*| | Denim _ School | |*

So is it fine to get STFs hemmed? The guy at the Levi store said it would be, but I figured I'd ask considering this is my first experiment with"raw" denim.

Originally Posted by hanny08

"those are pretty cool. it's always hella difficult to fade the greycast. how hard did you wear those?"

I work in an office so probably two/three days a week max, I starch them every once in a while and only washed them that one time because I spilt KFC potato and gravy all over the front, late night hunger pangs got to me after a night out. They don't smell real good now as you might imagine, I put Febreeze on them and even did the leave them in the freezer for a couple of nights thing but it doesn't really get rid of the smell.
laugh.gif

Sounds like it's time to wash them. WITH detergent. It'll be ok.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523

So is it fine to get STFs hemmed? The guy at the Levi store said it would be, but I figured I'd ask considering this is my first experiment with "raw" denim.

If you hem your shrink-to-fit jeans before you shrink them, they will be high-water Michael Jackson pantalones.

If you've got jeans that are made of unsanforized denim (like STF's..) you should definitely wash/soak them before hemming them.

If you do hem them before their first wash or soak, expect 2" to 3" of shrinkage after the second or third wash, so hem them 3" long so that youdon't end up with some MJ Beat It style pantalones.

I got some flathead S5003 and already got them hemmed to a little longer then my size, is there anyway that I can avoid them shrinking that 2-3 inches after Iwash them the first time?

And does anyone know if Kicking Mule Workshop denim is Sanforized?

thanks

^Ya I wasn't planning to have them hemmed until after I shrunk them and wore them a bit. Thanks gentlemen.

just got my STF's. i soaked them in hot water when i got them for about an hour and then left them to dry on the hanger. they did not shrink as much as iwanted on the inseam and after 2 days of wearing they are still very stiff, hopefully that goes away soon and the fading begins (though i have heard how awfulthe fading on STF's is)

Just got my first pair of raw denim 2 weeks ago, ended up getting a pair of Nudie Slim Jims in raw black, big ups to Yamakazi for helping me pick out whichpair to start out with...i haven't gotten around to posting pics, but these are after a full day of wear

14e9phz.jpg

2w2lstv.jpg

9suk5v.jpg

they're a lot more "fitted" than i had expected, but after it stretched out, they're pretty dam comfy...luckily, i can pull these jeans off

This has probably been asked before, but is there a sure way to know whether the denim is sanforized or unsanforized? Is there a feel, a look, a difference? Ordo you just know from what the brand told of those jeans that it is or isn't sanforizeD?

so my girl wants a pair of raw denim jeans. Anyone have any clue on womens raw denim? Any brands to stay away from or that i should consider?

edit: so people are complaining about the smell of my jeans and are threatening to steal them from me and wash them. They don't even smell that badI've only had em for a month. Anyway, is there anyway to get rid of the smell? Is it possible to get them dry cleaned?

finally got a pair of MIJ 19 cm's, my second pair of Diors. Me and a couple friends ended up driving to chicago and staying there for a day, I hate itthat there is no place to buy these in Minneapolis
frown.gif

Dude at Barneys was an idiot, he said only the LA and NY stores carried the MIJ's, so I just bought the 19's that I assumed were MII without evenlooking at the tag(we had been awake for like 30 hours straight at this point). When I got home, I looked at the tag and sure enough, they were MIJ lol.

picked up another pair of STF's today. only problem i have with them is 36 fits perfect around the waist but kind of baggy. and 34 was waay to small aroudnthe waist. wat other brands makes similar jeans but a little more fitted?

does anyone know where to get a nice pair of black slim-straight jeans for a decent price ? i've been looking around levis but their jean selections seemto only run in shades of blue

Originally Posted by Blazinbama

Air Murphy, how much do those Diors run for? Got any more pics?

they were 3 something, but they're gonna be my everyday jeans; I'm in love with the fit.

the made in italy were 100 cheaper I think.

I'll take some more pictures tonight, though.

Lefty- i have been to the shop before around winter time, i will probably back in to look at APC's come summer time when i get some spending money.
Nice pickup Air Murphy

hamez....nice
hopefully we have your size left in one of the three cuts. at this pace, we will be out by summertime.
and due to way distribution apc is dealing, it will be sorta weird, kinda hard to explain.

Back
Top Bottom