*| | Denim _ School | |*

Sorry but if you're over 6'2 and somewhat slim Levis just dont look right...I have to spend more money for the fits I want and shrinking is so chancyit doesn't make sense. I've gone to big and tall stores just to see how their denim fits and 35, 36, 36.5 length still looks odd with levis...anymodels y'all recommend other than stf's and 501?

501s are cheap in price and quality but #%$% it I'm in college...and they get the job done
pimp.gif

just picked up a pair of grey and two kinght stf's. Need a pair or two more of the grey and a pair of khakis. Love the greys.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Can somebody tell me which Levi's are the raw denim kind?

So far ive only bought the 514's but im looking for the rigid jeans
514 "Rigid" is NOT raw denim. I don't care what Levis says, how the advertise it, etc... Get a pair of 514s, throw them in a bucket of water, and you will quickly be able to tell by the lack of indigo loss that they have been pre-washed at some point. The new 514 imprints are a different story, but since you want "RAW" (this word is getting so overused that it has almost lost its true meaning) your choices as far as men's levis are the 514 imprints, the 501 STF line, and then alot of the jeans in their LVC line (which besides old stock isn't currently being offered in the US until spring 10'). I believe there are a couple of Capital E's that are raw as well, but I don't mess with those and don't really know the product line that well.

My suggestion if you are new to the whole raw jeans thing would be to get a pair of STFs, soak them, and then wear them for as long as you can before a wash. It gives you an opportunity to see if the whole denim deal is for you, and if you decide that the dedication isn't worth it you are only out $50. Beyond the imprints and STFs you are looking at dropping a couple hundred generally on any of levis other raw offerings, and unless you are specifically into levis history there are probably brands that you would be happier with (Nudies/APC/Prps/Etc.) for less money.
yea i copped the 501's and soaked them yesterday. They look way better now but they didnt turn out the way i wanted them to. I was expectingthe legs to get alot slimmer than they are now, the only major change was the length. Imma just work with these now though. Ill probably buy some Nudies lateron down the line

chitown4eva wrote:
just picked up a pair of grey and two kinght stf's. Need a pair or two more of the grey and a pair of khakis. Love the greys.
pimp.gif

I may have to pick up some when I go to San Diego this winter. Sometimes living in Japan can have it's disadvantages

I need some jeans that are wider in the thighs. I cant deal with jeans made for chicken legs. Anyone got any reccomendations??

my bf got a pair of those levi 501 STF the other day, I was wondering is he supposed to do anything to them first or can he just wear them like normal?

jay zoe2 wrote:
I may have to pick up some when I go to San Diego this winter. Sometimes living in Japan can have it's disadvantages
Blasphemy... Especially if you are into denim!

As far as wearing the STFs goes, you can do anything you want with them, just keep in mind they will shrink about 10% (1-2" in the waist, 2-3" in theinseam generally) after you finally wash them or get them good and wet. Alot of people soak them because IMO the current 501 fits like garbage before you shinkthem down, but some people are looking for the baggy/shiny/hard denim look. If he loves them now, he probably isn't going to dig them once they get out ofthe wash. They will turn out a fair amount different.

Originally Posted by darrel327

I need some jeans that are wider in the thighs. I cant deal with jeans made for chicken legs. Anyone got any reccomendations??
What type of jeans are you looking for? Raw selvedge? Pre washed? Price range?

Originally Posted by AAclaire420

my bf got a pair of those levi 501 STF the other day, I was wondering is he supposed to do anything to them first or can he just wear them like normal?

They are jeans. Wear them.
laugh.gif

haha of course 10 piece, he bought them just to wear.... I just read up towards the top of this page something about soaking them?
I wasnt sure if this was something you are suuposed to do and the guy at the levi store just didnt say anything about it or what
My suggestion if you are new to the whole raw jeans thing would be to get a pair of STFs, soak them, and then wear them for as long as you can before a wash

anyways he only bought them because they were like 30 bucks at the outlet and they looked pretty good ...I didnt even realize till I got home that one of thethree pairs he bought were STF

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

chitown4eva wrote:
pimp.gif

wat? you're doing it wrong
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

chitown4eva wrote:
pimp.gif

smh.gif

Seriously. lol

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

chitown4eva wrote:
pimp.gif

smh.gif

I meant as far as Levis (or other American brands). What you guys pay $35 for, I pay $90. Plus, most of the levis stores in Tokyo rarely go pass a size 36, soI can't even try on the jeans and get a good comparision to order it cheaper from the U.S. Levis on-line store. Of course, on the flipside, I pay retailor below for Japanese demin/brands. It has its advantages, but I just get a little tired of the mark up on U.S. products out here.

Back
Top Bottom