Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Wait so...

@Biggie62  REALLY is the reason I still dont have the reddest of shaders??

And also why I got 'disconnected' after downing skolas....twice??????

Why Big?....Why....

At skolas and dudes im with might want to leave if we dont down him soon. Im off tomorrow so i have time. Heads up.
edit-beat it last try :lol:

Last edited:
:smh: :smh: :smh:

Saw another clanmate of mine get the Gjally, now I'm one of 2 left that haven't got it to drop. I'm running at 430 hrs. Tears are being shed right now. :rofl:

Reading this post on Reddit:

Then I check the comments and see:

Pay close attention to the very last comment... It all makes sense.

@Biggie62 @Zero23 @illsupra @WrightOne86

We were right all along...
sick.gif

Attention Destiny Thread,

As of July, Summer of 2015, I will be taking my talents over to Xbox One for my Destiny gameplay. It would have been PS4, but I'm not restarting my account.
Be prepared.

-Trickzy Tang, AKA Jayzz, AKA Da Prophet

Church if destiny i have a confession
I used to hopeless
Lost and afraid of solar burn nightfall until the RNGesus blessed me with the all mighty ballerhorn im no longer snipin with an ice breaker from the tower......
No longer am i spending 8 hours in the nightfall ....
Nope runnin through like solar burn night fall like whitce castle sliders

Still getti g garbage drop in crucible tho

That Hood of Exile helmet from running ToO is a must have for Warlock PvPers especially if you get a good intellect and discipline roll ....I don't think its better than 'the Ram' helmet bu itself, but if you pair it with the 'Nothing Menacles' exotic hands then it will be a better choice for PvP.

I think you only need 5 wins to get it, which I know is kinda hard with everybody running super cheese methods in ToO right now. :smh:

Last edited:
List of different Crucible players you encounter. Pretty Funny. Complete in spoiler.

Name: The Ace of Spades
How to recognize him before the game: Gear is composed of the best perk/stat rolls. High Level. High Grimoire
How to recognize him in game: Don't worry, you'll see his name come up loads of times as he kills you and doesn't even break a sweat doing it.
Mating call: The sound of a well placed bullet to your head
Description: This guy is the best player in the match. He equips top tier weapons and knows how to use them, doesn't matter if its a shotgun, sniper, FR, SR, PR. No matter how many matches you play, he always ends up on top. No matter how many times you encounter him, you're the one who ends up on the floor.

Name: Mr. Misleading
How to recognize him before the game: Everything that the Ace of Spades is wearing.
How to recognize him in game: Everything that the Ace of spades isn't.
Mating Call: The sound of bullets whizzing past you as they miss.
Description: Max level? Check. High Grimoire? Check. Good loadout? Check. Unfortunately this guy finds his way to the bottom of the leaderboard every single game. Maybe he's just having a bad game, who knows? But you've definitely looked at him at the end-game screen and asked yourself how a guy who's played the game that long still suck this bad?

Name: The Alternate
How to recognize him before the game: He's below level 20, but with a high enough grimoire score. Has green and blue weapons.
How to recognize him in game: He'll be killing you all the same and you'll take note of this because he's only level 11.
Mating Call: Misplaced Golden Gun Shots, Nova Bombs hitting a wall, Fist of Havocs down a cliff.
Description: The guy who's leveling up a newly minted alternate. He knows how to play so he'll still kill you if you're not careful, but this doesn't stop funny moments from happening when they make mistakes using supers they're not used to.

Name: Mr. Final Round
How to recognize him before the game: He has a Final Round Sniper Rifle.
How to recognize him in game: He'll get first blood. He's the annoying guy who kills you from so far away because your foot was exposed.
Mating Call: Unloads first two rounds of his sniper at spawn
Description: Just what the name is. He abuses the power of his sniper rifle to great effect. You can't run through corners carelessly because you're dead the moment you see that red flash of light pointed in your direction.

Name: The Akimbo
How to recognize him before the game: He has Universal Remote and another shotgun equipped
How to recognize him in game: He'll make sure to leave his mark on you from no more than 5 meters away.
Mating Call: blink sound
Description: This guy is rarer to encounter these days, but he's still out there, dual wielding shotguns, making life horrible for people playing in Anomaly, Cauldron, and Asylum.

Name: The just testing this out.
How to recognize him before the game: Below level 20, low grimoire score, brings an auto rifle.
How to recognize him in game: He'll be firing his entire AR magazine at you, and you'll still kill him with two headshots from your Hawkmoon.
Mating Call: Guardian death groan
Description: The typical kinderguardian. Just started the game, testing PVP out if it's to his liking, immediately leaves after 3 minutes of him getting killed in intense firefights. He'll probably vow never to play Crucible again, but he'll be back with high hopes a few days later.

Name: The Ex-Boyfriend
How to recognize him before the game: Red-Bar Connection Status
How to recognize him in game: You'll unload the entirety of your clip on him, melee him 5 times, but end-up dying to his single shotgun shot anyway.
Mating Call: Shotgun blast from your front Sudden shotgun blast from your back
Description: Destiny's version of your ex-boyfriend. Vanishes at certain points in time, doesn't respond no matter what you do, then screws you over anyway.

Name: Usain Bolt
How to recognize him before the game: Striker Titan. Peregrine Greaves. Mk 44 Stand Asides
How to recognize him in game: He'll be running towards you. Whenever you encounter him. He doesn't even fire his gun. You're just gonna say hi to his kneecap.
Mating Call: Kneecap to your face
Description: The guy who brings his knee to a gun fight, and wins.

Name: Enemy at the Gates
How to recognize him before the game: He's equipped No Land Beyond
How to recognize him in game: It takes so long for him to fire when you encounter him. Also, he sprints after every shot.
Mating Call: Your health is now red sound
Description: You check him out and see that he's equipped no land beyond, you think he'll suck but quickly realize that the hours he's spent with that weapon make him a headshot monster.

Name: Mr. Far Away
How to recognize him before the game: Scout Rifle. Sniper Rifle.
How to recognize him in game: He's by Zone C in Shores of Time, by the Castle in Widow's Court, by the ledge in Anomaly.
Mating Call: Sniper rounds flying in all directions
Description: Your typical careful camper. Stays away from the action, takes potshots at people, nets a high K/D, but probably has the fewest objective captures of any player.

Name:Bruno Mars
How to recognize him before the game: Striker Titan / Gunslinger Hunter.
How to recognize him in game: The first red bleep you see on your radar in Rusted Lands Zone C
Mating Call: Early Game Multi-kill
Description: Running with abandon towards the zone nearest your team, flings his Tripmine / Lightning Grenade.

Name: Klu-less Klan
How to recognize him before the game: A fireteam of 4/5 people, matching emblems, one clan.
How to recognize him in game: They do everything together. Capture points, get objectives, and die.
Mating Call: Hey dude that was my kill
Description: They're the fireteam you're matched up with, giving you a sense of hope, surely a fireteam of 5 people this organized will wreck house. You're reminded later in the game when you're at the top of your team in score but lost by 8000 points why you play alone.

Well, that's all I have for now. I had a lot of fun thinking the list up. If you guys have anything to add or a stereotype you want to point out, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Edit: Great suggestions guys, here are some personalities I've missed. Thanks to the community for their awesome suggestions. :D Edit: Formatting Edit: Wow this thread blew up beyond belief! Thanks for all the suggestions guys, definitely fun to see such an engaging community.

Name: The Reacher
How to recognize him before the game: You don't' they just kind of blend in.
How to recognize him in game: The one who is mid level, but still owning you, but only for a game or two.
Mating call: Insane killstreaks once every now and then.
Description: When you're playing Iron Banner this is the one who is probably level 32, but still completely owns a team a level 34's. They're capping & killing all without breaking a sweat. They have double the points of any of their team mates. They look like a god.... for a while.
By:ohwell:u/Will_GSRR

Name: The Invisible / Hollow Man
How to recognize before the game: Blade dancer probably with Khepri's sting
How to recognize in game: Where the F*** did he come from?! OR Is crouching in really odd places for long periods of time.
Mating call: Vanish sound.
Description: Will spend 90% of game trying to sneak up on enemy spawn. (incidentally is awesome source of "I see you" medals)
By:ohwell:u/Lopiano

Name: Black Locust
How to recognize them before the game: Using Thorn.
How to recognize them in game: You don't. you get shot twice and you can't find anyone around you as you die
Mating Call: Green screen and whispers taking you to sleep
Description: Probably every person you're gonna face in trials. Strategy depends on knowing the burn is gonna kill you while they run away.
By:ohwell:u/AmerAQT

Name: RNGuardian
How to recognize him before the game: Blends in with other players well enough. Nothing flashy.
How to recognize him in game: He'll alternate between Ares and Aphrodite.
Mating Call: Who the hell AM I TODAY?!
Description: The guy who can't find consistency, he gets 15 kill streaks one game, then gets 15 death streaks the next. He's both the Ace of Spades and Mr. Misleading.
By:ohwell:u/GoatInRealLife

Name: The Party Crasher
How to recognize him before the game: Bladedancer or Voidwalker. Shotgun with Shot Package
How to recognize him in game: The guy you glimpse of one second, then the next he's already on top of you.
Mating Call: shunk BLAM
Description: They're never invited, but that doesn't stop them from being overly forward. If you see one bee-lining towards you, you'd better give him a firm "No!" or he'll already slip by you and kill any festive mood you had. By:ohwell:u/Devenue024

Name: The Misguided
How to recognize before the game: Wears half-levelled exotics and still uses SUROS
How to recognize in game: He'll always die first and call "******* ********", even if he was standing still and got sniped in the head
Mating call: ******* ******** after every death.
Description: Posts on DestinyLFG stating he's practically the owner of the Lighthouse by now and likes to be vocal about his disdain for "scrubs".
By:ohwell:u/ThunThinger

Name: The B-Team
How to recognize them before the game: Close-combat weapons, probably Defender or Sunsinger.
How to recognize them in game: They run straight to their only mission; capture point B. After that they are crouching at point B or running little circles around it.
Mating Call: Point B neutralised
Description: Popping-bubbles-guardians and praising-the-sun-guardians who make the difference between winning or losing the battle
By:ohwell:u/Fruitschaal

Name: The Capper
How to recognize them before the game: Impossible to identify initially
How to recognize them in game: Always trying to cap all 3 points at once
Mating Call: Silence
Description: This person doesn't fully understand the concept of control or doesn't seem to care. In any case, they will go out of their way to cap all 3 points, thinking having all 3 will win them the game. They either don't have a mic or choose to not listen to the pleadings of his\her teammates.
By:ohwell:u/Death-from-ab0ve

List of different Crucible players you encounter. Pretty Funny. Complete in spoiler.

Name: The Ace of Spades
How to recognize him before the game: Gear is composed of the best perk/stat rolls. High Level. High Grimoire
How to recognize him in game: Don't worry, you'll see his name come up loads of times as he kills you and doesn't even break a sweat doing it.
Mating call: The sound of a well placed bullet to your head
Description: This guy is the best player in the match. He equips top tier weapons and knows how to use them, doesn't matter if its a shotgun, sniper, FR, SR, PR. No matter how many matches you play, he always ends up on top. No matter how many times you encounter him, you're the one who ends up on the floor.

Name: Mr. Misleading
How to recognize him before the game: Everything that the Ace of Spades is wearing.
How to recognize him in game: Everything that the Ace of spades isn't.
Mating Call: The sound of bullets whizzing past you as they miss.
Description: Max level? Check. High Grimoire? Check. Good loadout? Check. Unfortunately this guy finds his way to the bottom of the leaderboard every single game. Maybe he's just having a bad game, who knows? But you've definitely looked at him at the end-game screen and asked yourself how a guy who's played the game that long still suck this bad?

Name: The Alternate
How to recognize him before the game: He's below level 20, but with a high enough grimoire score. Has green and blue weapons.
How to recognize him in game: He'll be killing you all the same and you'll take note of this because he's only level 11.
Mating Call: Misplaced Golden Gun Shots, Nova Bombs hitting a wall, Fist of Havocs down a cliff.
Description: The guy who's leveling up a newly minted alternate. He knows how to play so he'll still kill you if you're not careful, but this doesn't stop funny moments from happening when they make mistakes using supers they're not used to.

Name: Mr. Final Round
How to recognize him before the game: He has a Final Round Sniper Rifle.
How to recognize him in game: He'll get first blood. He's the annoying guy who kills you from so far away because your foot was exposed.
Mating Call: Unloads first two rounds of his sniper at spawn
Description: Just what the name is. He abuses the power of his sniper rifle to great effect. You can't run through corners carelessly because you're dead the moment you see that red flash of light pointed in your direction.

Name: The Akimbo
How to recognize him before the game: He has Universal Remote and another shotgun equipped
How to recognize him in game: He'll make sure to leave his mark on you from no more than 5 meters away.
Mating Call: blink sound
Description: This guy is rarer to encounter these days, but he's still out there, dual wielding shotguns, making life horrible for people playing in Anomaly, Cauldron, and Asylum.

Name: The just testing this out.
How to recognize him before the game: Below level 20, low grimoire score, brings an auto rifle.
How to recognize him in game: He'll be firing his entire AR magazine at you, and you'll still kill him with two headshots from your Hawkmoon.
Mating Call: Guardian death groan
Description: The typical kinderguardian. Just started the game, testing PVP out if it's to his liking, immediately leaves after 3 minutes of him getting killed in intense firefights. He'll probably vow never to play Crucible again, but he'll be back with high hopes a few days later.

Name: The Ex-Boyfriend
How to recognize him before the game: Red-Bar Connection Status
How to recognize him in game: You'll unload the entirety of your clip on him, melee him 5 times, but end-up dying to his single shotgun shot anyway.
Mating Call: Shotgun blast from your front Sudden shotgun blast from your back
Description: Destiny's version of your ex-boyfriend. Vanishes at certain points in time, doesn't respond no matter what you do, then screws you over anyway.

Name: Usain Bolt
How to recognize him before the game: Striker Titan. Peregrine Greaves. Mk 44 Stand Asides
How to recognize him in game: He'll be running towards you. Whenever you encounter him. He doesn't even fire his gun. You're just gonna say hi to his kneecap.
Mating Call: Kneecap to your face
Description: The guy who brings his knee to a gun fight, and wins.

Name: Enemy at the Gates
How to recognize him before the game: He's equipped No Land Beyond
How to recognize him in game: It takes so long for him to fire when you encounter him. Also, he sprints after every shot.
Mating Call: Your health is now red sound
Description: You check him out and see that he's equipped no land beyond, you think he'll suck but quickly realize that the hours he's spent with that weapon make him a headshot monster.

Name: Mr. Far Away
How to recognize him before the game: Scout Rifle. Sniper Rifle.
How to recognize him in game: He's by Zone C in Shores of Time, by the Castle in Widow's Court, by the ledge in Anomaly.
Mating Call: Sniper rounds flying in all directions
Description: Your typical careful camper. Stays away from the action, takes potshots at people, nets a high K/D, but probably has the fewest objective captures of any player.

Name:Bruno Mars
How to recognize him before the game: Striker Titan / Gunslinger Hunter.
How to recognize him in game: The first red bleep you see on your radar in Rusted Lands Zone C
Mating Call: Early Game Multi-kill
Description: Running with abandon towards the zone nearest your team, flings his Tripmine / Lightning Grenade.

Name: Klu-less Klan
How to recognize him before the game: A fireteam of 4/5 people, matching emblems, one clan.
How to recognize him in game: They do everything together. Capture points, get objectives, and die.
Mating Call: Hey dude that was my kill
Description: They're the fireteam you're matched up with, giving you a sense of hope, surely a fireteam of 5 people this organized will wreck house. You're reminded later in the game when you're at the top of your team in score but lost by 8000 points why you play alone.

Well, that's all I have for now. I had a lot of fun thinking the list up. If you guys have anything to add or a stereotype you want to point out, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Edit: Great suggestions guys, here are some personalities I've missed. Thanks to the community for their awesome suggestions.
happy.gif
Edit: Formatting Edit: Wow this thread blew up beyond belief! Thanks for all the suggestions guys, definitely fun to see such an engaging community.

Name: The Reacher
How to recognize him before the game: You don't' they just kind of blend in.
How to recognize him in game: The one who is mid level, but still owning you, but only for a game or two.
Mating call: Insane killstreaks once every now and then.
Description: When you're playing Iron Banner this is the one who is probably level 32, but still completely owns a team a level 34's. They're capping & killing all without breaking a sweat. They have double the points of any of their team mates. They look like a god.... for a while.
By:ohwell:u/Will_GSRR

Name: The Invisible / Hollow Man
How to recognize before the game: Blade dancer probably with Khepri's sting
How to recognize in game: Where the F*** did he come from?! OR Is crouching in really odd places for long periods of time.
Mating call: Vanish sound.
Description: Will spend 90% of game trying to sneak up on enemy spawn. (incidentally is awesome source of "I see you" medals)
By:ohwell:u/Lopiano

Name: Black Locust
How to recognize them before the game: Using Thorn.
How to recognize them in game: You don't. you get shot twice and you can't find anyone around you as you die
Mating Call: Green screen and whispers taking you to sleep
Description: Probably every person you're gonna face in trials. Strategy depends on knowing the burn is gonna kill you while they run away.
By:ohwell:u/AmerAQT

Name: RNGuardian
How to recognize him before the game: Blends in with other players well enough. Nothing flashy.
How to recognize him in game: He'll alternate between Ares and Aphrodite.
Mating Call: Who the hell AM I TODAY?!
Description: The guy who can't find consistency, he gets 15 kill streaks one game, then gets 15 death streaks the next. He's both the Ace of Spades and Mr. Misleading.
By:ohwell:u/GoatInRealLife

Name: The Party Crasher
How to recognize him before the game: Bladedancer or Voidwalker. Shotgun with Shot Package
How to recognize him in game: The guy you glimpse of one second, then the next he's already on top of you.
Mating Call: shunk BLAM
Description: They're never invited, but that doesn't stop them from being overly forward. If you see one bee-lining towards you, you'd better give him a firm "No!" or he'll already slip by you and kill any festive mood you had. By:ohwell:u/Devenue024

Name: The Misguided
How to recognize before the game: Wears half-levelled exotics and still uses SUROS
How to recognize in game: He'll always die first and call "******* ********", even if he was standing still and got sniped in the head
Mating call: ******* ******** after every death.
Description: Posts on DestinyLFG stating he's practically the owner of the Lighthouse by now and likes to be vocal about his disdain for "scrubs".
By:ohwell:u/ThunThinger

Name: The B-Team
How to recognize them before the game: Close-combat weapons, probably Defender or Sunsinger.
How to recognize them in game: They run straight to their only mission; capture point B. After that they are crouching at point B or running little circles around it.
Mating Call: Point B neutralised
Description: Popping-bubbles-guardians and praising-the-sun-guardians who make the difference between winning or losing the battle
By:ohwell:u/Fruitschaal

Name: The Capper
How to recognize them before the game: Impossible to identify initially
How to recognize them in game: Always trying to cap all 3 points at once
Mating Call: Silence
Description: This person doesn't fully understand the concept of control or doesn't seem to care. In any case, they will go out of their way to cap all 3 points, thinking having all 3 will win them the game. They either don't have a mic or choose to not listen to the pleadings of his\her teammates.
By:ohwell:u/Death-from-ab0ve

I'd like to say I'm the ace of spades but I think I'm a bit closer to being a bruno mars
ohwell.gif

Jr is definitely Mr Misleading
laugh.gif
When finishing first is a special accomplishment that you have to send to everyone......you're Mr  Misleading
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Warlock ToO helmet is def nice and so it the Titan one. Hit Hunters with the okie doke and gave them an all strength helmet though
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Warlock ToO helmet is def nice and so it the Titan one. Hit Hunters with the okie doke and gave them an all strength helmet though
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Biggie got trolled by his fellow devs and they thought it would be hilarious to troll every hunter with all strength. 
sick.gif

Biggie got trolled by his fellow devs and they thought it would be hilarious to troll every hunter with all strength. 
sick.gif
Just as bad as the Judgement pieces being all strength as well. Throwing knives and blink strikes for days
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

Just as bad as the Judgement pieces being all strength as well. Throwing knives and blink strikes for days :lol: :nthat:

That stick em medal in crucible though :smokin

Always feel like a boss and laugh when I kill someone with one as they think they are going to take me down or running away :lol:

Tried 35 last night beat him the very 1st try got a bounty and everything on one problem we all died as we killed him........never came close to killing him again **** hurt my soul.

APPARENTLY THERE IS A "CHEESE" TO GREATLY INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF GOLDEN GUNS A HUNTER CAN HAVE TO ESSENTIALLY HAVING A GOLDEN GUN IN EVERY SINGLE ROUND OF TRIALS. SAW IT POSTED ON REDDIT.

HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND GUARDIANS. :lol:
Hmmm I wonder can this be done as a warlock....

APPARENTLY THERE IS A "CHEESE" TO GREATLY INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF GOLDEN GUNS A HUNTER CAN HAVE TO ESSENTIALLY HAVING A GOLDEN GUN IN EVERY SINGLE ROUND OF TRIALS. SAW IT POSTED ON REDDIT.

HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND GUARDIANS.
laugh.gif
Hmmm I wonder can this be done as a warlock....
Directly under the post you quoted, someone mentioned voidwalker warlocks being capable of this as well.  It really is fundamental.

Attention Destiny Thread,

As of July, Summer of 2015, I will be taking my talents over to Xbox One for my Destiny gameplay. It would have been PS4, but I'm not restarting my account.
Be prepared.

-Trickzy Tang, AKA Jayzz, AKA Da Prophet

Back
Top Bottom