Despite the hype Soul Calibur IV remains way better than Street Fighter IV

Whoever said MK > all lost. Thats the most canned fighting out of all of them.

I think once you get to know the mechanics of Soul Calibur its just so much more fun, I looked at the move list of SFIV and was like -=0l
Two special moves for a person just aint cutting it no more.

I was unfortunate to actually purchase both of these sorry !$$ games
smh.gif
smh.gif

fighting games ain't what they used to be.

Originally Posted by Sais 9mm

Playing Street Fighter IV, I thought i was going to forget about Soul Calibur for a minute, but I still popping it back in the PS3

The last capcom game i was heavy into was Capcom Vs Snk 2.

• This in comparison just seems unbalanced as hell.
  • The gameplay is slow.
  • People that have to charge their moves (Guile, M. Bison) have a horrible disadvantage from the Shadoken motion players.
  • The combo system just seems a bit limited, still seeing the old jump kick and low sweep makes me go enhhh...
Soul Calibur's fighting system has way more complexities and freedom of chaining attacks. Way more variety and the whole fighting system just feels right. A Kilik is way different from a Maxi is way different from a Yoshimitsu. The amount of different throws, attacks (down back and punch is different from down forward and punch) just gives this way more replay value.

The only thing that is better with SF IV is the online gameplay. The Soul Calibur lags like crazy at times.

PS3 game tag is Mesaisah by the way.

You act like everyone's going to care about your opinion.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Duh. Street Fight IV is the epitome of button masher fighting games.

Soul Calibur and it's cousin Tekken have multiple stances and fighting styles for each character. This adds a dimension of depth that Street Fighter 4 players can't even fathom. Dudes pick up the controller and get eaten alive. Whereas you can master Street Fighter 4 in a day.

The thing that irks me the most about street fighter 4 is the game mechanics just don't seem as smooth as the Namco figther games. Also, the game is very X-Y plane oriented. You can't do anything in the Z-direction whereas in Tekken and Soul Calibur you can fight in any direction.
i dont see street fighter being a button masher game..
my 6yr old nephew destroyed me in SC4 ultimate button masher game.... as long as you keep the moves coming they will all connect flawlessly... iused to go in with TAKI... all her moves connected seamlessly..... no effort

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Duh. Street Fight IV is the epitome of button masher fighting games.

Soul Calibur and it's cousin Tekken have multiple stances and fighting styles for each character. This adds a dimension of depth that Street Fighter 4 players can't even fathom. Dudes pick up the controller and get eaten alive. Whereas you can master Street Fighter 4 in a day.

The thing that irks me the most about street fighter 4 is the game mechanics just don't seem as smooth as the Namco figther games. Also, the game is very X-Y plane oriented. You can't do anything in the Z-direction whereas in Tekken and Soul Calibur you can fight in any direction.

Master Street Fighter 4 in a day?...Frame counts, juggles, Focus attack cancel combos, glitches, and dozens of players styles...in a day?...word?

Adding a dimension that SF players can't fathom?...Like we can't all go play Tekken and Soul Caliber and experience this "mystic dimension" if we choose to?

You sound like a clown.

3d games are still on a 2d plane except for split second at time.

Where are these multiple stances you speak off with a Player like Paul Phoenix?

Come on fam. Cut it out. Tekken has a more immersive and complex fighting system than Street Fighter but at their core, fighting games have the same dam mechanics. Hit first, stay out of range, parry/counters, and effective blocking.

Wether you like Street Fighters projectile dominated gameplay of Tekkens extensive move/combo list is a matter of choice.
Why are you so angry? It's his opinion on a video game...

No no no no no no no no no!

I am a fan of both,but I just can't agree with that!

SC is one of the only fighting games I know of that can make a noob look like a pro (Lol!).

From Street Fighter Alpha to Stret Fighter 4 (not including the VS. series) you wil get owned thinking that you can hadoken or shoryuken or button mash yourway to victory! SF:Alpha introduced the counter and the developers built on that to make sure that the game had a little more complexity to it so that youcouldn't just one move your way up! Yes Soul Calibur has counters as well,but my first statement still rings true.

street fighter sure is not a button masher. You can't pull off even the basic move without at least knowing down + rotate forward + punch/kick

Originally Posted by Sais 9mm

Playing Street Fighter IV, I thought i was going to forget about Soul Calibur for a minute, but I still popping it back in the PS3

The last capcom game i was heavy into was Capcom Vs Snk 2.

• This in comparison just seems unbalanced as hell.
  • The gameplay is slow.
  • People that have to charge their moves (Guile, M. Bison) have a horrible disadvantage from the Shadoken motion players.
  • The combo system just seems a bit limited, still seeing the old jump kick and low sweep makes me go enhhh...
Soul Calibur's fighting system has way more complexities and freedom of chaining attacks. Way more variety and the whole fighting system just feels right. A Kilik is way different from a Maxi is way different from a Yoshimitsu. The amount of different throws, attacks (down back and punch is different from down forward and punch) just gives this way more replay value.

The only thing that is better with SF IV is the online gameplay. The Soul Calibur lags like crazy at times.

PS3 game tag is Mesaisah by the way.
iv always thought this, but i just didnt post it on here.

as you said SC4 is more complex and is not as simple as SF4
more attacks and more ways to chain them together in SC4. Not to mention you can move in a circular motion VS left to right; this changes the battle COMPLETELYas well as you use of the "walled stages" in SC4... overall just a better fighting game

SC4 gets my vote for being better than SF4.

I used to play Soul Calibur 2 heavy on PS2, and I was THE dookie...I ran with Maxi and Mitsurugi. I never bought 3, but my cousin had it, and I didn't likethe costumes that much [I liked the ones from 2 more]. I still never played 4 yet [except for the demo on PS3] but I still want it BAD.

I got SF4 and I highly like it. I didn't think I would, but when I was playin' it, I got hooked. I also have HD Remix, and I was in love with that fora minute as well, but SF4 took over....although I still play HD Remix from time to time. I don't know tho, there are way more moves on Soul Calibur gamesthan the regular moves on Street Fighter games, and the animations were crazy on Soul Calibur 2, so I can imagine the new moves they added 2 sequels later.

I said that to say this, I want Soul Calibur 4 still.

who really cares if a Soul Calibur is coming out ever other then a couple...

Street Fighter gains the hype it does cuz its the truth. that is all.

i agree that charge characters kinda suck in SF4. motion based characters (ken, ryu, ect) have better movesets and ex moves that do damage. man, i was pissedwith guile. couldn't do anything. see me at SF2Turbo and its a different story

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

button basher....
This man speaks the truth,
locally and online people button mash their way to a cheap victory all the time; plus the health damage for attacks are severely unbalance (3-4 swings withNightmares' Soul Edge = an instant KO)

those games suck compared to SF. but the new one is kinda ehh because ive grown too accustomed to fast pace fighters like mvc2, sf v snk 2 etc
its more like the old school SF II but its still a great game. you just gotta be able to hop back and forth between fighters.
pimp.gif
plus im great with guile.

Back
Top Bottom