*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by donpoppa

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i got a small crotch hole on my nudie's sj ...is this something a local tailor can fix? I heard self edge does repairs, but they cost a lot
its not expensive and its better than places that put a patch.

This.
$20 if you bought the jeans there $40 if you didn't. Usually you get them back within the week. I have to go pick up my pair tomorrow.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by tecca nena

http://supertalk.superfut...4896-man-stain-on-jeans/

Probably the most hilarious thread about raw denim ever
they came out awesome though
eek.gif
pimp.gif
I agree that just adds to the comedy of the thread even more

Anyone know of an alternative to the Nudie Big Bengts? Loved my pair, but my luggage was lost from a trip. I was going to put an order with Self Edge, but the last 38 was sold. =(

First time getting some Samurai Jeans, and so far I am impressed.  They are a little pricey, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to anyone looking for a some black denim.
Pre-soaked

S5000BKB 17oz

I just received a pair of earnest sewn selvedge denim. I didn't notice that they were boot cut, is there anything a tailor could do to fix this without messing with the selvedge? When I purchased online I thought they were just straight leg. Nice jeans nonetheless

Originally Posted by Juice man

I just received a pair of earnest sewn selvedge denim. I didn't notice that they were boot cut, is there anything a tailor could do to fix this without messing with the selvedge? When I purchased online I thought they were just straight leg. Nice jeans nonetheless

Your best bet is to either wear them as is, or return them.  I ran acros this same problem a couple of years back, and I did find a tailor who could modify it, but he would have had to do it on the selvedge side.

Anybody ever try Hollister denim? Been wearing 514's since I'm young, can't afford the expensive stuff haha, just wanna' hear others experince with Hollister denim...Thanks

Originally Posted by Goofy

Anybody ever try Hollister denim? Been wearing 514's since I'm young, can't afford the expensive stuff haha, just wanna' hear others experince with Hollister denim...Thanks

sick.gif
 thats just me though. if you can't afford the more expensive denim save around 100-150 and you can cop some decent denim from Urban Outfitters or Gap.

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

Originally Posted by Goofy

sick.gif
 thats just me though. if you can't afford the more expensive denim save around 100-150 and you can cop some decent denim from Urban Outfitters or Gap.
Ok thanks, but where can I get GAP jeans? There isnt much on their site, unless I should go for skinny? the slim don't look very slim anyways...

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Your best bet is to either wear them as is, or return them.  I ran acros this same problem a couple of years back, and I did find a tailor who could modify it, but he would have had to do it on the selvedge side.

Thanks. I could just wear them like this. They're not very noticeable anyway, just my perception.

I am working on some PRPS Ramblers; I gave up on my Barracudas...they are taking forever because they are too relaxed on me
2w4earo.jpg

wco9eb.jpg

I need a pair of petit standards now.  My new cures have been about a year so I will be washing soon.  Anybody ever tried kicking mule? I heard they break in great
nerd.gif

I have a small hole on the back of my jeans. Maybe the size of a pencil head. Any suggestions to repair? Or is that normal in the break in stage?

I have a small hole on the back of my jeans. Maybe the size of a pencil head. Any suggestions to repair? Or is that normal in the break in stage?
If you're regularly wearing them, then that's completely normal. If it bothers you that much, then you could turn them inside out and put a couple of stitches to close the hole, although it would look weird on a pair of lighter jeans because you can see the pulled material. If it's a dark pair, no problem.
You could also glue a small patch of denim of the same wash from the inside, but it would have to be the EXACT same wash to not be noticeable.

^ aight, thanks. Yeah I wear this pair all of the time. Soaked them Sunday and then realized I have a small hole. They're dark indigo, I should be able to find a patch.. Hopefully

hey guys,

I don't know too much about getting my jeans tailored but I was wonder if I were to get my jean shorten (let's just say 3 inches), is it possible to ask the tailor if I can keep the excess?

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]or did I answer my own question?[/color]

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

hey guys,

I don't know too much about getting my jeans tailored but I was wonder if I were to get my jean shorten (let's just say 3 inches), is it possible to ask the tailor if I can keep the excess?

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]or did I answer my own question?[/color]
sure, why not?

^thanks sorry for the noob question... HTC denim doctors charging me 250+ for a blown crotch on my APCs (I've had for the longest and they're my favorite jeans) & I was gonna use the excess to patch them up my damn self.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

^thanks sorry for the noob question... HTC denim doctors charging me 250+ for a blown crotch on my APCs (I've had for the longest and they're my favorite jeans) & I was gonna use the excess to patch them up my damn self.
eek.gif
250+ for a blown out crotch!! pause..
I understand they specialize in denim repair but from my experience if you can find the right tailor or dry cleaner you can get a repair of similar quality for a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom