DESUS and MERO

I can get where you saying mero not funny cause he does goes OD plenty of times, where it’s kinda cringeworthy. But akademiks fam……..

You Akademiks in disguise. I see you fam

1658185770113.gif
Somebody else said he was in Aks realm, not me.

These dudes really must have some serious beef to walk away from where The Brand is at now. Wild.

Personally I think the writing was on the wall at Showtime—it never quite hit like I wanted it to and I know lots of others feel the same. Using the show ending to announce different creative directions sounds like some PR **** to try to minimize rumors/speculation into their personal issues.
Most likely its over money

Definitely see Desus having another platform, probably go the Joe Budden route. Mero just gonna be a Puerto Rican version of Akademiks but who is funny.
I forsee desus going full gentrification tap dancing for white celebs

Mero I could see him just being a social media personality that comments on stuff

These dudes really must have some serious beef to walk away from where The Brand is at now. Wild.

Personally I think the writing was on the wall at Showtime—it never quite hit like I wanted it to and I know lots of others feel the same. Using the show ending to announce different creative directions sounds like some PR **** to try to minimize rumors/speculation into their personal issues.
I don’t think it’s serious hate beef but desus don’t seem the type to wanna be locked down in NYC doing a late night show and a podcast. If you go on his IG he’s always in Beverly Hills. Mero has like 4 or 5 kids so even if they wanted to pivot the show into something else he can’t be never home. Desus ain’t got no ties

I don’t think it’s serious hate beef but desus don’t seem the type to wanna be locked down in NYC doing a late night show and a podcast. If you go on his IG he’s always in Beverly Hills. Mero has like 4 or 5 kids so even if they wanted to pivot the show into something else he can’t be never home. Desus ain’t got no ties
I can see that.

Not mad at neither of them. Both kids of immigrants from the hood who very likely have made a few million from just being themselves. There’s nothing wrong with being content especially if you never anticipated being in a certain spot.

I get what y’all saying but I would love to be a fly on the wall the moment they realized this wasn’t working out anymore. What was the conversation like, What was the final straw, I need details :lol:

I guess the dirt will come out eventually as we see with all media personality splits and what not

Ah this sucks

Mero’s priorities are different. He’s got the Sponsor, the kids, it’s a lot. He can’t go to LA on the weekend and drink mimosas with Becky’s. Hollywood Desus is about to takeover. When is he hosting Kimmel live?

Cant believe it
I’ve seen them Everytime they’ve came to LA.
I think Desus was the only one that participated in the celebrity game this weekend
Mero was supposed to be there too

the show really was only good when the bear with the ny hat/timbs was on…

as soon as that bear left…show became kinda whatever and the skits were cringeworthy
5E7D8114-5C58-4AA4-BF84-E452D8AA36D9.jpeg

Last edited:

Enh, to not finish out the season at Showtime tells me it’s bigger than just growing apart. Like they don’t really want to work together at all. And the thing is it’s always been single Desus vs. married Mero, all the way back to when the pod started. They’re just bigger now and the money is longer.

Whatever the case, it really isn’t my business I guess. I’m sure it’ll all come out eventually.

Enh, to not finish out the season at Showtime tells me it’s bigger than just growing apart. Like they don’t really want to work together at all. And the thing is it’s always been single Desus vs. married Mero, all the way back to when the pod started. They’re just bigger now and the money is longer.

Whatever the case, it really isn’t my business I guess. I’m sure it’ll all come out eventually.
You just said it. They live 2 different lifestyles. My single homies cut me off because I have kids and a girl, they look at me like I’m a sand to the beach type of dude. The older you get the more you become all in for your family and it looks to have hit that breaking point for them.

Rip bodega boys.

You just said it. They live 2 different lifestyles. My single homies cut me off because I have kids and a girl, they look at me like I’m a sand to the beach type of dude. The older you get the more you become all in for your family and it looks to have hit that breaking point for them.

Rip bodega boys.

The difference is that you and your boys aren’t walking away from getting big bags together. Huge difference, my guy. :lol:

The Art was and is something special. I hope they both go on to do big things. I know there were rumors about one or both of them getting a daytime or late night hosting gig, but they both could do great things solo too, and seems like there is more money in doing more independent media. Neither is going to disappear, and we got nearly a decade of them together.

The difference is that you and your boys aren’t walking away from getting big bags together. Huge difference, my guy. :lol:
I feel you but these things happen. Look at the migos. Even though they didn’t split its obvious Quavo and Takeoff are on a different time than Offset whose married with children. It gets in the way eventually.

Back
Top Bottom