Devry University....

Anybody ever go there or have stories about this place? I just started looking into it and keep hearing mixed reviews. Just wondering if anyone has any info regarding its
legitimacy.

Anybody ever go there or have stories about this place? I just started looking into it and keep hearing mixed reviews. Just wondering if anyone has any info regarding its
legitimacy.

Step-bro went there, for i think 2-3? years. He now fixes mri machines in hospitals for GE. He got a job 2 months after graduating, i think they help you find one. Still working there to this day.

Step-bro went there, for i think 2-3? years. He now fixes mri machines in hospitals for GE. He got a job 2 months after graduating, i think they help you find one. Still working there to this day.

two of my boys went there and now theyre in debt they said its complete %#$%*@#*

just go to community college they pay you to go there if you get financial aid

two of my boys went there and now theyre in debt they said its complete %#$%*@#*

just go to community college they pay you to go there if you get financial aid

They have more masters degrees in high-demand fields than most comparable universities, but it's expensive, and I'd just go to community college. I don't know if where you live OP, you have a guaranteed program that enables transfers from CC to state schools. In Cali, if you maintain just a bare bones gpa and finish your general education, you can transfer to a UC. Look into it.

They have more masters degrees in high-demand fields than most comparable universities, but it's expensive, and I'd just go to community college. I don't know if where you live OP, you have a guaranteed program that enables transfers from CC to state schools. In Cali, if you maintain just a bare bones gpa and finish your general education, you can transfer to a UC. Look into it.

I'm in a little different situation than most I consider. I was going to a pretty big University for 2 years but do to some circumstances I wasn't able to finish. I then went to a community college in the meantime and was then going to transfer to the State school. So I have 3 to 3 1/2 years of college credits already. I applied to the state school, got in. Now I just received a notice saying that I have been rescinded because one of the Writing classes I took at the University wasn't accepted by them and that I would have to take another writing GE course before I got in. I can't apply for spring because it says you must have completed all classes required by the end of summer. So now I have to wait a year, and just feeling pretty low right now. Not sure what I can do.

I'm in a little different situation than most I consider. I was going to a pretty big University for 2 years but do to some circumstances I wasn't able to finish. I then went to a community college in the meantime and was then going to transfer to the State school. So I have 3 to 3 1/2 years of college credits already. I applied to the state school, got in. Now I just received a notice saying that I have been rescinded because one of the Writing classes I took at the University wasn't accepted by them and that I would have to take another writing GE course before I got in. I can't apply for spring because it says you must have completed all classes required by the end of summer. So now I have to wait a year, and just feeling pretty low right now. Not sure what I can do.

I know somebody that went to ITT.

He was very good with computers on his own.  All he wanted to do was work on computers, he didn't care for all the other general education stuff.  He went to ITT, got certified/degree and now has a job in some IT department.  He says that he probably could do the work without having the degree, but he wouldn't have the job since the degree was required.

It worked out for him.

I know somebody that went to ITT.

He was very good with computers on his own.  All he wanted to do was work on computers, he didn't care for all the other general education stuff.  He went to ITT, got certified/degree and now has a job in some IT department.  He says that he probably could do the work without having the degree, but he wouldn't have the job since the degree was required.

It worked out for him.

roll.gif
at that vid. Looks like a Chappelle skit.

Went to DeVry for 3 weeks and wisely decided to withdraw, my bill for the duration was $2000.  Just a heads up.

Went to DeVry for 3 weeks and wisely decided to withdraw, my bill for the duration was $2000.  Just a heads up.

If you do decide to go there make sure you stay until your finished because with schools like that the credits you gain there aren't transferrable

Back
Top Bottom