Did Bron sell the shoe or did the shoe sell the shoe?

Originally Posted by never wear them

You want the truth?
lebron's success, with the 7s and 8s, led the 9s to success and for future Lbj shoes....

Put a Lebron logo on these

nike-air-max-360-bb-low-mango.jpg

Nike%20Air%20Max%20360%20BB%20aslue%20Photo%20Blue.jpg

they would have sold well instead of hitting sales rack and outlets. 

With Kobes... I think his performance on the court give's ppl an idea on how well the shoes perform and also when the general public tries them on, the comfort leads to a sale... 

Lebron shoes are now looked at as "oh those are gonna look dope with jeans" type shoes...

while ppl are saying "oh you know the Kobes are gonna perform well on the court"comments...

I agree with the last 2 statements.

But shoe sold the shoe for the most part. It seems quite a number of people who would not even look twice at a Lebron shoe for the fact it is a Lebron shoe, changed their minds because of the design, but most specially the colorways (most of them loud).

I wasnt a fan of the Lebron 9's from the pre-rd pictures.

but once a got a pair and felt the comfort and durability on the shoe, there's nothing that can compare.
Same goes for the Lebron 8. My boy let me wear a pair of his beater Vet 8's to ball in,
i was
eek.gif
by the response and bounce i was getting from the shoe, it was a little tight but still
pimp.gif

after that i went on a mission and copped 9 c/w's.

im not even a Lebron fan and some of my boys clown me like why am i wearing Lebrons and stuff but i just tell them stick with your cardboard j's

Originally Posted by Greezee

The shoe sold the shoe. The color combinations and "theme" names were a big selling point for people.

Word! I haven't gone crazy on a LeBron shoe since the IVs. I got like 5 pairs of IXs
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Shoe sold the shoe...no one likes LeBum, he's a douche.

Disagree... Good shoe but if it weren't for Bron they wouldn't cause all this hype which in turn Nike doesn't mind paying him

You want the truth?
lebron's success, with the 7s and 8s, led the 9s to success and for future Lbj shoes....

Put a Lebron logo on these

nike-air-max-360-bb-low-mango.jpg

Nike%20Air%20Max%20360%20BB%20aslue%20Photo%20Blue.jpg

they would have sold well instead of hitting sales rack and outlets. 

With Kobes... I think his performance on the court give's ppl an idea on how well the shoes perform and also when the general public tries them on, the comfort leads to a sale... 

Lebron shoes are now looked at as "oh those are gonna look dope with jeans" type shoes...

while ppl are saying "oh you know the Kobes are gonna perform well on the court"comments...

Good point.. But the Kobe's look kinda cool, the Lebron's are ugly. He sold those himself (Imo)

bron sold the shoes come on you guys know you guys didnt hype and buy these since they didnt have LB name on them.  
performance-review-nike-air-max-360-bb-low-04.jpg

Originally Posted by truongxlong

bron sold the shoes come on you guys know you guys didnt hype and buy these since they didnt have LB name on them.  

The more I look at these, the more I like them...look like a takedown hybrid of 8 Lows and 9 Lows...I'm on the hunt for that Peach pair

Anyways, I personally switched to Lebrons because of abundance of colorways.

I think consumers are starting to switch over to a new athlete to replace the Jordan brand. The Concord release is what was the last straw for me. Hundreds of dudes literally fighting and stealing for a chance to lose 200 bucks.

Lebrons are hyped too, but unless it's something like the galaxy pack, you won't see campouts and fights for them.

Plus the quality is leaps and bounds above Jordan Brand and Nike Sportswear.

If it wasn't for Lebron no one would care for any of the shoes. It is Because of Lebron we notice these shoes. If these color ways came out for just nike, they would never sell out as easy as they do with the name Lebron behind it. Some of you people let your hate for Lebron get to your head so much your becoming delusional.

Its Ashame

Wearing the 8's made me give the 9's a shot. So not so much to do w/Bron, really like the shoe (and the colorways).

Originally Posted by truongxlong

My boy got the blue ones when we went down to Miami in November. I'd buy the blue ones but I wouldn't touch the other ones. Same with the LeBron 8 Lows. I only want the Sprites. 

Originally Posted by s dubl

I cant stand Lebron.... I have 4 pairs with one on the way.

I came in here to say that, honestly, the sneakers are coppable but I will never, ever own a pair.

Furthermore, I read something yesterday about a version releasing next year retailing @ $315?

I had never owned anything Lebron until this shoe. It was the shoe and the CW's that sold it

I agree that sales would be much less w/o brons name on it but isn't that the reason that nike is paying him more than the miami heat are?

For me, I think the shoe sold the shoe but the fact that it has LeBron's name attached to it makes us focus on it more than the other Nike bball shoes. We see LeBron, Kobe, or Durant's name attached to a shoe and we think that they are the top of the line and the best Nike has to offer performance wise or design wise, whether that is true or not. NWT posted those bb360 lows which are a decent design, but if they were the LeBron 8 lows and the Lebron 8s were some Nike gr, the attention would be shifted over. You would have the LeBron fans buy them because they look good and are the LeBron sig. Then you'd have the people who aren't LeBron fans buy them because they are a good design in spite of being associated with Lebron.

There are those who hate LeBron but love the shoe, but really without his name on the shoe some of those people(not all) wouldn't even notice the same shoe. It's not because of some secret love of Lebron, but just because we know he is one of the top athletes associated with Nike and so his shoes (should) reflect that.

The Lebron 8s and the popularity of the 'colorway' names sold the 9s.

Imho...the Swingmans are the only 9s I like and own...but the v1 and v2 of the 8s are possibly one of the best designed Nike shoes of all time. They were the perfect hypebeast 'popthetongue'/sport with jeans sneakers.

south beach 8's turned lebrons from just a regular player sig to the second biggest behind jordan. end of story.

You want the truth?

this.

I wasn't really interested in Lebrons until the VII's. I mean I thought some of his older shoes were okay like the IV's, first soldiers, zoom generations, etc. But the VII is what got REAL interested in lebrons...

EVEN the box of the lebron VII was too dope. inspired by the old jordan box

The VIIs were the first time that most people would wear Lebrons casually which helped propel sales for the VIII and IX. Not to mention the Decision and South Beach VIIIs sending popularity for the line into the stratospher. Lebron's name made everyone notice the shoes, but the casual friendly design definitely solidified the sales.

it was Lebron's move to Miami. With that came new popularity with his first sig shoe being on a new team (the
glasses.gif

If you honestly think that the mass of people would notice and or buy Lebrons shoes if his name wasnt attached to it, you all are CRAZY.

the only reason most of these color ways get a Pass is because its a lebron shoe. If jordan ever made a shoe that was Teal and pink back then, that color way would sit for months on in. Thats when those colors hit the most. Would anybody buy any shoes with Kobe or Jordans name on it that was BRIGHT orange?

Lebron name is a BIG part of the reason his shoes sell.

Back
Top Bottom