did dis dude just did dis?

Even in our own lifetime, we can recall how Britain and her leaders stood against a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society and denied our common humanity to many, especially the Jews, who were thought unfit to live. I also recall the regime’s attitude to Christian pastors and religious who spoke the truth in love, opposed the Nazis and paid for that opposition with their lives. As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a “reductive vision of the person and his destiny

Even in our own lifetime, we can recall how Britain and her leaders stood against a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society and denied our common humanity to many, especially the Jews, who were thought unfit to live. I also recall the regime’s attitude to Christian pastors and religious who spoke the truth in love, opposed the Nazis and paid for that opposition with their lives. As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a “reductive vision of the person and his destiny

Originally Posted by Murda He

Oh I get it, you're attempting to be one of those dbags that looks down on other people's beliefs online for NO reason at all. Carry on...

Originally Posted by Murda He

Oh I get it, you're attempting to be one of those dbags that looks down on other people's beliefs online for NO reason at all. Carry on...

And? I never met him or gave a damn what he had to say... most protestants don't, and I'm not even most protestants. So why should ALL theists catch flack for one man's views, Pope or otherwise? Huh? Huh?!

Yes mad.

I'm sick of this %*%*, truthfully..

And? I never met him or gave a damn what he had to say... most protestants don't, and I'm not even most protestants. So why should ALL theists catch flack for one man's views, Pope or otherwise? Huh? Huh?!

Yes mad.

I'm sick of this %*%*, truthfully..

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^How is there NO reason? This is the Pope...

Eh, after the 9/11 jokes thread it seems this kid just tries to break balls and get attention. Religion in general and the Church specifically could not have done more to make themselves entirely irrelevant in my life, so I'm no Christian apologist. But really ... How BRAVE of you to criticize the Catholic Church at the height of its popularity and the Pope, a decrepit old man.

At least Madonna was getting at the Church when doing so was truly unpopular. You're just late to the ballgame, guy.

Eh, after the 9/11 jokes thread it seems this kid just tries to break balls and get attention. Religion in general and the Church specifically could not have done more to make themselves entirely irrelevant in my life, so I'm no Christian apologist. But really ... How BRAVE of you to criticize the Catholic Church at the height of its popularity and the Pope, a decrepit old man.

At least Madonna was getting at the Church when doing so was truly unpopular. You're just late to the ballgame, guy.

It ain't brave when you use the inherent anonymity of a message board as a medium... it's quite the opposite.

It ain't brave when you use the inherent anonymity of a message board as a medium... it's quite the opposite.

Originally Posted by proper english

eh.. at least they're not killing the non-believers..

true.

they're just raping the believer's children and covering it up.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

what is a Pope

The Pope is the Bishop of Rome.  The leader of the Catholic Church.  Also sometimes referred to as The Vicar of Christ.

Originally Posted by proper english

eh.. at least they're not killing the non-believers..

true.

they're just raping the believer's children and covering it up.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

what is a Pope

The Pope is the Bishop of Rome.  The leader of the Catholic Church.  Also sometimes referred to as The Vicar of Christ.

atheists do kinda force what they believe on religious people.
There's plenty of NTer's who do it here....atheism is the new cool thing these days

But yeah the Pope went overboard.

Back
Top Bottom