*| | Denim _ School | |*

Just grabbed my FH3009's from the tailor after getting them hemmed (which I normally wouldn't do but these will be worn for denim appropriate professional meetings, etc.). 

Pic of the Engineer Boots:

If your ish is stinking real bad maybe try shaving where da sun don't shine. Or wipe better? If you're consistently biking in them most likely you will need to wash more. The wash will help prevent blow outs from the extra stress on your jeans too. 1969s are pretty hard to fade anyways.

If your ish is stinking real bad maybe try shaving where da sun don't shine. Or wipe better? If you're consistently biking in them most likely you will need to wash more. The wash will help prevent blow outs from the extra stress on your jeans too. 1969s are pretty hard to fade anyways.

son said i should shave and wipe :lol:

A cold water wash with Woolite did the trick.

First signs of fading on the back pockets of my 1.5-2 month old N&F Skinny Guy Broken Twills (33).

fbg9scC.jpg

YMWoYpd.jpg

So I walked into Levi's today just to check out stuff for my girl. I ask if they had any selvedge 501's and I'm expecting the usual no. But she had one pair someone returned, in my exact size. It was meant to be so I instacopped. I guess I didn't notice how dramatic my fading has been over the years until I had a side by side of a brand new unworn pair.

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier... how's the waist sizing on River Island jeans? Do they run small or relatively standard? Looking at the Sid Skinny jean.

I just copped some Unbranded 201s. I've heard/read that theyre a solid "starter" brand for raw denim.

You fellas have any input? Experience?

Unbrandeds suck imo. Skinny & slim cuts are tight af and the pockets can't even fit a flip phone in them :x I'd save my money & cop something else

I just copped some Unbranded 201s. I've heard/read that theyre a solid "starter" brand for raw denim.

You fellas have any input? Experience?

I've heard/read decent things about them. Biggest gripe I've read about them is the small pockets. But I've seen pics of people getting some pretty good fades out of them. And for the price point I'm sure they'll be pretty good

Unbranded fade pretty quick. I'm not sure if they fixed the pocket length already. I have the UB288 and the pocket length is wide and long. The 288 is a sample pair for the pronto carnival. Mine aren't all that skinny and is their tapered cut.

My issues so far are the back rise and button fly. I have a lil extra room in the waist which may be causing my jeans to slip when I sit down. I have never had this issue with other jeans, but most of my jeans have fit snug at the waist. Another issue is the button fly, it's pretty short and hard to use a urinal. Basically the crotch is a little high despite it being a midrise jean. Japan blue's can be had for a similar price on denimio. As a starter jean it isn't too bad as you don't really know what you like/want yet.

For reference I've had apc, sexi08 bk, s710xx, and momotaro 0605-50s.

Unbranded fade pretty quick. I'm not sure if they fixed the pocket length already. I have the UB288 and the pocket length is wide and long. The 288 is a sample pair for the pronto carnival. Mine aren't all that skinny and is their tapered cut.

My issues so far are the back rise and button fly. I have a lil extra room in the waist which may be causing my jeans to slip when I sit down. I have never had this issue with other jeans, but most of my jeans have fit snug at the waist. Another issue is the button fly, it's pretty short and hard to use a urinal. Basically the crotch is a little high despite it being a midrise jean. Japan blue's can be had for a similar price on denimio. As a starter jean it isn't too bad as you don't really know what you like/want yet.

For reference I've had apc, sexi08 bk, s710xx, and momotaro 0605-50s.
I've only worn them a few times so far, but the pockets do seem a bit short. Its not much of an issue to be honest though, since I like the look of them. The button fly is a bit of a pain in the *** but I figured it'd loosen up as I broke them in. 

Thanks for the input overall, I'll keep Japan Blues in mind for my next pair. 

Copped some black All Saints denim right now for $87. They have 20% off everything including sale items.

Back
Top Bottom