DESUS and MERO

Tonight is the season finale. But Desus and Mero have been confirmed for a 2nd season starting on February 3rd.

i used to love this on vice...but not enough to pickup showtime...wish they woulda stayed on vice!

man...i realized i had showtime and caught up...the show is cool, but for some reason it seemed better on vice...theyre tryin too hard now...esp mero, still a great show

I still listen to the pod but yeah the Showtime D&M looks forced but it has its moments. I only watch what they upload on YouTube but still, the brand is the strong :pimp:

I think it's the studio audience. When they were on Vice, it was a smaller set and the laughs were more geniune because it was coming from the people who worked on the show, many of them being minorities tuned into the humor and references. Still, moving to Showtime was the right move for them because Vice wasn't trying to pay them more, get them writers and still wanted them to do the show 4 times a week.

Last edited:
Seen them live back in August
Show was hilarious
But ya right, Mero not hittin the same.
I used to think he was the funnier one. Even Whoopi Goldberg said it. But he’s lost it 😔

I like the new show. Desus sometimes comes off forced in interviews, but I think Mero really shines. But, I'm Bodega Hive, Desus & Mero have had a big time late night show like for 1.25 seasons... I woudn't have anything mastered either

I think Mero is good as ever. He ususally connects better with the guests, and his humor feels more nuanced now. It's different, but no worse

Even though it's part of the brand, Mero seems like he's drinking and smoking too much. Don't **** this up b.

Even though it's part of the brand, Mero seems like he's drinking and smoking too much. Don't **** this up b.

Mero does pull that bottle like not tomorrow :lol: But since day 1 the guys have promised to never **** up the bag. Also they seem to be really well liked by a ton of celebs. The brand still seems brolic

“If you see me at Target higher than a baby giraffe , approach me like an earth side mammal!”
🙅🏻‍♂️🙅🏻‍♂️🙅🏻‍♂️
But yea, I think he losing it

I think Desus is the funnier one but his style is much more reserved. Mero is much more outgoing and takes more chances. Some of his humor doesn't always work but it does complement Desus well. I've always seen them as the hood Statler and Waldorf.

What shocks me is how the podcast hasn't ****ed up the bag yet. They're still spazzing out on the podcast but the caliber of guests on the TV show still keeps going up.

i like the show as well...i just think mero does too much w the rolling around on the ground and stuff like that...to me it comes off as forced...but with that being said, its really hard to keep it fresh and consistwnt and i understand that...

also, it felt like the vice show was done in a take while the shotime show has multiple retakes...i wish i woulda checked out a live show when i visited nyc last summer

20200317_033901.jpg

I attended their Hulu Theater show a couple of years back. Dope show but I was slightly disappointed that they didn't have any guests. It was cool seeing Black and Brown people show up for the Hive. I had on all my Knicks attire on that night. I also wanted to see them on their 5 Borough Tour but tickets sold out early. I did check out their PopUp in Queens tho

20180408_163453.jpg

20180408_172536.jpg

Back
Top Bottom