*| | Denim _ School | |*

Just purchased a pair of Simon Miller straight leg selvedge from Gilt. If I don't like them I will send them back. I did a bunch of online research and they seem to have decent reviews.

Fellas, with the snow here in NY I got like those dotted snow stains on the back of my jeans.  I haven't washed my joints yet, but I took some water and a paper towel and proceeded to wipe away those stains but the indigo color was coming onto the paper towel so I stopped.  is there a proper way to clean them or it doesn't matter? I just don't want my fades for the future get messed up.

Fellas, with the snow here in NY I got like those dotted snow stains on the back of my jeans.  I haven't washed my joints yet, but I took some water and a paper towel and proceeded to wipe away those stains but the indigo color was coming onto the paper towel so I stopped.  is there a proper way to clean them or it doesn't matter? I just don't want my fades for the future get messed up.
There is no proper way to clean them. Everyone lives differently. Just clean them accordingly. As for the indigo transfer that's normal, you're not going to mess up fades with a wipe down.

Man I've said this numerous times but my Vince denim is by far the best I've owned. For 50-60 bucks I can't be anything but happy.

I feel you man. Casual Fridays are just not enough for me. I had some Banana Republic raw denim and it took me 6 years to see fades from casual wear. haha.

Before I got fat I had jeans from middle schoo I wore till the 10 grade they were Levi's and they had great fades what I am getting at is there is no real secret way to get faded just wear em wash em and wear beat them up.

Interested in graduating from APC and buying some heavier weight jawns but nothing I'm seeing is catching my eye fit wise. Looking at Samurai and Flathead, and the leg openings are way too big, ~7". I want to avoid alterations if possible. The best I've found is a pair of Momo's, but they have pink stitching and selvedge :x Would have been perfect too, as the leg openings are around 6". Any suggestions?

Definitely got a couple sizes too small of a waist for these APC NPS, going to have to swap them with a 35 
laugh.gif

Going to get my UB221s altered so they can fit more like the APC PNS.

I just wrote down the PNS measurements for the size I am and hopefully the tailor will do a good job

No idea about the NF Double weave. You should email them and ask. I did this a couple weeks ago and they responded fairly quickly ( within 24hrs)According to the site they are 13oz so not too heavy. Find out and let us know.

Interested in graduating from APC and buying some heavier weight jawns but nothing I'm seeing is catching my eye fit wise. Looking at Samurai and Flathead, and the leg openings are way too big, ~7". I want to avoid alterations if possible. The best I've found is a pair of Momo's, but they have pink stitching and selvedge :x Would have been perfect too, as the leg openings are around 6". Any suggestions?

The 3sixteen ST cut and iron heart 301s are pretty tapered. I Think some Japan blues are tapered but not sure

The 3sixteen ST cut and iron heart 301s are pretty tapered. I Think some Japan blues are tapered but not sure

Thanks. I'll take a look at the Iron Hearts, though the ones I saw were still 7". I think ultimately I may end up rolling with the Momo Tight Tapereds and just deal with/recolor the pink threads on the inseam. The fit is nice on them, and exactly what I'm looking for.

Just left detroitdenim.com with my first pair of selvedge denim. Eric the owner was great to deal with. He walked me though every detail. Had a pair that they just finished this morning waiting for me when I got there. Had me try them on to make sure that they fit then marked the leg and hemmed them to the perfect length.Everything is hand cut and sewn in house. I am very happy that I can support a local business and get a quality product. If you are looking for a good denim and want to support a good local business look up detroitdenim.com and give them a shot.

@red mpls

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll take a look at the Iron Hearts, though the ones I saw were still 7". I think ultimately I may end up rolling with the Momo Tight Tapereds and just deal with/recolor the pink threads on the inseam. The fit is nice on them, and exactly what I'm looking for.
I love the fit on this and I wonder what a faded pair would look like.  do you have a link to these so i can check it out? 

I just really love the stacked look without having to fold your jeans.  Especially while I'm wearing a fresh pair of timbs. and then sometimes they ask me you think your kanye, and I just be like no, I am Kanye. 
laugh.gif
  I just hate fat pants aka NT denim and I just like the nice fitted look without it looking like jeggings.  I've always purchased my skinnys a size bigger but here I finally went to raws and had to get them a size smaller.

I love the fit on this and I wonder what a faded pair would look like.  do you have a link to these so i can check it out? 

The specific pair I posted was a collaboration a couple of years ago. The Denim Store x Momotaro.

However, here are the pair I'm thinking about ordering.

https://www.blueowl.us/product/momo...eight-18oz-raw-selvedge-denim-model-0305-50/#

A lot of the heavier denim is going to be boot cut with the prestigious brands. Can always get it tailored tho

I realized this, sucks - and I don't want to risk tailoring.

If you want heavyweight denim that are slim check out the iron heart 555 01. I posted a pick up couple pages back.

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/bottoms/ih-555-01.html

if a 7" leg opening it too big for you then idk what to say :lol:

im assuming you like your jawnz extra tight

I like a nice taper, and hate jeans that get sloppy below the knee. 6.5" and below, preferable 6.25" leg opening.

Last edited:
Speaking of tapers, does anyone have experience getting their jeans tailored from the inseam?

Speaking of tapers, does anyone have experience getting their jeans tailored from the inseam?
I'm actually sending a pair of NF SSG that I copped to railcar for tapering.  Apparently railcar has some really good reviews with their tapering, and its about a two week process. they do the tapering from the inseam so the selvedge remains untouched.

Back
Top Bottom