolution. These files were then upconverted to 2K DPX files (1920 x 1440 inside of 2048 x 1556) in Scratch, using Lanczos scaling to increase sharpness with a minimum of artifacts. The film was then color corrected in Scratch, with noise reduction later applied as necessary, creating the final color-timed DPX files. Throughout all of these steps, the original frame rate of 29.97 and the original 1.33:1 aspect ratio were maintained.

Back
Top Bottom