Derek Fisher’s Revolutionary Basketball Workout

[h2]Derek Fisher's Revolutionary Basketball Workout[/h2]

For one of the features in the new issue of Dime, we went out to the Lakers practice facility to have Derek Fisher show us some of his daily workout regimen. Why D-Fish? Because what he does works. The guy hasn't missed a game due to injury in more than three years - a pretty amazing feat in the NBA.

Fisher claims that his health and resurgence over the past few seasons can be attributed to his revolutionary "proprioception" workouts - lifting weights and performing other core strength exercises with his eyes closed in order to elevate his other senses and balance. Kinda crazy, but Fish swears by it. So much so, he does these drills every day including game days.

Video right here: http://dimemag.com/2008/05/29/dime-mag-derek-fishers-workout-lakers-nba-playoffs/

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/plugi...mag/derekfishertraining2.flv&autoStart=false;

thanks
happy.gif

Fish got it right....if you have a weak core, it won't matter how big/diesel you are, you WILL be easily pushed around. Having core strength is somethingthat is vastly overlooked by many athletes.

The eyes closed work out is different.

My ortho. had me doing rehab on my knee with my eyes closed, he said it makes u use your muscles thru out your leg to keep you balanced sicne one of yoursenses is completely shut down.

It makes your leg a lil more unstable, AN entire workout eyes closed has got to be a good one.
I may give that a try tomorrow

Having core strength is something that is vastly overlooked by many athletes.

I dunno , I think many non athletes overlook core and focus on extremeties, you'd be hard pressed to find a good athlete with a weak core (excludingCarmelo and LenDale White)

I focus mainly on strength training/heavy lifting, so I don't think it would be a great idea to do any of those workouts with my eyes closed.

But I'm almost done with my 10 week routine ( 2 weeks left), I may incorporate some of this to my new routine.

I dunno , I think many non athletes overlook core and focus on extremeties, you'd be hard pressed to find a good athlete with a weak core (excluding Carmelo and LenDale White)

I agree 100%...IMO, it's inexcusable if you're a top-tier athlete to have a weak core......I think that a lot of kids who are entering college (eitherplaying or not playing sports) who have a lifting routine sometimes skip the workouts in which you need to strengthen your core.

I also hope people notice the light weights he used in the vid....

*totally unrelated, but I read somewhere that Troy Polamalu never uses any dumbells over 25 pounds...

Thanks for posting, amazing how Fish hasn't missed a single game due to injury in 3 years
eek.gif
pimp.gif

its weird, when i think of Derek Fisher, i think of THE LAKERS... he truly is the face of this team

Fish is definitely a beast.. And yes, core strength is crucial.. lol that said, not fun..

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by tmoney85

its weird, when i think of Derek Fisher, i think of THE LAKERS... he truly is the face of this team
Fishing_Baits___Plastic_Hard_Bait__.jpg

i dont get it.
and nobody gets your statement.
oh, sorry... let me rephrase... what i meant was that even when D.Fish played for the Warriors and then the Jazz, you just knew that he would beback and that deep down inside he really wanted to be a Laker. This, of course, is coming from a die-hard lakers fan and I am pretty sure many other die hardlaker fans can relate. Many of us feel the same way about Ronny Turiaf... its a matter of time before he somehow makes his way back to LA. Thus, whenever youthink Lakers basketball... you have to include D. Fisher since he has been there for all three championships and sort of "took a break" from being aLaker, rather then actually "play for another team" i knwo it sounds silly but other die-hard lakers fans will be piling up behind me to supportthis notion adn give all of you a proverbial
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom