Dez Bryant ruled ineligible

http://sportsillustrated..../07/bryant.ap/index.html

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) -- All-America wide receiver Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible by Oklahoma State for an improperinteraction with a former NFL player.

Bryant said Wednesday in a statement released by the university that he "made a mistake by not being entirely truthful whenmeeting with the NCAA." He also apologized to his teammates, coaches, fans and the NCAA.

A top NFL prospect, Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season while also scoring twice on puntreturns. He has 17 catches for 323 yards and four touchdowns this season, but sat out Oklahoma State's last game against Grambling State.
Uh-oh. Isthis for the rest of the year? This has shades of Mike Williams and possibly a Crabtree situation.
eek.gif
Wonder if Crabtree would have signed had he known about this?

Damn it's like WRs are fighting for the front page today.

Time for Damian Williams to step up and solidify himself as this years #1 WR.

Uh-oh. Is this for the rest of the year? This has shades of Mike Williams and possibly a Crabtree situation.
eek.gif
Wonder if Crabtree would have signed had he known about this?
what in the world are you talkin bout?
laugh.gif

More Clarett than M. Williams, but Williams was a receiver so I used him.

Projected high draft pick who can't play out the season. Could lead to a dramatic drop in where he ends up drafted. Many had Dez Bryant as the #1 receiver.Cuz of this, he might go a lot lower now. Williams looked like he was gonna be a top draft pick too, but cuz he ended up sitting out, he ended up not gettingdrafted anywhere near where people had projected him.

It goes to Crabtree cuz if Bryant is gone for the season and ends up a lot lower than he was projected, he's got the same argument that he should be paid alot more. Sure that happens all the time in the draft, but like Crabtree, Bryant is considered to be in the running for first receiver taken.

Fam, he's still getting drafted in the first round regardless. The NCAA is too anal about these things but they ain't complaining when they'rebanking off of his back though.

Originally Posted by codex57

More Clarett than M. Williams, but Williams was a receiver so I used him.

Projected high draft pick who can't play out the season. Could lead to a dramatic drop in where he ends up drafted. Many had Dez Bryant as the #1 receiver. Cuz of this, he might go a lot lower now. Williams looked like he was gonna be a top draft pick too, but cuz he ended up sitting out, he ended up not getting drafted anywhere near where people had projected him.

It goes to Crabtree cuz if Bryant is gone for the season and ends up a lot lower than he was projected, he's got the same argument that he should be paid a lot more. Sure that happens all the time in the draft, but like Crabtree, Bryant is considered to be in the running for first receiver taken.
All null in void because Bryant is ten times the reciever Williams is

He will go top 10

Mike Williams went #10

Behind Braylon and an obvious reach in Troy Williamson. Drafting Braylon over BMW wasn't really far fetched. In the '05 draft, BMW wasn't the clearcut #1 WR coming out. BMW also clocked a 4.6 40

Crabtree didn't go a LOT lower than expected. He dropped a couple slots, only because of needs and the DHB pick. The fact that he adamantly was againstgoing to Oak ALL but guaranteed that he was going at 10 or around there. Aside from probably Tyson Jackson and DHB, EVERYBODY who went in from of Crabby was aprojected top 5-top 10 pick. If anybody dropped it was Percy

Don't see the Clarett correlation at all. His troubles were with the law AND he'd was a known knucklehead from !+#@ going on w/ the team. And Anacademic issue AND the whole !+#@ w/ that funeral. AND HE RAN A 4.7 AND A 4.8

Dez's problem is that he told the NCAA he didn't know Deion. And he's no about to run a 4.6-4.8. Dez is going to murder his workouts.

Apples to oranges,

Is Dez still eligible for the draft next year? I'm not too familiar with the college system. It's a damn shame, I was hoping he make a run for theHeisman too.

A couple spots at the top of the draft is HUGE money. Otherwise, Crabtree wouldn't have much reason to sit out. What's the difference in amount ofguaranteed $$$ btw the #10 pick and, say, the top 5?

Damn, looks like Bryant is out for the season.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Not a good year to be a pre-season Heisman contender.

laugh.gif
Seriously.

Texas can cake walk to the Big XII title game now.

Originally Posted by hungweedawg

Is Dez still eligible for the draft next year? I'm not too familiar with the college system. It's a damn shame, I was hoping he make a run for the Heisman too.
All you need is 3 yrs out of HS. Dez is good to go
A couple spots at the top of the draft is HUGE money. Otherwise, Crabtree wouldn't have much reason to sit out. What's the difference in amount of guaranteed $$$ btw the #10 pick and, say, the top 5?
No doubt, and I never said that it wasn't, but you're acting like (Well, at least what I got from what you typed, so I could be wrong) BMWdropped 10-15 spots ONLY because of not playing that last season. BMW wasn't the #1, clear cut, absolute BEST wr in the draft. There were legit concernsabout Crabtree, his health, whether he's a product of the system/will it translate to the NFL, AND his attitude. Plus, he was competeing w/ Percy, JMac9for that top slot. Add in the fact that you had at least 2 top tier QB's coming out, Dominating DL's, 3 premier LT's and the unequivocal best LB inthe draft coming out then it's easy to see why Crabby fell to 10 after he got his way out of Oakland.

And add in the fact that unless your some kind of supermonsterbeast, WR's typically don't go top 5

Off the top of my head, the only WR's in recent memory I remember going top 5 = CJ, Fitz, Dre Johnson, Charles Rogers, P-Dub....who am I missing? (
nerd.gif
)

And Crabtree ain't on NONE of their levels.

Back
Top Bottom