Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

You can run 1 each week but if you do hard mode first, you won't get drops if you run normal after. You will also only get chests once regardless.
I'm sorta confused, so if I were to complete the raid on normal first, I would basically be wasting my time running it and completing it on hard afterwards? I was under the impression that in the same week, we could run the raid on normal, get the "normal" loot and then run it on hard, get the "hard" loot.

You can run 1 each week but if you do hard mode first, you won't get drops if you run normal after. You will also only get chests once regardless.
I'm sorta confused, so if I were to complete the raid on normal first, I would basically be wasting my time running it and completing it on hard afterwards? I was under the impression that in the same week, we could run the raid on normal, get the "normal" loot and then run it on hard, get the "hard" loot.

Yes and no. Sometimes the hard roll will give you two of the same thing. I got two chest pieces rolled in one raid. I've also seen someone get two helmets at Atheon and two fate bringers to one person. So sometimes it's not a bad idea to run both.

You wouldn't be wasting your time running the raid on normal first, depending how skilled you are, and how you look at it.

You can run the raid on normal and collect all the loot drops and the 5 chests. Then if you run the raid on hard, you will only get a drop for Templar, after Gate Keeper and Atheon. You will not getting chest benefits if you run the raid on normal first.

Makes sense. I was just shocked by iHustle not getting any loot for beating atheon on hard even though he had only completed the raid on normal first, so I would have presumed he should have still gotten hard mode loot at least.

hard raid tonight?

I'm down, but I'm the middle of nightfall with my alt. We definitely need multiple raid teams b/c it's hard to find help on the weekends when I have the most time. Based u wanna get a squad together tonite?

Last edited:
Can't remember if we posted the Gatekeeper strategy form this guy. I know his Atheon strategy was posted earlier.

They basically do the left side like we do, but only 1 is standing at the plate and the 2 highest DPS go in and get it. The other 3 are at the right plate and laying down suppressive fire for the 1 guy on the left that is solo. Once the left keeper is down, the non relic holder on the left leaves right before he does down so they don't get marked and can help keep the plate open for a bit. Then once they go to the right side, they kill the gatekeeper and the 2 that won't hold relic, go back outside and the left side relic holder cleanses them and the right side relic holder goes and gets the relic himself. I am sure you can send one more in there with him to make it a little easier if we wanted to.

Here is the best strategy for the Gatekeeper hard mode.

Unlocked all upgrades for the Super Good Advice.

Honestly this weapon is on par with the Bad Juju in terms of being terrible.

Should I fully upgrade it or nah 
laugh.gif

I need your help fellas. I'm getting absolutely worked on the crucible. Not a novice at all when it comes to shooters. I'm running a level 27 Titan. If anyone could point me in the direction of a weapon combo I should be using or anything at all for that matter I would appreciate it.

I need your help fellas. I'm getting absolutely worked on the crucible. Not a novice at all when it comes to shooters. I'm running a level 27 Titan. If anyone could point me in the direction of a weapon combo I should be using or anything at all for that matter I would appreciate it.
Auto Rifles are still your best choice for the Crucible.

Good choices that I have personally used:

Suros Regime (exotic)

Shadow Price (Legendary, sold by vanguard quartermaster for 150 vanguard marks)

Cydonia AR3 (Uncommon but honestly a good AR, drops frequently and can have great perks)

Make sure you always check out the perks for a weapon that seemingly isn't very good. You'll be pleasantly suprised at times.

For a secondary you should use a Fusion Rifle.

It's the easiest special weapon to use and dominates in most situations.

Recommendations:

Plan C (exotic)

77-Wizard (150 crucible marks at crucible quartermaster)

Helios FR5 (rare fusion rifle)

Light/Beware (150 vanguard marks at vanguard quartermaster)

Again, make sure to check the perks. The best perks are extra hipfire accuracy and faster charge time.

If you're not that good you should probably take a rocket launcher for your heavy.

It's pretty much a guaranteed few kills.

Any rocket launcher with a high blast radius will do.

Aim for the head. Srs.

Shingen (or any AR with really high stability) >>>>>>>>>>>

Pocket Infinity (after you unlock the pocket infinity perk) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Invective (automatic shotgun = almost OP) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After that it's down to understanding the maps and game types and how to best win.

Maaaaan I grinded out the New Monarcy Mark 3 Crucible and got the Vanquish VIII, good deal since my Suros is maxed out. Also came with a legendary sniper, the Prudence II.

Last edited:
Maaaaan I grinded out the New Monarcy Mark 3 Crucible and got the Vanquish VIII, good deal since my Suros is maxed out. Also came with a legendary sniper, the Prudence II.

How is vanquish. Been doing new monarchy to get it. I'm at 2.5 rank

So remember where you could farm engrams on earth, go to the cave and "disturb the remains."

Back
Top Bottom