*| | Denim _ School | |*

How does Rag & Bone fit? I have never owned a pair of raw denim but after reading this thread NT has convinced me that Raw is the truth. But I need to know how the fit of them is...I normally wear a 34 in regular jeans but i know that some people were saying that Raw denim runs large so can somebody shed some light and let me know what size to purchase. Thanks.

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Help me out...

I'm 6'3", and I have a really hard time finding denim that fits me right. Suggestions?!?

waist size and weight?  If own a pair of levis 501s, what size are they?

I'm like 205-210

36x36 in 501s. They dont have enough length at the bottom for proper stacking.

Help me out...

I'm 6'3", and I have a really hard time finding denim that fits me right. Suggestions?!?

I'm like 205-210

You're 6'3 and 36 inseam isn't long enough?  I don't know what to tell you.  The longest I have seen inseams come in is 36. 

Anybody worn SkarGorn jeans before? I'm looking at getting a couple of their skinny jeans. I usually wear a 32 to be on the safe side, but not sure whether I should size down to a 31 and see if they'll stretch out.

Has anyone worn baldwin denim? Made right here in the USA.  I normally stick with APC wanting to try a pair of these soon

I'm a size 36 waist and i'm 5'9. I have short legs and my waist size makes it look even weirder . I need brand suggestions or just advice in general on how to have a better fit. I suck at shopping for jeans/pants 
frown.gif

Here's how my STF 501s lookin' as of late. I've been wearing these everyday for the past 2 months and i don't plan on soaking these until a year or so. And these have been tailored to my fitting because they were too big originally, and they are 36 x 32. I'm 5'11" 235lb if that matters...yeah, i'm fat, 
frown.gif
Sorry for the 4S pics...

1h3url.jpg

rkmufo.jpg

after wearing selvedge the past 3 months, i have indigo on my leather car seats...how come no one advised me to buy a seat cover?

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Here's how my STF 501s lookin' as of late. I've been wearing these everyday for the past 2 months and i don't plan on soaking these until a year or so. And these have been tailored to my fitting because they were too big originally, and they are 36 x 32. I'm 5'11" 235lb if that matters...yeah, i'm fat, 
frown.gif
Sorry for the 4S pics...
Bro, did you not soak those at all? I hope you don't plan on wearing them after your first wash/soak...

Originally Posted by dyyhard

after wearing selvedge the past 3 months, i have indigo on my leather car seats...how come no one advised me to buy a seat cover?

Tell me about it... I have white leather with a bunch of indigo stains..

Originally Posted by Lorizzle

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

frown.gif
Sorry for the 4S pics...
Bro, did you not soak those at all? I hope you don't plan on wearing them after your first wash/soak...
Nah, i didn't because i probably won't wear them after the first soak/wash.

I'm like 205-210

You're 6'3 and 36 inseam isn't long enough?  I don't know what to tell you.  The longest I have seen inseams come in is 36. 
im 6'4 and wear a 36 inseam in jeans and have no problems with it

What color are your seats?  I'm lucky since my car has black leather seats but if I look close enough i'll probably see some blue tint on them.
My jeans don't really bleed like I thought they would.  The indigo has only gotten on the white laces of my sneakers.  Nothing on my white t-shirts and not even on my white leather couches.

^ Tan...just bought a car seat cover which I never liked having. but it serves its purpose.

Also how to you store/hang/fold selvedge denim after you are done wearing them?

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Tell me about it... I have white leather with a bunch of indigo stains..
gray leather for me. Can this come out easily with some cleaner?

I am looking for a new denim. 
I like my denim stiff.

So I iron them with staflo with no dilution of water. 

I see guys in here are wearing their denim for months to a year straight. 

Once the stiffness wears off I wash them and re-iron. 

I like the new denim feel.

So, I dont want them to fade either. 

So, can dry cleaning (with use of green chemicals) preserve the denim the way I like?

SEXIH07BK....lost count really prior, but they've been worn for the past 2 months straight now:

Cris.

Sup NT ? So after reading alooooot , I am considering getting a realllly nice pair of jeans, and I think i have an idea of what I want.. Based on what ive read though, you should probably try the jeans on first. I live in the DC area, so im sure there are plenty of places that sell quality jeans, but the problem is... I dont know where? So anyone know any good places in the DMV to get high quality jeans at a low price? Thankss

Roy's Jeans - The Cone Mills Project - Straight & Narrow Fits

Roy Slaper is back with his first denim jean release in many months. This long overdue set of jeans is made up of a custom fabric from Cone Mills made exactly to Roy's specs. This is the first time in over three decades that Cone has produced an unsanforized fabric for anybody, and therefore we feel that this is history in the making. 

The denim is a loomstate unsanforized indigo denim that clocks in at 13oz per square yard in it's raw state. The fabric has a slight gray-cast to it and feels far heavier than it's stated weight due to it's weave and loomstate nature. 

The jeans themselves come in two fits, both a slim and a straight leg. Both silhouettes are slightly modified from past iterations of Roy's straight and slim fits. 

Never content with just "doing another run", Roy has improved and tweaked everything surrounding the production of these jeans. The stitching of the body is even finer and more accurate and we love the fully lined back pockets and coin pocket; i don't believe we've ever seen a lined coin pocket on a pair of jeans before. The rear pocket hems now have a hand-done welt in them, mimicking the vintage style belt-loops found on many of the best Japanese brands. And last but not least the back pockets have been slightly reduced in size from past versions.

Jeans from Roy don't come often and we can't keep them in stock as long as we'd like, so if you've been waiting for a pair, now is the time. 

Both these new jeans will go on sale at all three Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Thursday December 22nd, the jeans will also go on sale in our online store at 9am (PST) the same day. Check the online store for more photos, measurements, and far far more specifications than you can possibly need for a pair of jeans.

Roy RS03 - Straight Leg

Roy RN03 - Narrow Leg

bruh thats common denim knowledge...I mean you wear them with sneakers right?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

bruh thats common denim knowledge...I mean you wear them with sneakers right?
just started wearing selvedge recently, so I did see the ink on my sneakers. didn't take into account non-black car seats
ohwell.gif

can someone school me on raw denim? I need to up my jeans game I've been with Levis all my life and wanted to try something new, I don't like the "skinny look" but I do want something fitted or tapered. Any suggestions for brands to look out for online and in stores? thanks

Bought my first pair of raw/selvedge yesterday, naked and famous skinny guys in broken twill indigo. Also got a non-dry pair in black. Excited!!

Back
Top Bottom