*| | Denim _ School | |*

Anyone familiar with Acne denim? Whats the difference between ace and max? I want a tapered fit jean but i dont want it skin tight.

Ace is slimmer and tighter Max is tapered to slim fit. It all depends on your legs. I say try them both on. Either way Acne is one of the GOAT denim.

anyone else here love BLK Denim's black denim?

Yes. Just picked up a couple pairs of BLK Denim. Great for sale price, but IMO not worth retail.

Make sure to soak da crotch to strengthen the weft and help to prevent a blowout. Doesn't look like you going crazy on wear so I would hope they last a year+ asides from the notorious crotch blowout.

Ace is slimmer and tighter Max is tapered to slim fit. It all depends on your legs. I say try them both on. Either way Acne is one of the GOAT denim.
Yes. Just picked up a couple pairs of BLK Denim. Great for sale price, but IMO not worth retail.
Thanks bro. Sucks that i dont have any retailer near me selling acne jeans so i cant really try them on. I might just order them on mrporter since i have a store credit.

Thanks bro. Sucks that i dont have any retailer near me selling acne jeans so i cant really try them on. I might just order them on mrporter since i have a store credit.

Mr. Porter has free returns. So just order both and return the jeans you don't like.

Why do people sweat crotch blowout so bad? There's plenty of professional repair around. I Personally dig the look of darner repair or whatever it's calls

Make sure to soak da crotch to strengthen the weft and help to prevent a blowout. Doesn't look like you going crazy on wear so I would hope they last a year+ asides from the notorious crotch blowout.

Soak the crotch of my jeans in warm or cold water? Had them for about 7 months now and thinking about giving them the first wash. Surprisingly though, they dont smell. Or should i just wait til the first year mark?

Last edited:
Lol we just soaking crotches now? :lol:

Swear you guys just need to wear your jeans

Soak the crotch of my jeans in warm or cold water? Had them for about 7 months now and thinking about giving them the first wash. Surprisingly though, they dont smell. Or should i just wait til the first year mark?

If you're about to wash, obviously don't bother soaking. Fading is usually faster after the first wash so up to you. I usually wash cold, inside out, and with woolite dark. Take them out before the spin cycle on your machine too.

And soaking the crotch does help to prevent blow outs if you're not washing consistently and the crotch shows signs of wear...I've gotten various repairs and I end up getting blowouts in areas around the repair.

Last edited:
shot of my APCs today. I think they're coming along just nicely, what you guys think?

I wear my PNS almost everyday too. Great pair for price point. Which apc is that ^ looks good tho. Bout to do a first soak on mine soon.

Think I'm just over a year on these FH2001's. Two cleanse soaks + the original soak. So far so good. 

Why do people sweat crotch blowout so bad? There's plenty of professional repair around. I Personally dig the look of darner repair or whatever it's calls

For me, jeans should last longer than a year before any blowouts. Just seems ridiculous to see all these expensive jeans being artificially worn down.

Good Japanese denim is a durable good. Let it wear over time.

Back
Top Bottom