Denver Nuggets (10-4) 2023-24 Season Thread: 11/22 @ Magic

A big/stronger perimeter player is needed imo...AAA/Gallo/Brewer and Chandler to throw at KD,Kobe etc 
sick.gif
smokin.gif

Apparently Gallo will seek Nene money. (Deadline for an extension is the 25th) safe to say it won't happen by then.

I know I'm probably in the minority but personally I'd rather have Chandler over Affallo.

GK on Anderson

Jan 12 F Chris Andersen saw his first extended playing time in four games. Andersen has been averaging around five minutes a game for the past three games, and coach George Karl said it had to do with production. "When he's on the court right now, we're getting hammered a little bit. It's not all his fault but there are moments he's been on the court for five or six minutes where we go down eight or nine points and I bail. Sometimes I bail on someone else, but a couple of times, I bailed on Bird." Andersen responded with nine points, five rebounds and two blocks in 18 minutes. "He knows I still trust him, but we need Bird to be like Bird and find one of those energy games," Karl said.

Originally Posted by Executive76

I know I'm probably in the minority but personally I'd rather have Chandler over Affallo.

This should not be the case. Chandler is only 24. 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

This should not be the case. Chandler is only 24. 
Everyone loves Arron. He's just about maxed out his potential. Plus on offense he's really really hard to watch when he puts the ball on the floor 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Plus on offense he's really really hard to watch when he puts the ball on the floor 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I've been saying this since 2009.
roll.gif

I'd read Karl's comments on Andersen's limited playing time earlier in the week, but was still caught off guard with the DNP last night.

Nuggets
[h1]Nuggets coach Karl, backup Chris Andersen have "kissed and made up"[/h1]
Posted: 01/16/2012 01:00:00 AM MST
By Christopher Dempsey
The Denver Post

Birdman back on the court after sitting out one game

Chris Andersen caught the dreaded DNP-CD (did not play-coach's decision) Friday when the Nuggets played the Miami Heat at the Pepsi Center.

Andersen wasn't happy about it and talked to coach George Karl before Sunday's home game against Utah.

"I think we kissed and made up," Karl said.

Andersen, who had played in every game this season until Friday, had seen decreasing minutes as a result of teammates playing well — notably center Timofey Mozgov, who scored 12 points and grabbed eight rebounds against the Heat.

But, as with Andersen's minutes, past returns don't guarantee future results for any player. Karl knows that.

"Hopefully it will fall where minutes fall his way," Karl said. "If Timo plays good, someone's going to get (reduced)."

Andersen was back on the court Sunday against the Jazz. He played nearly 9½ minutes in the Nuggets' 106-96 loss, finishing with four blocked shots, two points and one rebound.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Mozgov is playing good. Nene has been up and down. Bird has been playing like garbage. Koufus played less than 3 mins in over the last 3 games.
indifferent.gif

He needs to send Affalo a message
eyes.gif
 But I guess it only applies to struggling bench players

Lopez_Nuggets Aaron J. Lopez

Fernandez did not rule out playing during #Nuggets upcoming 4-game East swing but understandably cautious about aggravating strain.

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Lopez_Nuggets Aaron J. Lopez 

#Nuggets guard Rudy Fernandez says Achilles' tendon bothered him over the summer, then improved until a few weeks ago.

Please sit 

They are crazy deep, but I think they lack a star that will take over in crunch time and in the playoffs, even if they had a second tier level star , I think they could make a run.

Excellent win! Gk needs some consistency in the lineups and Nene really needs to play better. 13 and 8 isn't enough from him and we all know it. He should give us a double double every night.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Excellent win! Gk needs some consistency in the lineups and Nene really needs to play better. 13 and 8 isn't enough from him and we all know it. He should give us a double double every night.
He should, but I don't see it happening. 2 of his 3 double-digit rebound games this season have come when he's played 38+ minutes.

Originally Posted by aepps20

They are consistently bad. Birdman got beat on about 4/5 consecutive plays gave up either fouls or layups and was in foul trouble yet he stayed with him...Koufus was having back problems, Nene was in foul trouble...no reason not to buy a few mins with Koufus
30t6p3b.gif

Nuggets News

Six-episode series will take fans behind the scenes starting Jan. 25
[h1]Nuggets to be featured on NBA TV's "The Association"[/h1]NEW YORK, Jan. 19, 2012 – NBA TV will present the third season of The Association, as the show focuses on one of only three NBA teams to have made the playoffs for the past eight seasons – the Denver Nuggets – beginning Wednesday, January 25.
Produced by NBA Entertainment (NBAE), The Association: Denver Nuggets will continue to deliver the riveting, behind-the-scenes coverage that has become a trademark of the series, providing access to the players and coaches in the locker room, on road trips and off the court. The series also continues its signature style, incorporating Denver as a character with special features that reveal the city and its fans in a new light. During previous seasons of The Association, the series spotlighted the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics.

Led by Head Coach George Karl, a basketball purist and one of the most charismatic personalities in the NBA, the Nuggets see themselves not as rebuilding – but “reinventing

Solid win but games like this and Sunday's game show me exactly why dudes on Denver stiffs and guys on Denver sports radio have no clue when it comes to basketball. They fall all over GK and talk about how this team is like a college team and how GK can yell at them and make them better. Exec, Blazers and myself all know that GK's lineups and dumb decisions are a MAJOR reason why this team is so inconsistent. One game we destroy, IMO the best team in the NBA, the next, we're taking an L at home to Utah. SMH, just disgraceful. No reason a game with the Wizards should've been this close. I don't care if it's on the road.

GK gets blinded by favoritism and small ball...Nick Young was feasting on AAA so you put Rudy on him? While Brewer sits until the 3rd.
indifferent.gif

Lawson really needs to work on finishing around the rim more 23 shots blocked already in addition to all the bunnies he misses. He could avg 20+

Al though
pimp.gif

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Liberation Sans', FreeSans, sans-serif]
[/font]

People on Stiffs are hilarious--so many of them are damn clueless. Just yesterday, I was reading a member's comments how a trade for Kevin Garnett would make the Nuggets into a serious title contender this year.
roll.gif

Decent win tonight. No, there's no way they should have a game this close with a team like Washington, but I've got to give this team credit--they don't just give up when they get down early. In past seasons, the Nuggets squads would just fold when they fell down early. Somewhat reassuring, especially since it's been happening on the road.

The sad thing is, K-Mart would be perfect for this squad. There's 0% chance he returns, though.

2012 K-Mart > 2012 KG

Kenyon would be decent but we already have one injury prone big in Nene.  You guys remember how it was with both guys on the squad. They practically played every other game.  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
KG on this squad. 

Back
Top Bottom