*| | Denim _ School | |*

I really need decent denim in that $125-$175 category.
What name brands fit tall skinny dudes? I am 6 ft 5 - 200 lbs :smh:
Any names worth chasing come black Friday?

Karmaloop, n&f weird guys. They have a 38" inseam I believe. Easy to find 20% off codes online too

Does one of the n&f cuts have a 38"? I could've sworn I read somewhere one did...

I almost had to send back my slim guys because of the inseam, fit me Ike highwaters til they replaced a little

feels good to be back after a week of suspension. these are beauties :pimp:
I remember getting my NS for about under a hundred bucks at this place called GreyOne but the price for them increased over the years. I think the ones they sell today don't have the button. I'll probably post my APCs in the future, I've had them since '05
1ovamp.jpg
they don't i bought a new pair 3 years ago i think and it didn't come with the button..:smh: the price did increase too. think i paid around 175 almost nearing 200 for em.

Should be seeing a pair of 3sixteen ST100x in the mail soon. Was gonna go with the RRL slims but couldn't catch my size.

Does one of the n&f cuts have a 38"? I could've sworn I read somewhere one did...
I almost had to send back my slim guys because of the inseam, fit me Ike highwaters til they replaced a little
skinny guys might be close. but even those i think have a 36 or 37 inch inseam

I've actually seen someone who altered their RRL slim bootcuts into a taper leg and they came out nicely.

If you don't like the wide leg, go for it. I think it's like $25 at self-edge.

Last edited:
got these RRL slim bootcut bout mid September.. barely wore em. I think they look weird since I wear a 36 :wow:

Just get them tapered. How do they run?
they run cool, i originally wear a 36 but got a 36 because I thought that it would be too tight (plus won them on ebay). i can feel a bit of stretch but I'm not tripping over it. the wide leg isn't that bad but certain shoes I wear make the back of the jeans drag bad.
I've actually seen someone who altered their RRL slim bootcuts into a taper leg and they came out nicely.

If you don't like the wide leg, go for it. I think it's like $25 at self-edge.
thanks for the info man. do you have picture of the altered RRL slim bootcuts?

not pictured but it has this design on the front pockets

iqfpzq.jpg

thought it was 'cowboy' like :lol:

they run cool, i originally wear a 36 but got a 36 because I thought that it would be too tight (plus won them on ebay). i can feel a bit of stretch but I'm not tripping over it. the wide leg isn't that bad but certain shoes I wear make the back of the jeans drag bad. thanks for the info man. do you have picture of the altered RRL slim bootcuts?
not pictured but it has this design on the front pockets
iqfpzq.jpg

thought it was 'cowboy' like :lol:

here you go. some dude on the hypebeast forums. weird they don't have the little front pocket design stitching on them tho. i'm just taking his word that he had them altered.

Last edited:
Just snagged a pair of RRL slims for the low low. Might have to alter them an inch or two but couldn't pass on the price. Will post fit pics
when they arrive :smokin

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of Unbranded UB201's...tapered

Currently rocking premium raw Levi's that have the fit like 514s, im looking for a little skinnier which the UB's seem to be and want something durable

For around $80 they seem to be a good buy, anyone got any insight? Are there other brands that compete with the fit and finish in that price range?

Style forum buy sell actually. I was just about to pull the trigger on a pair via ebay when I ran across someone selling my size brand new. I'm excited for them.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of Unbranded UB201's...tapered

Currently rocking premium raw Levi's that have the fit like 514s, im looking for a little skinnier which the UB's seem to be and want something durable

For around $80 they seem to be a good buy, anyone got any insight? Are there other brands that compete with the fit and finish in that price range?

UB201's or even the skinny's are probably the fit you're looking for. Personally the only thing I didn't like about UB's was the fit because I'm tall and the jeans just didn't fit me well at all. But as far as quality UB's are a pretty good budget buy, although if you have the cash I'd go with a pair of naked & famous to start out.

Been wearing my RRL Slims rigids literally everyday since 03/15/2012 and i must say this. After wearing APC rescues & NS, Nudie RR, and N & F these take FOREVER to show wear, in comparison of course.

they are of decent construction though. only 2 small holes so far. had crotch blowouts on my nudies and APCs in much less time. plan on washing them at the end of december which would mark about 270 of consecutive wear. want to cop some Samurai 710xx around new years.

I wore a pair of RRL low straights one wash (basically raw before the unwashed rigid was available) for over a year before washing and the fading was subtle. RRL denim in general is notorious for being difficult to fade.

Back
Top Bottom