*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I washed my Nudies after a year of wearing them...I didn't soak them so they have almost little to no fades, creases
frown.gif

you don't have to soak em for nudies, nudies are already sanforized (pre shrunk).  what color and model are they?  are they black?  blacks take much longer, and looser cuts also take longer, too.

I'm not "educated" in jeans but bear with me.

If I wear a size 34x30 in Levi's 501 what size should I get in 511s and 514s? Should I stick to my size 34x30 or should I up a size in 511s and 514s?

Originally Posted by laosluv

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by laosluv

does anyone know what model nudies fit most like apc rescues?

Average Joes
Dead on comparison.
i actually have a pair of average joes and they are a lot tighter than my rescues.. especially in the calf area..
I too have both, and I think it's the opposite for me.   The waist and the thighs are dead on, but the leg opening on my APC Rescues are a lot wider.

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

If I wear a size 34x30 in Levi's 501 what size should I get in 511s and 514s? Should I stick to my size 34x30 or should I up a size in 511s and 514s?

nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

Same for 514s.

Dont get 511s unless you are a slim guy.

34x30 doesnt sound slim.

514s=same or 1 size up from 501
511=2-3 sizes up.

For reference I'm a natural 32, but I wear 31s in 501s and 514s (so they stretch out for an exact fit) and 33s in 511s

Again, I'm not usually big on the shamless plugs, but if anyone here needs APCs, check out the link below. We can't sell APCs directly online, but I can easily process anything for you through paypal or phone orders.

Right now we have a decent amount of NS and Rescues in stock, and a limited amount of PS and NC. I gotta take care of my NTers, so let me know you're from here and I can throw you the 20% off online discount we've been giving out (DUANECAUSWELL)

PM me or email burn@luckyleftys.com

ok I got a question what type of jeans fit regular on the hip and thigh area but are tight around the leg and ankle area?

I need some jeans that don't go over my polo rangers buckle when I don't feel like tucking them in

I tried Levis 514 but the leg is straight and has no type of fit to it, I'm looking for something similar to this

^ try levi 511 i know that u dont want skinny jeans but i dont either. i actually got a size up and i love the fit of them. the thigh area has enough space. and hte bottom has enough to go over som jeans or over the ranger boots becasue i plan on buying 1. btw are those nudie even stevens organic in your pic

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

ok I got a question what type of jeans fit regular on the hip and thigh area but are tight around the leg and ankle area?

I need some jeans that don't go over my polo rangers buckle when I don't feel like tucking them in

I tried Levis 514 but the leg is straight and has no type of fit to it, I'm looking for something similar to this
Yeah 511 works but the type of jeans you are talking about are "Tapered" jeans.  If your looking into raws then Urban Outfitters carry some if not then 511 sized up are good

I actually have those and loving them so far, they're good for raw denim noobs.

They are made by Naked & Famous also, basically Urban Outfitters were begging N&F to let them sell their jeans at UO.

Brandon Svarc, the creator of N&F denim, didn't want to so the Unbranded raw denim was the deal they made with UO

Originally Posted by eeibaby

They are made by Naked & Famous also, basically Urban Outfitters were begging N&F to let them sell their jeans at UO.

Brandon Svarc, the creator of N&F denim, didn't want to so the Unbranded raw denim was the deal they made with UO

do you know if the unbranded jeans stretch a lot?

i wear 28s in APC NS, so im looking at unbranded tapered at UO

do you think i should get a 28 or 29 waist

Depending on your build, I had to go true to size because of my thighs but I also have seen other people go down 2 sizes no problem.

I've had them for about 2 months and theres no stretching, that also because it has triple stitching on the waist so I'm pretty sure they will not stretch.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by kien

Cincybcats - selfedge.com /// denimbaronline.com /// contextclothing.com (i think those are the sites off the top of my head)

Lalph Rauren - it depends on what your definition of "best jeans" is in terms of fit, quality, and material, and "best price" is based on how much you're willing to spend

Presumed - APC's are gonna run you about $165 (based on the comments stated recently in this thread) I know they used to run $140, but just base your price off of that...contextclothing has it for $155 (just checked)

Mycold - if you're comparing NS** and NC, NC is tighter/slimmer, not sure what PS is

kix4kix - id look into nudie slim jims, that might be the "tad bit" tighter youre looking for

nolanDW - id try to get the crease out with some steam like a hot steam shower or something and then just throw them on soon after and hopefully you can just wear the crease out; other then that i don't have any other suggestions,
ohwell.gif
let me know how that works for you though. my aunt washed and dried my slim jims
mad.gif
and i've yet to wear them again, it just lost its sheen and black coat and didn't feel the same, hopefully yours turn out alright

petite standard.....petite something lol.....
oh yea, petite standards.  those would be tighter for sure

haha u know why they didnt want to put their name on it?

Originally Posted by crod6926

can anyone recommend me some light jeans under 70 bucks?
Levis 501 "Light Mist"

Sorry, I'm a 501 junkie. most people here are 511 and 514 heads...but to represent myself here, that's my recommendation
glasses.gif

Anyone here got a good selection of 501s?

We just received a full restock of all Iron Heart jeans, wallets, belts, Lined Heavy Chambray shirts, and the reduced price down jackets:http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=71A full Imperial jean restock has also just come in:http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=33Both Denim Books by Lightning Magazine are here:http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=80Finally got a restock of all of Rin Tanaka's books:http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=81Sling & Stones 2010 line of women's jeans are here:http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=69Huge Mister Freedom Restock with ALL Chambray shirts, Bronco Champ Jackets, Rider's Dungarees, scarves, denim riders caps:http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=74Also, last but not least a new natural indigo dyed slub chambray shirt from Dry Bones:http://www.selfedge.com/s...h=72&products_id=334
dbshirt_01_04.jpg

Originally Posted by streetballa2311

haha u know why they didnt want to put their name on it?

In a way I guess you can say they didn't want to "sell out" thats why they came up with "unbranded"

These Acne Max jeans look awesome.
bgtt0m.jpg

When I bought them online, I thought my Nudie Slim Jims (Dry Coated Black) would fit similar to these. My other pair of SJs fit similar to these, but I sized down 1 in the waist. I can't believe there is such a huge difference between the 31 & 32 waist cuts. Here is a pic of my dry coated blacks, size 32.

2hx59ck.jpg

Back
Top Bottom