- Arron Afflalo (Restricted)

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]News[/color]
- Nuggets' future bright but hazy
- Nuggets' Kenyon Martin: Winning is more important than starting
- Nuggets want to build on core, keep Afflalo
- Kroenke, Ujiri face major decisions
- Nenê may opt out with Nuggets
- Nuggets make qualifying offers to Afflalo, Chandler and Forbes
- Nuggets draft Kenneth Faried then complete trade for Andre Miller and Jordan Hamilton
- Denver Nuggets' Nenê to opt out of contract, become an unrestricted free agent

this season is gonna be Jokes, give the ball to Earl get him go for 30 a night, Tye is a beast way better than "mr big shot"

Nuggets to start Shelden Williams at power forward

Posted: 10/25/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Updated: 10/25/2010 11:03:58 AM MDT

Ever since Kenyon Martin underwent knee surgery this summer, Nuggets fans — and Nuggets coaches — have wondered who would start at power forward on opening night.

Coach George Karl made it clear on media day that he prefers having Al Harrington come off the bench. On Sunday, Karl said Shelden Williams will be the starter at power forward Wednesday night against Utah at the Pepsi Center.

Harrington returned to practice Sunday after missing a couple of weeks with a left foot injury, and he should be ready to play Wednesday.

"I just want him healthy, and his instincts and professionalism will help him through this," Karl said of Harrington, who averaged 17.7 points per game for the Knicks last season. "We have minutes waiting for him. We've got to get him playing within the feel of what we're trying to do. He's got to help us win games. He's not just going to fill a hole out there."

The 6-foot-9, 250-pound Williams, who played sparingly for the Celtics last season, has had some big preseason games for the Nuggets, averaging 12.6 points and 7.9 rebounds in 27.9 minutes. Martin is expected to return around the new year, and reserve post Chris Andersen should be back by December.

Invitees make impressions.

A good half-hour after practice, Harrington was entrenched in an intense one- on-one game with Gary Forbes, trash talk and all.

Forbes, who plays guard and forward, has assimilated himself quite nicely into the team this month, and Karl suggested Sunday that Forbes and post Melvin Ely, both free-agent invitees, will make the roster.

The front office will officially make a decision on the two players today.

Forbes had arguably his best preseason game in Denver's finale, scoring 25 points at Phoenix on Friday.

"He's an NBA player," Denver forward Carmelo Anthony said. "He's got an NBA body, a guy who's willing to learn. He's just a good addition to the team."
Karl
said Forbes deserves to be on the roster, and that his intensity and scrappiness is somewhat reminiscent of former Denver defensive stalwart Dahntay Jones.
"I've always had work ethic, playing for Travis Ford at UMass," Forbes said. "It comes as second nature for me to try to always work harder than somebody else."

In the preseason, Forbes averaged 10.1 points in 19.1 minutes, and Ely, an NBA veteran, averaged 3.9 points and 3.6 rebounds in 20.1 minutes.

Injury update.

Nene (left calf strain) didn't practice and will test his injury today. Ty Lawson (left ankle) also is confident he can practice today. J.R. Smith (lower back strain) participated some at practice.

Still here.

Anthony remains a Nugget and said he's excited about opening against division rival Utah, the team that knocked Denver out of the playoffs last spring.

"With all the (trade) talk that was going around and still is going around, for me to be able to open up here against Utah, I like that," Anthony said.

After practice, the team met with Karl on the court, and the coach and Melo had a funny give-and-take.

Karl told the team that if a shot is missed, then it's a bad shot.

"So we were just trying to distinguish what is a bad shot," Anthony said. "I asked if my defender is three feet off me, if it's a bad shot. He said, 'If it doesn't go in.' "

Benjamin Hochman, The Denver Post
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_16424917#ixzz13UhHFI7U

Wow... Shelden is starting? Not really a fan of his, but it would be nice if he were able to take advantage of this opportunity.

I have a bad feeling about this season. Hopefully I'm wrong because I would want nothing more then a run at the Finals but I don't think by signing Baby Al that is going to propel you to the top of the West.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Wow... Shelden is starting? Not really a fan of his, but it would be nice if he were able to take advantage of this opportunity.
GK prefers AL coming off the bench

Shelden will do fine...he finished up nicely against PHX and this means more touches for Nene

Brickshot,AA,Marshmelo,Sheldon,Nene

Ty,AL and JR off the bench 
pimp.gif

Basically contract year for everyone...especially JR and Nene so we should see good things.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

The coaching staff has been big on him since the beginning of camp, and really want him to be more aggressive on the offensive end because they think he has great some great scoring ability.

I think he's terrible. I'm hoping if he's starting from now until mid-January (god, I never thought about it being that long
30t6p3b.gif
), that he's somewhat of an Afflalo/Jones in the sense that he'll start, but the guy "backing" him (Harrington) will get the bulk of the minutes.

[h2]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Nuggets-Karl-wants-multiyear-extension?urn=nba-279903[/h2]
[h2]Nuggets' Karl wants multiyear extension[/h2]
By Mark J. Miller

Denver Nuggets head coach George Karl only has one more year left on his contract. Though the team hasn't approached him about a contract, the 59-year-old Karl, who missed the end of last season due to throat cancer, is saying he'd like to come back next year with a multiyear extension, according to AOL FanHouse.

"I'm getting old enough to where I can [get one more] good deal. If I can't get it [in Denver], it'll be interesting to see if I can get it in the free market," Karl said, according to the site. "I'm going to live in Denver probably the rest of my life. So I think that answer [about wanting to re-sign] is yes. But it's got to be a respectful offer.''

His career coaching record is 986-671. Last year, his sixth season with the Nuggets, his team went 53-29.

Let em walk if you're gonna end up rebuilding you might as well start from scratch

[h1]Balanced scoring and a 20 pt lead
pimp.gif

[/h1][h1]
[/h1]

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Van Exel regrets pushing for trade[/h1]
spears.png

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 9 minutes ago

Nick Van Exel has been in Carmelo Anthony’s(notes) position. Nearly nine years ago, Van Exel wanted the Denver Nuggets to trade him.

They granted his wish. He now regrets it.

The star of a struggling Nuggets team during the 2001-02 season, Van Exel revealed his frustrations publicly after a loss in Cleveland. He told reporters he was “sick of losingâ€

Like I said in the other post...the Nuggets are STILL the second best team in the West with Melo there. And they are very capable of beating the Lakers.

Once again...if Melo is there. I think he's gonna stick the season out for one last ride. And that ride could end with a Finals appearance.

Anyone see the game? Any impressions? Williams' stat line is impressive (though his shooting % is a joke). I have always like Afflalo and I think he could come up big this year. Always a good way to beat the Jazz and seemed like a pretty easy W, so all in all a good way to start what should be an intersting year

Had to miss the game live last night, but just finished watching it; some thoughts/observations:

- Absolutely no flow to the game due to the amount of whistles & free throws, very ugly game to watch
- Both teams were very flat, I couldn't name a player who looked like he was playing with energy
- Nuggets jumped out to a 9-0 lead
- Jazz got into early foul trouble; D-Will was limited to 3 first half points due to limited playing time
- Nuggets led by 20 at half
- Nuggets got the lead up to 27 in the 3rd, but the Jazz cut it to 15 (I believe)
- Nuggets defense must vastly improve

- JR Smith looked like he didn't really care to be out there; looked like he was going through the motions
- Carmelo's 23 came within the flow of the game, didn't force anything and you didn't notice he had that many until it was pointed out
- Afflalo played & shot the ball great
- Nenê started off the game aggressive on the offensive end, scoring on the first couple of possessions and putting a nice move on Jefferson. This faded as the game went on, and he seemed to revert back to his normal self
- Harrington looked very (fat) out of shape, although he did shoot the ball well in the 1st quarter
- I think Gary Forbes has the potential to help this Nuggets squad out. There's no doubt he's an NBA player, but that should be expected from a 25-year old rookie
- Balkman must still be in the doghouse; Forbes was in the game before him

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Had to miss the game live last night, but just finished watching it; some thoughts/observations:

- Absolutely no flow to the game due to the amount of whistles & free throws, very ugly game to watch
- Both teams were very flat, I couldn't name a player who looked like he was playing with energy
- Nuggets jumped out to a 9-0 lead
- Jazz got into early foul trouble; D-Will was limited to 3 first half points due to limited playing time
- Nuggets led by 20 at half
- Nuggets got the lead up to 27 in the 3rd, but the Jazz cut it to 15 (I believe)
- Nuggets defense must vastly improve

- JR Smith looked like he didn't really care to be out there; looked like he was going through the motions
- Carmelo's 23 came within the flow of the game, didn't force anything and you didn't notice he had that many until it was pointed out
- Afflalo played & shot the ball great
- Nenê started off the game aggressive on the offensive end, scoring on the first couple of possessions and putting a nice move on Jefferson. This faded as the game went on, and he seemed to revert back to his normal self
- Harrington looked very (fat) out of shape, although he did shoot the ball well in the 1st quarter
- I think Gary Forbes has the potential to help this Nuggets squad out. There's no doubt he's an NBA player, but that should be expected from a 25-year old rookie
- Balkman must still be in the doghouse; Forbes was in the game before him
I seen this inconsistency/flatness from all of the games I watched the past two days, maybe its because its the first few games of the season, I have a feeling by the time Thanksgiving roll around we will be back to regularly scheduled programing. 

[h1]
[h1]Carmelo Anthony: 'Time for a change'[/h1]

Carmelo Anthony acknowledged after Denver's season-opening victory Wednesday that he still doesn't intend to sign a contract extension and that it might be time for him and the Nuggets to go their separate ways.

Speaking to Yahoo! Sports after scoring 23 points in Denver's 110-88 win over Utah, Anthony said he's looking at his future -- and the Nuggets don't appear to be part of it.

Management wants "to sit down and talk, but my thing is it's way beyond this year," he told Yahoo! Sports. "It ain't got nothing to do with the new GM [Masai Ujiri], Josh [Kroenke, team president], the players. For me, I feel it's a time for change.

"If I do nothing now, I'm never going to do anything. I feel like my time is now to make a decision if I want to leave or if I want to stay."

The Nuggets' $65 million offer of an extension has been on the table for months. If Anthony plays out the season in Denver, he would headline the 2011 free-agent class. In the meantime, the Nuggets have until the February trade deadline to deal him.

The New York Knicks and New Jersey Nets the major players in a trade for Anthony, ESPN.com's Chris Broussard reports. A source told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan that the Chicago Bulls remain in the mix to acquire him.

Appearing on ESPN Radio on Tuesday, Anthony reminded that he's always wanted to keep his options open.

"But as far as the money that's on the table, I understand the money that's on the table. I understand it's a lot," he said on "The Scott Van Pelt Show". "But it's more than the money. Right now I'm here, I'm with the Nuggets."
[/h1]

[h5][/h5]
[h5]Kenyon Martin | Nuggets [/h5]

Nuggets head coach George Karl thinks Kenyon Martin could return by Jan. 1, but Martin says Karl should keep his day job.

"George is not my doctor," Martin told FanHouse. "George is not my doctor ... The only person who knows when I'm coming back is Dr. (Richard) Steadman."

Martin plans to meet with Dr. Steadman just after Thanksgiving and won't have an idea when he may play until that visit.

"Not at all until I see him," Martin said. "That's up to (Steadman), man. I don't have a brain when it comes to it. I use his brain."

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Can't play much worse than that.

Going to have to step it up big time in the second half if they want to have a legit shot at winning this one. I can't believe they let the Hornets bench kill them like that.
30t6p3b.gif

so it has to be asked, when do you all think we will move melo? I was thinking around All Star break but I think they may need to do it sooner...

Goddamn, that game was terrible. Nice comeback, but after they took the lead they absolutely crumbled. Need to bring a better effort tomorrow.
Originally Posted by kapstone

so it has to be asked, when do you all think we will move melo? I was thinking around All Star break but I think they may need to do it sooner...
Too many variables to make a prediction on that.

Originally Posted by Executive76

[h5][/h5]
[h5]Kenyon Martin | Nuggets [/h5]

Nuggets head coach George Karl thinks Kenyon Martin could return by Jan. 1, but Martin says Karl should keep his day job.

"George is not my doctor," Martin told FanHouse. "George is not my doctor ... The only person who knows when I'm coming back is Dr. (Richard) Steadman."

Martin plans to meet with Dr. Steadman just after Thanksgiving and won't have an idea when he may play until that visit.

"Not at all until I see him," Martin said. "That's up to (Steadman), man. I don't have a brain when it comes to it. I use his brain."

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I feel bad dudes doing this to a guy who has cancer
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom