Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I've posted my PSN in this thread before and no one ever friend requested me. I guess I'll have to be proactive since no wants to be my friend.

Also, and I'm just speaking for myself, that kind of approach/attitude isn't motivating me to want to try playing games with you, most want to play with funny/light hearted people.

Good luck though, there's a ton of cool people playing this game, just need to find them :nthat:

Last edited:

You got cut from the team... Gonna take our backpack for the spindle then the nightfall and not even say goodbye
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
again?

Either my mic was on mute or I gotta get a new one
mean.gif
Man you know I got attitude issues
laugh.gif
Sassy

Anyone feel like joining team struggle for the normal x1 raid this week? We don't have to knock it out in one night.

Ideally, we could at least get through the war priest tho. Be warned, if i need to be the leader then we may struggle a bit as I learn the extra stuff I don't know. I have some concepts down but not everything.
I can play with you?

Anyone feel like joining team struggle for the normal x1 raid this week? We don't have to knock it out in one night.
Ideally, we could at least get through the war priest tho. Be warned, if i need to be the leader then we may struggle a bit as I learn the extra stuff I don't know. I have some concepts down but not everything.

Hi. :smile:

I'm tired of looking for random groups, we get it done quickly most of the time but it's annoying not having a regular squad.

Of course guys. I'm usually on between 7-930 est. it's a few of us NTers that play together so we do things like nightfalls, crucible, common quests together so we don't have to roll solo or deal with kids.
I'll pm you guys my screen name. Please add me.

Also, if you see any of us NTers online, just jump in the party and join the clowning session that ensues.
Ok, thanks a lot!!!

The level grind might be a little too real for me this time... Clearing a hardmode raid for a 305 ghost and 311 chestpiece is absolutely ridiculous. It's almost certain that people will quit before hitting max light level. Bungie really needs to evaluate and learn to value people's time spent in the game. Making us grind for 3 months just to devalue all our efforts by increasing light levels kinda takes the fun and sense of accomplishment out of everything.

I don't know if that's worse than this group I ran with that had people dying while we was just killing ads at the beginning of golgoroth. Had to leave after the 3rd time.
Multiple people dying during this? Before you had even started taking the gaze and jumping in the pool? :x

Yes :smh: One dude even asked to switch sides because there was too many adds on his side :lol:

The level grind might be a little too real for me this time... Clearing a hardmode raid for a 305 ghost and 311 chestpiece is absolutely ridiculous. It's almost certain that people will quit before hitting max light level. Bungie really needs to evaluate and learn to value people's time spent in the game. Making us grind for 3 months just to devalue all our efforts by increasing light levels kinda takes the fun and sense of accomplishment out of everything.

The gear that dropped from hard mode should have been all 320. Getting a 311 piece is so frustrating :x

The gear that dropped from hard mode should have been all 320. Getting a 311 piece is so frustrating :x

Yeah man, I didn't mind the grindy aspect of it before TTK... But the double RNG rolls this time around has pretty much increased the workload 10x. And if I'm not mistaken the math is actually correct as it is only a 1 in 10 chance you receive a 320 light level item for each checkpoint of the raid.

Taken from a reddit post;

Running 3 characters every week for 18 weeks will yield a 11.6% chance of having a full set of 320 gear. :x

Last edited:
Yeah man, I didn't mind the grindy aspect of it before TTK... But the double RNG rolls this time around has pretty much increased the workload 10x with this new system. And if I'm not mistaken the math is actually correct as it is only a 1 in 10 chance you receive a 320 light level item for each checkpoint of the raid.

If your light level is 319 and 9/10 and you need one specific item to drop at 320 then your odds are 1 in 100 of getting that exact piece. :x

I was just about to add that getting 318/319 gear is just as frustrating as getting 311 gear just for that reason alone.

I'm thinking that Bungie may address this with the challenge modes though. I can imagine one challenge being killing the Daughters of Oryx without using Touch of Malice. Completing that challenge will drop a guaranteed 320 armor piece or something like that. Idk :smh:

AllChem about to fall victim to RPG life. One reason that I eventually quit WoW. You will raid and grind your *** off for the top-tier gear and weapons...only for a new DLC to drop, raise the level cap by 10 and make your gear average. Then you must do it all again. Biggie and myself have said before that we have been there and done that, but I am surely not going to do it as long as I did with WoW. Especially with so many games out and coming out....2k16, CoD, Fallout 4, just to name a few. I would be fine with it honestly, if they didn't nerf the weapon parts, MoL, strange coins from dropping how they did. They said they were taking the "grindy-ness" out the game, but the last few updates have only added to the grind. HM didn't need to drop only 320 armor and weapons, but it should definitely be 315+ only. My hunter this past week....4 pairs of boots in one raid run 
sick.gif

2x from Golgoroth (314 and 306)

2x Oryx (312 and 303)

indifferent.gif

Yeah man, I didn't mind the grindy aspect of it before TTK... But the double RNG rolls this time around has pretty much increased the workload 10x. And if I'm not mistaken the math is actually correct as it is only a 1 in 10 chance you receive a 320 light level item for each checkpoint of the raid.

Taken from a reddit post;

Running 3 characters every week for 18 weeks will yield a 11.6% chance of having a full set of 320 gear.
sick.gif
Disgusting 
mean.gif

320 raid sniper rifle on deck though 
nthat.gif
laugh.gif

Still no NM or HM gloves for my Warlock and no NM or HM helmet for my Hunter though 
frown.gif

100% understood. The clear hard mode but getting crud rewards is turrible.

AllChem about to fall victim to RPG life. One reason that I eventually quit WoW. You will raid and grind your *** off for the top-tier gear and weapons...only for a new DLC to drop, raise the level cap by 10 and make your gear average. Then you must do it all again. Biggie and myself have said before that we have been there and done that, but I am surely not going to do it as long as I did with WoW. Especially with so many games out and coming out....2k16, CoD, Fallout 4, just to name a few. I would be fine with it honestly, if they didn't nerf the weapon parts, MoL, strange coins from dropping how they did. They said they were taking the "grindy-ness" out the game, but the last few updates have only added to the grind. HM didn't need to drop only 320 armor and weapons, but it should definitely be 315+ only. My hunter this past week....4 pairs of boots in one raid run :x

2x Oryx (312 and 303)

:stoneface:

Wright, this new format is crazy... They shouldve never implemented the double RNG system. Like I said tho, I didn't mind the grind as much before but to get gear with lower light level than what you already have equipped makes no damn sense whatsoever. Not sure what Bungie will do to change this but in it's current state alot of players will def. quit sooner than later.

AllChem about to fall victim to RPG life. One reason that I eventually quit WoW. You will raid and grind your *** off for the top-tier gear and weapons...only for a new DLC to drop, raise the level cap by 10 and make your gear average. Then you must do it all again. Biggie and myself have said before that we have been there and done that, but I am surely not going to do it as long as I did with WoW. Especially with so many games out and coming out....2k16, CoD, Fallout 4, just to name a few. I would be fine with it honestly, if they didn't nerf the weapon parts, MoL, strange coins from dropping how they did. They said they were taking the "grindy-ness" out the game, but the last few updates have only added to the grind. HM didn't need to drop only 320 armor and weapons, but it should definitely be 315+ only. My hunter this past week....4 pairs of boots in one raid run 
sick.gif

2x Oryx (312 and 303)

indifferent.gif
Wright, this new format is crazy... They shouldve never implemented the double RNG system. Like I said tho, I didn't mind the grind as much before but to get gear with lower light level than what you already have equipped makes no damn sense whatsoever. Not sure what Bungie will do to change this but in it's current state alot of players will def. quit sooner than later.
That feeling when they take 20 Moldering Shards from me, only to give me two back....

I have yet to get a HM raid Primary or a Raid Sniper on any difficulty.

I was lucky enough to get a 320 handcannon with firefly last week... And as garbage as handcannons are nowadays there's absolutely no way I infuse that with anything as it might be my only shot at hitting max light. :smh:

Last edited:

After yall spindal run VOG on Xbox? Put them to work on Atheon
im down to carry you thru VOG.
Thanks but no thanks.

Destiny Forums came through for me yesterday with a VOG run. Props to @Ace93
 and his boy also with the assist. We ran through that raid, mad memories tho while doing it.
roll.gif

You got cut from the team... Gonna take our backpack for the spindle then the nightfall and not even say goodbye
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
again?

Either my mic was on mute or I gotta get a new one
mean.gif
bruh willy dont eeeeen say thank you 
mean.gif

Yea they need to fix the weapon part thing. In not struggling with parts at all but now with my limited schedule I could struggle very quickly if they continue it. In terms of SCs and MoL I don't think it's that drastic of an issue. But then again I have everything but 1 possible armor piece that Xur could sell so I guess that I'm lucky.

This new way of implementing light level and gear is better than before because you aren't road blocked as hard. They just better release actual new content soon. Challenge modes will be fine, but I can't see them adding that much more replay value in its current state.

Back
Top Bottom