*| | Denim _ School | |*

I need someone to school me on jeans, and i know there are some knowledgeable denim heads on here.

I'm looking for something different, unique and original in style. I'm tired of just the plain ol' denim jeans, but I don't want any of thosecrazy pocket embroideries.

I guess pricing should be between $65-350? Cheaper the better, but im not willing to sacrifice quality for a few dollars.

I was looking at LA Denim because I saw a nice pair that I regret not buying in Cali...I looked everywhere online and couldn't find any sites that soldthem, and I don't think there are any retailers in Houston. Where's the best place in acquiring these? I checked ebay, and they have a very smallselection that I'm not even sure is authentic.

So can I get some help with LA Denim and what else should I be looking for? APC, Nudie, Lucky, se7ven, evisu?

if i have time tomorrow, i'll make a denim knowledge thread. it'll take about a solid hour of hardcore copy + paste and intense typing, but if there isenough support for it i'll definitely make one.

get a pair of apc's, wear 'em. see if you'd like to continue to learn and "invest" in denim. it's great denim and they are at pricethat wont kill you if you decide denim is not your thing

^^^^whats wrong with asking a pool of experienced individuals what they know best?? isnt that what an online community is for??

DO NOT SPEND 330 ON NUDIES FOR YOUR FIRST MAJOR DENIM PURCHASE, most nudies dont even cost near that much anyway

everybody is capable of going to the store and finding a pair that they like. If he wants something unique then hell get what he likes. he obviously knows allthe brands....so go to the store try them on and see what u like

everybody is capable of going to the store and finding a pair that they like. If he wants something unique then hell get what he likes. he obviously knows all the brands....so go to the store try them on and see what u like
same thing could be said for shoes but we all come here for information as well...

not to mention if dude is about to spend 300 on some jeans he better do some research and find out what to look for apposed to being overwhelmed in the storeand makes a couple of noobie mistakes like:
not sizing down,
buying simply because its selvage,
buying one wash instead of raw,
having your jeans hemmed b4 your first wash or soak!
not pre-soaking!!
buying seven jeans!!!

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

if i have time tomorrow, i'll make a denim knowledge thread. it'll take about a solid hour of hardcore copy + paste and intense typing, but if there is enough support for it i'll definitely make one.
if that happens, i'll be tuning in and asking mad questions. i need new jeans badly.

Originally Posted by NikeStatus

I'm looking for something different, unique and original in style
then go out there and find what U like.....Dont ask a community of people whats cool

I'm not asking what's cool. I'm just trying to get some input from others' experiences, and maybe learn a thing or two about denim duringthe process.

Yamakazi, I'd be really grateful if you could shed some light on this subject, and I'm sure a good number of others would benefit as well. Kudosand cookies will be involved if you do!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by cs02132

Originally Posted by fingerollin

avoid true religions at all cost

Why is that?

terrible quality

hideous stitching

they're made in some back alley factory in turkey on shoddy looms and they claim to have "fine" quality (laughable)
ed hardy, vondutch, true religion all under the same tree of eventual ridicule
you can literally get dozens of other brand jeans that put them to shame from every standpoint you could think of.

and after all that 250+ for a pair of jeans that wont last me a couple of washes? no sir

and lastly most cats who rock these only rock because when other people see the gaudy stitching they'll know they paid good money too look as foolish asthey do

Why is that?

terrible quality

hideous stitching

they're made in some back alley factory in turkey on shoddy looms and they claim to have "fine" quality (laughable)
you can literally get dozens of other brand jeans that put them to shame from every standpoint you could think of.

and after all that 250+ for a pair of jeans that wont last me a couple of washes? no sir

and lastly most cats who rock these only rock because when other people see the gaudy stitching they'll know they paid good money too look as foolish as they do
Hmm. I could have sworn I saw "MADE IN USA" on the tag.

But you're right about the pricing in comparison to other brands.

I have personally found 575 Denim to be good quality.

Originally Posted by tecca nena

^^^^whats wrong with asking a pool of experienced individuals what they know best?? isnt that what an online community is for??
It is. That just so happens to be one of their forte's....

true religion is the worse. that has to be a trend. even the logo tells u not to buy that trash

Why is that?

terrible quality

hideous stitching

and lastly most cats who rock these only rock because when other people see the gaudy stitching they'll know they paid good money too look as foolish as they do
Wow.. you learn something new everyday..

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

I need someone to school me on jeans, and i know there are some knowledgeable denim heads on here.

I'm looking for something different, unique and original in style. I'm tired of just the plain ol' denim jeans, but I don't want any of those crazy pocket embroideries.

I guess pricing should be between $65-350? Cheaper the better, but im not willing to sacrifice quality for a few dollars.

I was looking at LA Denim because I saw a nice pair that I regret not buying in Cali...I looked everywhere online and couldn't find any sites that sold them, and I don't think there are any retailers in Houston. Where's the best place in acquiring these? I checked ebay, and they have a very small selection that I'm not even sure is authentic.

So can I get some help with LA Denim and what else should I be looking for? APC, Nudie, Lucky, se7ven, evisu?

to answer the question at hand, you should look for something raw as it will be totally unique to you the more you wear and depending on how you treat'em. apc are the best to begin with because the make them up to a 36 and they are vanity sized and they strech ALOT so they can actually accomodate waistsfrom 26-40 they all come in a blue indigo wash but the New Standards are now made in black
pimp.gif
Nudies are great if you are going for a very precise look asthey have somewhere in the range of 10-12 styles all with differents fits. the apc's will run you about 150+(keep in mind your almost sure have to get themhemmed unless you like the bunching effect) nudies will be anywhere between 150-260 depending on the ones you get. i hate evisus but i wouldn't direct youaway from them because i dont like them, im sure someone else could shed some more light on evisu and evisu heritage for you. Lucky, seven. mavi. diesel, truereligions are to be avoided. The more you learn, the more you'll agree with my last statement. I hear uniqlo makes a decent denim but i haven't seen ortried them myself as of right now. sugarcane, flathead, ironheart, pbj, rrl, are all great brands but i recommend you start with something cheaper like theafore mentioned before you blow 300+ on jeans without know all the particulars and what exactly you're looking for, i can almost gaurantee that everyonegets the wrong size when they first buy a pair of raw jeans so dont make it an expensive mistake. im sure yamazaki will come lay down some more knowledge(noohsnapps) but i can help you out in the meantime

hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom