Derrick Rose Is Overrated

Most of Rose's 3 pointers are open as well....I'd hope an NBA player could hit an open shot.

Not dissing D-Rose though, he's had an amazing year, but lets not make his 3 pointer better than it really is.

Originally Posted by JD617

You bumped this thread because he went from 27% to 33% on threes? Congratulations, he's an average 3-point shooter now.

you mad cause u got quoted on my grave digging spree ... it's not that serious ... 
laugh.gif

acting like u can't ever be wrong ... all of us are with regards to various things ... 

^^ They are open but let's not act like every NBA player just knocking them down wide open like they a drunk at the bar either. Who wouldnt want the shot wide open though?

You bumped this thread because he went from 27% to 33% on threes? Congratulations, he's an average 3-point shooter now.

Not positive but I think the league average is 35%

^^ if its a dunk then Kelso/ Korver

on a sidenote people can say what people want about rose... He still had a great year and the numbers show it, cant argue with statistics...

on a side note. didnt he break rondos ankles?

Originally Posted by dland24

Not positive but I think the league average is 35%

You're right, 35.8%. Which makes this bump even funnier.

You sound dumb. He went from making 1 out of every 4 3 pointers to 1 out of every 3. For a shot that is inherently low percentage that is quite nice. Also what dudes fail to realize is that his FT percentage has risen almost %10 to approx %86 while making almost twice the amount of free throws from last year. Those 2 factors easily make up for his lower FG percentage. Another improvement is his total offensive production (points and assists). He went from at least 33+ points accounted for to 41+ points accounted for. That's an amazing %24 increase. All this while being the primary threat on offense and defenses practically homing in on him.

Stop the hate...realize that dude is nice, and call it a day. One

What these clowns in S&T fail to realize is that you can totally dislike a player and his game...but to say a player isn't good because of that hate is [MikeTyson] Ludicrous [/MikeTyson]. 

That's great, but he bumped this thread because Rose went from being an awful 3-point shooter to a slightly below average one.

He's a better 3 pt shooter than statistics say. His problem is his shot selection sometimes. If he makes 2 or 3 in a row he'll jack up a ridiculously contested 3 to heat check. There has to be a stat that adjusts for all the 3 pointers he jacks uup at halfcourt around halftime. That just adds up.

His improvement can't just be measured by his percentage. Look at how much he made compared to the last two seasons. And he leads the bulls in threes this season made I believe.

32 combined in his first 2 seasons...combined

123 to date, not including today I believe. plus, his percentage is not "average" yet but the mere threat of him making them at a 33% clip does wonders for his driving lanes.

laugh.gif
@ i bumped it up b/c he's a below average 3 pt shooter ... the stupidity in that statement is hilarious ...

i bump 5 - 6 rose threads ... b/c he had a great game today and the season is winding down ... and i felt like reminding people how good the guy is ... overkill yes ... necessary NO ... did i do it YES ...

how i chose to bump each thread is a different story ... i just happened to see certain posts that stood out ... nothing more, nothing less ...

the point in regardless of his %'s, assists, turnovers, etc ... when you watch the kid play ... he is a beast plain and simple .... the posts i bumped were full of arguments against this point of view ...

it's is only my point of view ... does this mean he is the best player in the game, or the best pg in the game ... NO AND NO ...

once again ... comments like he won't improve his jump shooting, he'll never do this, he can't do this, he ain't better than ... i'll leave u alone next time u say something silly in a thread since you're so sensitive

elderwatson
pimp.gif
... i agree ... i hate on lebron like crazy but i can still admit that he is the best in the game ... it's hard to be objective and i'm not always .... the whole point of these threads is to state your opinion so u can revisit later ... it's a constant debate

like people said ... w/ this many rose threads ... he is certainly doing something right ...

when football season comes around ... i'll dig up the best qb thread ... where i'll have to acknowledge rodgers a lil higher on my list ... even though i think i had the most accurate list out of all of NT ...

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i'll have to acknowledge rodgers a lil higher on my list ... even though i think i had the most accurate list out of all of NT ...

hes #1 in your heart tho. <3

Shouldn't this thread be locked up by now?? Or do we need to post the pic of him accepting the MVP before doing so?

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

i know its early, but where has he shown improvement? 13.7 ppg, 5.7 assists. is he making the team better? NTers seem to believe he is an elite PG (some ofy'alls top 5) again, its early, but aaron brooks has been the better player since rose's game 1 explosion. (brooks is avg 19 and 7 on a rocket teamthat will compete for a playoff spot) Discuss
let's discuss this addict ... AARON BROOKS .... I'LL CONTINUE GRAVE DIGGING IN THE MEANWHILE 

Not one time did I say Aaron brooks was the better player or had the talent level of rose. My statements were based off of NTers crowning him elite after one season. It was obvious the potential was there. Ray Charles can see that dude has elevated his game to a very high level.And let's not act like a lot of you weren't ready to trade Deng and Noah because "they couldnt score." dudes were saying he wasn't racking up assists because he didn't her talent around. Some even saying Brandon Jennings had more talent around him.Rose is now everything yall said he would be. But when i made this thread, he wasn't. I'd vote for him for MVP.

Back
Top Bottom