did MACKLEMORE have the biggest year of any rapper??

I think I dislike him mainly for the Ryan Lewis production. It's awful to me. It's boring and doesn't trigger a single positive musical nerve in my body. Clearly the guy knows how to produce from a technical side, but sonically it's hot garbage.

I don't know how to feel about macklemore lol. I'm from Seattle, plus I know people in his camp close to my brother so I want nothing but success for him and anyone around him. But man I just can't **** with his music 8)

Hey Seattle is on the map I guess :tongue:

View media item 539636
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.25016/title.hip-hop-album-sales-the-week-ending-8-11-2013

Plus the million that Samsung bought which does in fact count.

For all you dudes who dont like dude, have you ever listened to pre The Heist Mackelmore? Dude is nice always has been.
Wow you dumb. The Heist sold 932k total. 15k this week, almost a year after the release date. Magna Carter Hot **** sold 845k all time. 48k this week.

Someone wrote on here that Macklemore has the best mainstream flow. He attracts the people that don't **** with hardcore rap. That's a large fanbase.

I like Macklemore, however The Heist has some duds.

GKMC however, does not.

I can see Mack winning a Record of the Year grammy, however Kendrick would probably take Best Rap/Hip-Hop Album.

kendrick ain't getting squat. A grammy hip-hop award? that never existed, who even won the last one? cmon we all know grammy awards is mainstream hip hop. Kendrick is getting his *** outta that. Why you think he dropped that verse on control? cuz he wants all this buddy buddy hippy hop to stop. He wants to revert back to the old days of competiveness where beef occurred which brought so much attention. The dudes in suits were like "naw" and are probably gonna give it to macklemore or Jay. They don't wanna any flashbacks of mid 90s to early 00s. They want these lubby dubby songs and catchy dance tunes :smh:

View media item 539636
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.25016/title.hip-hop-album-sales-the-week-ending-8-11-2013

Plus the million that Samsung bought which does in fact count.

For all you dudes who dont like dude, have you ever listened to pre The Heist Mackelmore? Dude is nice always has been.
Wow you dumb. The Heist sold 932k total. 15k this week, almost a year after the release date. Magna Carter Hot **** sold 845k all time. 48k this week.

Someone wrote on here that Macklemore has the best mainstream flow. He attracts the people that don't **** with hardcore rap. That's a large fanbase.
845k plus 1 million equals 845k? Good to know.

Iono, I enjoy his music.

Dude sold nearly a million records. Has to be doing something right.

Last edited:
macklemore just looks funny to me man like a white version of danny brown hairstyle mixed with Ms. Piggy from the muppets hybrid with channing tatum

Last edited:
macklemore just looks funny to me man like a white version of danny brown hairstyle mixed with Ms. Piggy from the muppets hybrid with channing tatum
Are you really goin' in on another man's looks? I coulda sworn he was here to make music not model or appeal to you visually.

And us fans like to talk about how dumbed down and "poppy" the music is nowadays when we got comments like this :smh:

I can't stand his music but the female population in NYC straight feasts on his tracks so I ain't eeeem mad :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I like Macklemore... and I like what he stands for. I listened to the album but not as much as Kendrick. Neither album of Kendrick's for that matter. Section 80 > The Heist (they were both independent)

Macklemore makes safe hip hop tho, stuff parents can let their kids listen to and not feel bad about it. Truth be told, that's why I like dude. He talks about real issues on his album and stuff that he's struggled with. Can't fault him for that. I just don't think that album deserves the grammy over Kendrick. Not by a long shot.

I can't stand Macklemore, and I can't stand all the casual rap fans who like him. He's such a gimmick. :smh:

Rap has BEEN a gimmick for decades. It's all marketed strategically.

At least what he's rapping about is his real life, unlike most of /mu/'s idols. I'm not a huge Macklemore fan but I don't mind him at all. Heist was a pretty good record and Ryan Lewis is sick. If you put a couple different rappers over those beats, you'd all love it.

I think I dislike him mainly for the Ryan Lewis production. It's awful to me. It's boring and doesn't trigger a single positive musical nerve in my body.

That's completely absurd.

^^^^

Nah man, every thing I've heard just sounds like it is meant to be a huge pop record. Again, Asher Roth's "I Love College" was a better gimmick record than anything this guy is putting out.

Asher Roth, Mac Miller, Yelawolf, Action Bronson are all >>>>>> Macklemoore in every sense of rap and music when it comes to white rappers. Just goes to show how sad the state of music is today.

I just feel like dudes don't like him because he's not talking about ratchet ***** and killing ******.

Won't like I'd consider Mack's "radio" stuff is more pop while he does have songs like Otherside and Same Love.

. It's hard to compare him to Kendrick.

I do like K dot more tho.

Last edited:
I just feel like dudes don't like him because he's not talking about ratchet ***** and killing ******.

Won't like I'd consider Mack's "radio" stuff is more pop while he does have songs like Otherside and Same Love.

. It's hard to compare him to Kendrick.

I do like K dot more tho.

Theres a HUGE line between rapping about that and rapping about shopping at a thrift store :rofl:

^^^^

Nah man, every thing I've heard just sounds like it is meant to be a huge pop record. Again, Asher Roth's "I Love College" was a better gimmick record than anything this guy is putting out.

Asher Roth, Mac Miller, Yelawolf, Action Bronson are all >>>>>> Macklemoore in every sense of rap and music when it comes to white rappers. Just goes to show how sad the state of music is today.

I'll throw this guy in there too

Rittz_TLATOJV.jpg

those ryan lewis beats are awful.

youre disrespecting your ears by listening to some of those songs

i read a review on dudes cd and dude said "these beats sound like they were made on an electric garbage can"
laugh.gif

the whole review was pure ether

Last edited:
He's not a rapper, he's a pop artist. His music is so bad that it's comedy. Can't believe he has fans.

He's making a lot of money though

^^^^

Asher Roth? The line, you have crossed it. Agian you guys gotta listen to some pre The Hiest stuff.

I just can't get down with Macklemore... He doesn't do it for me.
I like Action Bronson, but dude sounds like the white Ghostface.
I dig Mac Miller... his whole vibe is righteous :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom