*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Tawakaltee

Is this the right thread for this?
Okay I bought some Levi 501's shrink to fit blue denims from the store size 34W, 36L, ( I wear 32W,32L) Went home as usual took about a 20-30 hot shower with them on, walked around and let them dry on me, for the last 10 minutes i put them in the dryer on high to get the perfect results. I took them out and the fit was perfect it was just that the length was a little bit too long like it kept sliding underneath my shoes and i kept pulling them up so they didn't get underneath my shoes and all that dirty mess. Thank goodness the store excepted the exchange eventhough I had shrunk them already, this time I got a size 34 W, 34 L ( No 35L in stock Sad). My question is what should I do so that the length in this one doesn't become shorter than I wanted it to be and by the way I am going for a size 32,32 thats the perfect fit for me.....any suggestions?
i wouldve kept the 34x36 and just hemmed it a little bit, you can always shorten the length but you can never lengthen it

Is this the right thread for this?
Okay I bought some Levi 501's shrink to fit blue denims from the store size 34W, 36L, ( I wear 32W,32L) Went home as usual took about a 20-30 hot shower with them on, walked around and let them dry on me, for the last 10 minutes i put them in the dryer on high to get the perfect results. I took them out and the fit was perfect it was just that the length was a little bit too long like it kept sliding underneath my shoes and i kept pulling them up so they didn't get underneath my shoes and all that dirty mess. Thank goodness the store excepted the exchange eventhough I had shrunk them already, this time I got a size 34 W, 34 L ( No 35L in stock Sad). My question is what should I do so that the length in this one doesn't become shorter than I wanted it to be and by the way I am going for a size 32,32 thats the perfect fit for me.....any suggestions?

how much do naked and famous jeans stretch out?? I recently bought a pair of wierd guy naked and famous jeans and I can easily button the top button... will they stretch out alot more?

Originally Posted by IchewU

how much do naked and famous jeans stretch out?? I recently bought a pair of wierd guy naked and famous jeans and I can easily button the top button... will they stretch out alot more?

How much did you size down? The stretch about 1 up.

The New Real Japan Blues 106BSP JeanHailing from Nagano, Japan.. Real Japan Blues is known for their psychotic ways of producing even the simplest of garments. They take everything from western shirts to five pocket jeans and create them in an entirely new way using fabrics that impress even the most seasoned garment junkie.The new version of the 106BSP jean is a slim fit jean with a straight leg. They've added back pocket lining, new arcuate stitching, and a very impressive new method of extending the life on the front pockets which we've never seen on a pair of jeans before. They've hand felled a secondary piece of denim on the inside opening of the front pockets and stitched it with cotton/poly thread, a true evolution for the way jeans are constructed. We're quite into the cuts because we feel there is a gap in the Japanese denim market for jeans that aren't exactly reproductions but have a heavy nod to the Rockabilly days of the late 1950's, jeans that make you look like you're Marlon Brando or James Dean but aren't really the cuts they were wearing fifty years ago. A combination of the denim, leg silhouettes, tags, and knife pocket. The denim on these is a denim developed by Flat Head only for Real Japan Blues which has impressed us here to say the least. It's similar to Flat Head's 3XXX denim in terms of how hairy it becomes after the first soak but has a deeper indigo color straight off. The dye method yields an extremely high contrast fade which we'd only seen this intense before on Flat Head's denim, yet it's quite different considering it's pure indigo and the cotton is from Zimbabwe. Modeled by Cesar Ramos of Mission Hill Saloon and shot by Sidney Lo.The Real Japan Blues 106BSP jean is available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store under RJB. Check the online store for a full spec list, hi-res photos, and more information.http://www.selfedge.com/s...h=76&products_id=395The New Real Japan Blues 106BSPRJB 106BSP Jeans.Worn for 15 Months.

Originally Posted by yancancook90

so the fastest fading denim is made by Flat Head right?

Real Japan Blues (RJB) and Flat Head, they're both the same company.

so i finally went to try on some NCs and PSes.

store over here are selling for 230 + 15% tax
indifferent.gif

thinking of buying from keepsupply or some other site...they sell em for 165 everywhere....

any canadians have any experience buying from american sites?? [duties and all that jazz]

How do the New cures and petite standards fit?
Also what's the retail price?
I'm a size 32 in gap jeans
want something skinny but not super tight...
what tag size should I go with?

Originally Posted by Meetthahustla

How do the New cures and petite standards fit?
Really interested in them...

the new cures are more tapered.  i like both of them, but PSs are a lil more baggy, looking more streetwear.  i dont own any of these...i just tried them on a couple days ago and know which one im gonna get.  NCs.

I don't know whether you guys are familiar with this British brand, Ted Baker, but they have some pretty nice stuff - Especially denim.  I just bought this pair, and it looks promising.   The fit is comparable to a pair of APC Rescues.

Can anyone help me out?

I have a pair of UO Unbranded Denim, I've worn them about 20 times but after buying some Levi's 511's I hate the leg opening on the Unbranded denim.

Levi's 511 are usually 7" leg opening but the Unbranded are 7.5", now I'm planning on getting my UB tapered to a 7".

I was wondering is there anything else I should mention to the tailor to do ?

Self Edge x Iron Heart Dark Rider Flannel WorkshirtIron Heart produces some of the most impressive flannel material on the market, so naturally when we wanted to have our own pattern produced we went to them with the idea of producing a fabric just for us.The pattern, color, hand-feel, weight, and brush level was all laid out by Self Edge and after multiple versions we decided we had our perfect flannel material. Extremely soft, a versatile dark color, and a warm but breathable fabric round out this material that we had Iron Heart turn into their first non-snap button shirt.The Self Edge x Iron Heart Dark Rider Flannel is available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. Sizing goes from Small to XXX-Large. These were made in a limited number and will not be restocked once sold out. We've also received a full restock of all Iron Heart jeans and belts:http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=542The Self Edge x Iron Heart Dark Rider Flannel Workshirt

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Can anyone help me out?

I have a pair of UO Unbranded Denim, I've worn them about 20 times but after buying some Levi's 511's I hate the leg opening on the Unbranded denim.

Levi's 511 are usually 7" leg opening but the Unbranded are 7.5", now I'm planning on getting my UB tapered to a 7".

I was wondering is there anything else I should mention to the tailor to do ?
make sure to say "taper from the inseam" if you want to keep that selvedge line on the inside of the outseam

Ay I'm trying to get some A.P.C.s and I have some questions:

I'm 5'7 and I wear a size 31 waist in Levis 514s. What size should I get?

I want a pair that fit like the 514s but not as tight as the 511s. What model should I get?

Im a true size 32. All my jeans, and khakis are 32. Should I get size 32 A.P.C. New Standards? or should I go down to a size 30. I like the baggy look but I dont like it to be TOO baggy looking. I DO want to sag. I DO NOT want the jeans to look too tight at all. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by kangaroobombs

Ay I'm trying to get some A.P.C.s and I have some questions:

I'm 5'7 and I wear a size 31 waist in Levis 514s. What size should I get?

I want a pair that fit like the 514s but not as tight as the 511s. What model should I get?

NS

Back
Top Bottom