Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Hoping to raid tonight, thinking about going HM if we can get a full crew to do it. I just hit 29 last night, and hopefully I can at least be useful with wiping out Oracles with my Epilogue.

If not I'd surely settle for NM if anyone is down.

I get making them harder at accommodate stronger gear but why make it harder to get that new leg gear?

I don't think it will be neccesarily be harder to get the new gear. Right now, to buy a legendary set it takes 3-4 weeks due to the weekly mark restrictions, then you had to farm for materials then get ascendants.. now theres no farming, and people sitting on surplus ascendants.. something has to give/be introduced to add another level of grind.

Hoping to raid tonight, thinking about going HM if we can get a full crew to do it. I just hit 29 last night, and hopefully I can at least be useful with wiping out Oracles with my Epilogue.

If not I'd surely settle for NM if anyone is down.
Bless your heart.

Bless your heart.
There is nothing wrong with that statement. The Epilogue does work in the raid.  Just because you don't like doesn't mean it doesn't.

Especially since he doesn't have a VoC to use in VoG.

VoC

AE

Fatebringer

In that order for primary weapons to use in the VoG

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with that statement. The Epilogue does work in the raid.  Just because you don't like doesn't mean it doesn't.

VoC
AE
Fatebringer

haha, thanks for the backup Wright - to be honest I just got it late last week during my first raid run, and a couple folks on here told me it was potent on Oracles. I'm still getting it upgraded.

Totally fine with any help and critique, I am by no means an expert I'm new to the "upper echolons" of this game and getting fully acclimated to all that it takes to be successful once you hit this realm of the game. Always open to any suggestions and rightings of any perceived wrongs I may have.

Last edited:
haha, thanks for the backup Wright - to be honest I just got it late last week, and a couple folks on here told me it was potent on Oracles. I'm still getting it upgraded.

Totally fine with any help and critique, I am by no means a know-it-all, I'm new to the "upper echolons" of this game and getting fully acclimated to all that it takes to be successful once you hit this realm of the game. Always open to any suggestions and rightings of any perceived wrongs I may have.
No problem at all, BUT...do you have a 300 sniper or scout rifle (Icebreaker, etc)?

The first half of the raid, is a long distance fight for the most part, so one of those would be ideal to have.

I wasn't sure if he was talking about you using the AE, or the fact that that is all you would be able to actually use the weapon on since the first part is a ranged encounter. Besu runs with us on TMT sometimes, so I gotta which angle he was using
laugh.gif

#TMT
nthat.gif

No problem at all, BUT...do you have a 300 sniper or scout rifle (Icebreaker, etc)?

The first half of the raid, is a long distance fight for the most part, so one of those would be ideal to have.

I wasn't sure if he was talking about you using the AE, or the fact that that is all you would be able to actually use the weapon on since the first part is a ranged encounter. Besu runs with us on TMT sometimes, so I gotta which angle he was using :lol:

#TMT :nthat:

I don't have a 300 sniper, I actually just picked up a Crypt Dwellar with my cryptarch upgrade package - need to level it up though.

I ran the NM raid last week with a friggin rare scout rifle and my 77 Wizard. :lol:

Right now have the Epilogue and Crypt for primary and Wizard and Verdict for secondary. No other legendary/exotic weapons ATM.

Last edited:

I wasn't sure if he was talking about you using the AE, or the fact that that is all you would be able to actually use the weapon on since the first part is a ranged encounter. Besu runs with us on TMT sometimes, so I gotta which angle he was using
laugh.gif

#TMT
nthat.gif
I don't have a 300 sniper, I actually just picked up a Crypt Dwellar with my cryptarch upgrade package - need to level it up though.

I ran the NM raid last week with a friggin rare scout rifle and my 77 Wizard.
laugh.gif

Right now have the Epilogue and Crypt for primary and Wizard and Verdict for secondary. No other legendary/exotic weapons ATM.
Sounds like Normal Mode for you bro...

Unless you can find the ultimate carry team.

That's fine! I don't need/want to be the schlep that everyone has to overcompensate for during HM runs! I'll bide my time running NM's and step to the plate when it's the right fit.

That said, anyone down for NM tonight? :smile:

Last edited:

That's fine! I don't need/want to be the schlep that everyone has to overcompensate for during HM runs! I'll bide my time running NM's and step to the plate when it's the right time.

That said, anyone down for NM tonight?
smile.gif
Yeah, run normal some more to get the raid weapons drop for you. Having a Praydeth's Revenge and a Hezens or a Corrective Measure fully leveled will make you that much more powerful in the raid. It especially helps in Hard Mode. You'll only get more powerful with each raid you run and the more weapons that drop for you.

Yeah, run normal some more to get the raid weapons drop for you. Having a Praydeth's Revenge and a Hezens or a Corrective Measure fully leveled will make you that much more powerful in the raid. It especially helps in Hard Mode. You'll only get more powerful with each raid you run and the more weapons that drop for you.

Thanks for the gun suggestions too. Will keep an eye out!

Bless your heart.

VoC

AE

Fatebringer

Oracles eat epilogues shots on hard. I've used epilogue far too much to not like it but I recognize this weak point.

Also when you consider that for the first part we don't even jump down it's an even worse option to shoot at oracles with.

It's good for everything else though
laugh.gif
Chews right through praetorian/minotaur shields
pimp.gif

I wasn't making fun of him though. I just found his naivete truly charming 
laugh.gif
If I came across like a **** I'm sorry.

That's fine! I don't need/want to be the schlep that everyone has to overcompensate for during HM runs! I'll bide my time running NM's and step to the plate when it's the right fit.

That said, anyone down for NM tonight?
smile.gif
Don't know if I'm raiding tonight but I'll add you when I get on. Peso squad always needs people to run with. Too many randoms ******* up our raids
mean.gif

Plus I like your eagerness. Tells me you're gonna put in extra work and it's always nice to have someone like that around no matter what you're doing.

Don't know if I'm raiding tonight but I'll add you when I get on. Peso squad always needs people to run with. Too many randoms ******* up our raids :smh:
Plus I like your eagerness. Tells me you're gonna put in extra work and it's always nice to have someone like that around no matter what you're doing.

Sounds good man, and I didn't feel attacked at all - would love to help out in any Raid/Weekly/Nightfall. Send me an invite any time. :smokin

Last edited:
Oracles eat epilogues shots on hard. I've used epilogue far too much to not like it but I recognize this weak point.
Also when you consider that for the first part we don't even jump down it's an even worse option to shoot at oracles with.
It's good for everything else though :lol: Chews right through praetorian/minotaur shields :pimp:
I wasn't making fun of him though. I just found his naivete truly charming :lol: If I came across like a **** I'm sorry.

Don't know if I'm raiding tonight but I'll add you when I get on. Peso squad always needs people to run with. Too many randoms ******* up our raids :smh:

I'm going to defend the epilogue because it's by far the best killer of oracles out of all primaries. It'll take you less time to take down and oracle than even a VoC. There is a thorough analysis on reddit. I'd look it up but I'm in school until 9 and no laptop in hand.

Lets say you have a 300 Suros. In order to upgrade to the new damage cap of 330, or whatever it'll be.
You have to wait for Xur to allow you to upgrade that specific weapon, this will seem to rotate weekly (supposedly only 1 weapon per week as well).
Now Xur will upgrade it with a new damage cap of 330 for handing in the previous weapon + an exotic shard (which you get from breaking down an exotic or purchasing from Xur for 7 coins).
Your weapon is then reset to a new base damage cap and it needs to be releveled(rumor is that the new base un-upgraded base damage will be 302).
But supposedly leveling exotics will be easier and less tedious than right now.
Thanks for clarifying bro

It's good for everything else though
laugh.gif
Chews right through praetorian/minotaur shields
pimp.gif

I wasn't making fun of him though. I just found his naivete truly charming 
laugh.gif
If I came across like a **** I'm sorry.

Don't know if I'm raiding tonight but I'll add you when I get on. Peso squad always needs people to run with. Too many randoms ******* up our raids
mean.gif

I'm going to defend the epilogue because it's by far the best killer of oracles out of all primaries. It'll take you less time to take down and oracle than even a VoC. There is a thorough analysis on reddit. I'd look it up but I'm in school until 9 and no laptop in hand.
I agree with this, even read the reddit stats, but in the same sentence homie said he just hit level 29.

It's good for everything else though :lol: Chews right through praetorian/minotaur shields :pimp:
I wasn't making fun of him though. I just found his naivete truly charming :lol: If I came across like a **** I'm sorry.

Biigie when you get a chance what does the reddit analysis say about a fully maxed fatebringer in relation to killing Oracles with it.

Biigie when you get a chance what does the reddit analysis say about a fully maxed fatebringer in relation to killing Oracles with it.

That it's by far the worse of all primaries that have oracle distrupter . You are better off using a timepiece. Which is saying a lot. The way the perk works is that it does ~450 damage(number is off but it is in the 400s) every few seconds as long as you keep hitting the oracle. Any gun that has rapid fire ability has a higher chance at landing this hit as when the ability goes off there is a higher chance of it procing more often . This extra damage is also affected by your light level. So a level 29 will see 32% damage reduction for the oracle distrupter as well.

That it's by far the worse of all primaries that have oracle distrupter . You are better off using a timepiece. Which is saying a lot. The way the perk works is that it does ~450 damage(number is off but it is in the 400s) every few seconds as long as you keep hitting the oracle. Any gun that has rapid fire ability has a higher chance at landing this hit as when the ability goes off there is a higher chance of it procing more often . This extra damage is also affected by your light level. So a level 29 will see 32% damage reduction for the oracle distrupter as well.

I figured that, just don't make since to have an oracle disrupter perk.

I figured that, just don't make since to have an oracle disrupter perk.

It makes perfect sense. If lets say it procs every 5 seconds for example. I'll put in more shots into an oracle over 15 seconds with an epilogue and this have a negligent lag in terms of when the ability procs and when I'm able to use it. An epilogue wastes almost no time and thus mitigates the lag the most.

Back
Top Bottom