*| | Denim _ School | |*

yea GAP's also... retail is like what $90

but they always do go on sale :lol:

my little bro has a pair, theyre pretty decent

Last edited:
I know that Nudie doesn't get much love these days, and I understand why (to an extent), but I have to say that I am abundantly happy with my Grim Tim Dry Selvage.  I know that they are pricey, but the denim and the construction are truly top notch.  I have had them for 2 months and I have worn them constantly; they have ZERO stretch (which I like), and are still quite stiff, although they do show dry bleeding around the whiskers and honeycombs, which keep also keep their shape.  I always thought that the whole 'organic cotton' thing was a scam, but it really does breathe better and feel more comfortable agains the skin.  Just my .02

For my man asking about the APC PNS...

I sized down 1 and they fit perfectly, they're not boxy at all if you size them correctly. Worn them about 3 times so far and they are already my favorite pair of denim.

I'll take some pics if I remember/if I have time
Do you normally only go one size down for APC? I'm normally a 30 but I get 28 in APC NS. Just wondering if there's any reason you went down one size instead of two for the PNS.

For my man asking about the APC PNS...

I sized down 1 and they fit perfectly, they're not boxy at all if you size them correctly. Worn them about 3 times so far and they are already my favorite pair of denim.

I'll take some pics if I remember/if I have time
Do you normally only go one size down for APC? I'm normally a 30 but I get 28 in APC NS. Just wondering if there's any reason you went down one size instead of two for the PNS.

I go down 2 sizes for NS. A lot of people say that the PNS' seat/thigh is the same as the NS but the truth is that the PNS is a tighter fit, at least in my experience. If I had went down 2 with the PNS the rise would have been too low and when they stretched out the'd be a skinny fit, rather than the slim fit that I want.

I know that Nudie doesn't get much love these days, and I understand why (to an extent), but I have to say that I am abundantly happy with my Grim Tim Dry Selvage.  I know that they are pricey, but the denim and the construction are truly top notch.  I have had them for 2 months and I have worn them constantly; they have ZERO stretch (which I like), and are still quite stiff, although they do show dry bleeding around the whiskers and honeycombs, which keep also keep their shape.  I always thought that the whole 'organic cotton' thing was a scam, but it really does breathe better and feel more comfortable agains the skin.  Just my .02

I think Nudie is a bit over priced but they are very nice. I have Grim Tims and another pair... can't remember the name of them though. :\

Pulled the trigger on some new Fall PRPs Barracuda's for $525

They better be up to $525 standards or they are going back

Looking to buy a pair of Unbranded 201s or 301s this week. Im trying to find out if I should size down or stay TTS but I keep getting mixed answers. I'm about 6'4", 195lbs. I'm thinking about getting a 34 waist, which is about TTS.

Last edited:
^^^I had a pair of unbranded taper fit..I'd say get tts because they'd stretch a lil bit but not too much.once you wash/rinse it'll def go back to tts.threw my pair out cause I puked all over them on my bday lmao the smell was real bad...

Anyways what is a good site to buy apc ns? I remember they were only 145 about 6/7 years ago and they jumped $40

Have a pair of LVC 47 that I wore for 3 or 4 months during HS but i no longer fit them, cause I gained some weight so theyre just sitting. Would apc take them in trade for 50% a pair of apc? If not, I must might just toss em

^^^I had a pair of unbranded taper fit..I'd say get tts because they'd stretch a lil bit but not too much.once you wash/rinse it'll def go back to tts.threw my pair out cause I puked all over them on my bday lmao the smell was real bad...

Anyways what is a good site to buy apc ns? I remember they were only 145 about 6/7 years ago and they jumped $40

Have a pair of LVC 47 that I wore for 3 or 4 months during HS but i no longer fit them, cause I gained some weight so theyre just sitting. Would apc take them in trade for 50% a pair of apc? If not, I must might just toss em

Try context.com. I think that's it. They have all brands of denim for decent prices.

^contextclothing.com.

@Stillin i had some raw RRL slims that were pretty close to a pair a new standards if you are familiar with those. a little slimmer and they dont stretch much at all, at least for me.

Do you guys wear your jeans still even though it's a slight crotch blowout? Lol would hate to sit on the train and my boxers are showing? Maybe it's time to patch them up

Last edited:
Do you guys wear your jeans still even though it's a slight crotch blowout? Lol would hate to sit on the train and my boxers are showing? Maybe it's time to patch them up
Patch em up, no one wants to see your batman undies :lol:

Or just leave them as is :evil:

If you foresee a crotch blow out, do a quick soak (optional), and have it patched before it rips

doing a soak allows the cotton to shrink a bit before its sealed by the patch

saw a few of you were interested in some nudies but the price is more than likely a tad bit high to pull the trigger. Saw that Milleniumshoes has select styles on sale for 40-50% off. Have yet to try a pair of nudies as I find N&F are my favorite at the moment, but with that price makes me want to try em..

http://www.millenniumshoes.com/men-s/clothing/bottoms
Not bad. Most hit end of seasons sales for around the same price too

also have a pair of dry brown organic selvedge grim tims, and I love them. Fit is awesome, and theyre breaking in quite nicely, but ive noticed that my pair has definitely stretched a fair amount . not in the sense theyre baggy, but just loosened up a little bit (which makes them all the more comfortable :D )

Back
Top Bottom